Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

BANGERNOMICS (sub2k) of the week/day Part 6

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

Ah I dunno. They're funky enough looking like but in an interesting sorta way.

160bhp and decent handling too so not the worst of drives either.

Not often you see an Impreza of that generation that hasn’t had 8/9/10+ owners too. That looks a very nice example

• Registered Users Posts: 8,510 ✭✭✭jmreire

terrydel wrote: »
    Did you pay that? That's criminal. How did they justify it?
    I worked for one of the big insurers for 14 years, they are cowboys all of them.

No, I shopped around and eventually got it for €850 with 123.ie. It had dropped to €800 by 2018, when I sold it on. They claimed that as I had only 1 years experience driving that car, the increase was justified, they conveniently ignored my 35 years claim free experience with our other car. Legalised robbery. 2015 was the year that the insurance company's needed a massive cash injection,,, and this extortion worked... in 2016, profits were €16 million....by 2017 this had increased to €225 Million. 1300% increase. Speaks for itself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,881 ✭✭✭terrydel

jmreire wrote: »
    No, I shopped around and eventually got it for €850 with 123.ie. It had dropped to €800 by 2018, when I sold it on. They claimed that as I had only 1 years experience driving that car, the increase was justified, they conveniently ignored my 35 years claim free experience with our other car. Legalised robbery. 2015 was the year that the insurance company's needed a massive cash injection,,, and this extortion worked... in 2016, profits were €16 million....by 2017 this had increased to €225 Million. 1300% increase. Speaks for itself.

Before the financial meltdown and recession, the vast majority of them made money only off investment income, but when the stockmarket died, they were ****ed, and didn't have a clue how to make money off the product they actually sold, nearly every one of them was losing 1-10c on every euro they were taking in. Only when they were able to form a cartel essentially and conspire to rip people of lf once the economy turned allowing them to do so, have they started to make money. What great businessmen eh! Clowns, their only tactic is robbing people, the idiots are incapable of being successful any other way

terrydel wrote: »
    Before the financial meltdown and recession, the vast majority of them made money only off investment income, but when the stockmarket died, they were ****ed, and didn't have a clue how to make money off the product they actually sold, nearly every one of them was losing 1-10c on every euro they were taking in. Only when they were able to form a cartel essentially and conspire to rip people of lf once the economy turned allowing them to do so, have they started to make money. What great businessmen eh! Clowns, their only tactic is robbing people, the idiots are incapable of being successful any other way

1000% correct..quantitative easing destroyed their shareholder dividends..but now they have discovered a ready made perfectly legal cash cow,,,they will be very reluctant to develop a working business model,,,The total amount' paid out over the years has not changed, believe it or not, and yet premiums have increased in 100's of %..in my case, over 300%.

1000% correct..quantitative easing destroyed their shareholder dividends..but now they have discovered a ready made perfectly legal cash cow,,,they will be very reluctant to develop a working business model,,,The total amount' paid out over the years has not changed, believe it or not, and yet premiums have increased in 100's of %..in my case, over 300%.

I know it's correct mate, as I said I worked for the ****ers for 14 years haha. They lived off investment income and never bothered to make money from their core product. The fact our government allows it is the only reason they get away with their new model of out and out gouging.

• Advertisement

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/car-bmw-316-sport-saloon/23133916

YzJhYjhiNmQzYmYxNjExNzgwNThlZjgxNjc1ZjJlMTb9ZsDbMMq1cpwagXVMUr3aaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xMzM3MTY1MDN8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

Nice looking example of a fairly unspectacular car

04 316 sport, 1 previous owner, 80k miles, 13 months test, €950

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/volvo-s80-auto-diesel-nct-6-20-tax-5-20-proper-car/23129802

YzM5ZTIxMTQzYzE5YTAyODIzZWJlMmY5MjYyMDk2MTV-4oLLRlPXS1oF1d8LVh2vaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xMzM2ODEwNDV8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

Diesel S80 with NCT and tax until May 2020, €1500

Nice old bus

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/saab-93-estate/23129557

ZDNiOTVhOGRhMDAwM2Q5NzY3YzBkNDU3ZTIwMGMxNDjcDdaaj9ocIsU87nOGf-LOaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xMzM2NzkwNDB8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

This looks very tidy

Diesel, low miles, long term owner, years test - €1500

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/saab-93-estate/23129557

ZDNiOTVhOGRhMDAwM2Q5NzY3YzBkNDU3ZTIwMGMxNDjcDdaaj9ocIsU87nOGf-LOaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xMzM2NzkwNDB8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

This looks very tidy

Diesel, low miles, long term owner, years test - €1500

I could suffer on bravely in any of your 3 previous posts Duke...maybe, just maybe, the Volvo would shade it.:)

I could suffer on bravely in any of your 3 previous posts Duke...maybe, just maybe, the Volvo would shade it.:)

A nice 99/00 petrol S80 would be the dream, they are seriously underrated barges IMO

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭AmberGold

That BMW is class.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭Top Dog

So how has it worked for anyone who bought a bangernomic?
    06 Mondeo 2.2 Diesel ST UK import - 840 (identical to our other UK import 06 but an extra 120 to insure for no reason what so ever that the guy on the phone could explain :rolleyes:)

08 Alfa 159 SW 1.9 Diesel - 680
    03 BMW 318Ci 2.0 Petrol - 590
    07 Renault Kangoo 1.6 Auto - 495

All successive, all fully comp with the same extras, all estimated at a similar value and all with Axa.

