Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

BANGERNOMICS (sub2k) of the week/day Part 6

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,941 ✭✭✭selectamatic

Is it too expensive? Are people still buying these?

No its priced right maybe even cheap if it's very clean.

They've risen in price and demand the last while. Plenty of dreamer prices alright but still they bottomed out about 2 years ago.

A very clean 3dr in a nice colour can fetch a right good price.

The raft of sh1te that was produced in the 2008 to 2012 era has also really added to the rose tinted glasses effect when looking at how things once were.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭tibia

The raft of sh1te that was produced in the 2008 to 2012 era

Do you mean the Mk6 Golf? Was it really that bad?

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭kil

Sirtoyou wrote: »
    After buying the Yaris Verso posted here a few weeks ago, my Yaris is for sale. Full Valet & Tank of Petrol (about 6 weeks worth) €600 spent prior to NCT in March.

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/toyota-yaris/27989389

Any advert improvement advice welcome.

Take your photos from ground level, the angle makes them look odd. No need for a pic of the roof or engine bay. Looks good otherwise 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 4,499 ✭✭✭An Ri rua

Just picked up, as a backup car, a 2006 P12 Primera 1.6. 80k miles, 2 owners, NCT Sept and tax May.
    Everything works. Including reversing camera. 4 matching good tyres. Lots of recent main dealer service.
    €700. Ah lads, feel like I won the 3 numbers on Boyle sports.
    Score!

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/golf-tdi-2002-highline-130-bhp-nct-march-2022/27991242

MTU1MTdlMjNlNDRiYzAwYTAxNWJmMmYxZGI5NjlhM2V_K6iK4PH9MxPCz1jks7LlaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNzg5NjkxMjl8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

1 lady owner Irish-from-new 130 bhp Highline Golf with NCT til next year and a few days tax, €1400

Is it too expensive? Are people still buying these?
    An unmolested example is so rare, that’s easily worth the asking. They were a great yoke!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,941 ✭✭✭selectamatic

tibia wrote: »
    Do you mean the Mk6 Golf? Was it really that bad?

No more so the many diesel cars on offer during the first few years of the cheap tax era which experience so many reliability issues.

2.0pd tdi head, oil pump and injector problems, bmw n47 timing chain, vauxhall engine and gearbox problems, psa 1.6hdi blowing turbos, Toyota head gasket failure, Honda timing chain and manifold and Mazda in general :pac: etc.

The first 1.6tdi mk6 golfs are a risky enough bet imo too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭26000 Elephants

Tidy looking Nissan Cube with NCT in the right colour for bangernomics money. If the CVT is working ok, this would be a darling. If it was in Munster, I'd be on it....

N2UzODk3YTU0YzNhYmY4NjRkNTViOTFlODRlMjI4NzVohE9kw_EnU0OtLzPI9rYbaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNzc0NTg5NzB8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

colm_mcm wrote: »
    An unmolested example is so rare, that’s easily worth the asking. They were a great yoke!
    Gone!

Didnt get to see the ad.

1.9TDI 130 ?

What year ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭26000 Elephants

0lddog wrote: »
    Gone!

Didnt get to see the ad.

1.9TDI 130 ?

What year ?

2002 I think. Only 3 photos, none of the interior. Over 200k miles though, so it wasnt going to be a minter.

2002 I think. Only 3 photos, none of the interior. Over 200k miles though, so it wasnt going to be a minter.
    Thanks ! :) ( Have something not disimilar in the collection, thus interest )

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,043 ✭✭✭CoBo55

0lddog wrote: »
    Gone!

Didnt get to see the ad.

1.9TDI 130 ?

What year ?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

CoBo55 wrote: »

It was 02, 02-d-27598

• Registered Users Posts: 51,238 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Laguna II here with NCT until next February for €450:

d43864c90df075c94489ddbe4ca5ffe949d5b3df862dfce4e1f23b8b36778302.jpg

https://www.carsireland.ie/2817111

Yeah, it's a gamble but at 450 lids...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭job seeker

It was 02, 02-d-27598

Some young lad will likely sell that on for 2-4k after it is modified. Extremely sought after by people in their early 20's.. Even with 200k miles! no joke!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,043 ✭✭✭CoBo55

job seeker wrote: »
    Some young lad will likely sell that on for 2-4k after it is modified. Extremely sought after by people in their early 20's.. Even with 200k miles! no joke!!

Miles are easily scrubbed.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

Be running into insurance issues at that age,

CoBo55 wrote: »
    Miles are easily scrubbed.

much less would be suspect :D

• Registered Users Posts: 16,036 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Tidy looking Nissan Cube with NCT in the right colour for bangernomics money. If the CVT is working ok, this would be a darling. If it was in Munster, I'd be on it....

N2UzODk3YTU0YzNhYmY4NjRkNTViOTFlODRlMjI4NzVohE9kw_EnU0OtLzPI9rYbaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNzc0NTg5NzB8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

Such a unique stand out car. I see one near me in town every