Top Dog wrote: »
    06 Mondeo 2.2 Diesel ST UK import - 840 (identical to our other UK import 06 but an extra 120 to insure for no reason what so ever that the guy on the phone could explain :rolleyes:)

08 Alfa 159 SW 1.9 Diesel - 680
    03 BMW 318Ci 2.0 Petrol - 590
    07 Renault Kangoo 1.6 Auto - 495

All successive, all fully comp with the same extras, all estimated at a similar value and all with Axa.

Just goes to show what is the new "Normal".....we now consider ourselves "lucky" to get quotes like these ( as against my 1175 quote, up from 320 ) while there does seem to be a slight reduction in prices/quotes this year, its still a horrific legalized cash cow for insurance shareholder's.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭BOSTIK

I've heard corollas being called lots of things,however,stately was never one of them.:D

A nearly 19 year old car with less than 35,000 miles on the clock has surely led a stately life.

Any chance joujoujou would traverse the country to add it to the collection?:)

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭TychoCaine

A nice 99/00 petrol S80 would be the dream, they are seriously underrated barges IMO

I've owned 3 of them, an 02, 05 & 06, and the 2.5t petrol with an auto box drives as nice as any e class, and has more space in the back. The manual box is OK, but not the smoothest shifter out there. They are very nose heavy though, and eat front suspension bushes and tyres at a scary rate. The PCV system clogs up a lot too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kamili

YTk4-Nj-Y3-Nz-Uz-N2-Jm-N2-U2-Nz-E0-Zj-Zj-Zm-Fm-ZTE1-Yj-Qy-ZGTOb-U1-Jh0-Zqv68-VHmve-Qx-Q.jpg

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/subaru-impreza-estate-fsh-nct-6-20-1495/23131804

06 4x4 impreza wagon
    Test till next June
    Few weeks tax
    Supposedly a full stamped service history
    And a recent timing belt change
    Looks clean
    For sale by a dealer
    Asking €1495

Looks like that was originally blue? why the respray?
    couple of dings on it too.

It is blue?

It is blue?

Maybe its the crappy overblown photos but it looks silver on my screen...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭Tacitus Kilgore

Kamili wrote: »
    Looks like that was originally blue? why the respray?
    couple of dings on it too.

What respray? Its blue

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

What respray? Its blue

Do we have another case of The Dress?

• Advertisement

grogi wrote: »

I think its my screen settings. Opened it on my phone and it is definately blue.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭Tacitus Kilgore

If you're so sure what it ain't, how 'bout telling us what it am?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

It’s probably ice silver - which is a blue-tinged silver. More silver than blue I guess (or it would be ice blue).

alastair wrote: »
    It’s probably ice silver - which is a blue-tinged silver. More silver than blue I guess (or it would be ice blue).

yep, which on my crappy old laptop screen came out as silver - I'd say its a far nicer colour in the flesh

2002 A6 estate, 900 quid.
    https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/audi-a6-2002/23129286
    Nct out this month so not sure it meets the criteria.
    Looks good tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭Top Dog

Just goes to show what is the new "Normal".....we now consider ourselves "lucky" to get quotes like these ( as against my 1175 quote, up from 320 ) while there does seem to be a slight reduction in prices/quotes this year, its still a horrific legalized cash cow for insurance shareholder's.:mad:
    Tis a bit sad really. That's for a couple in their early forties, clean full licences, full no claims and living in an area that is far from a car theft hot spot.

I got rid of my Impreza turbo 2 years ago because I thought the insurance was nuts at €950 - now it seems almost reasonable for what it was :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

I don't understand something...

It was bad when they offered insurance for cheap and made profit on interest only. It is also bad now when they don't offer insurance for cheap and actually started to make money on the product they are selling... So which one is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭Nekro Man

https://www.carzone.ie/used-cars/toyota/yaris/fpa/201909102059081

Nice little runner, new tyres and headlights, Taxed 'till Oct 2019 and NCT 'valid 'till Feb'2020.,Parrot Bluetooth kit installed.

I know the owner, takes immaculate care of it.

not a bad shout.

Tell the owner to put it on Donedeal, they will get much more traffic

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭Nekro Man

Tell the owner to put it on Donedeal, they will get much more traffic

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/toyota-yaris-2005/23142284?campaign=3

already up, thanks for the suggestion though!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement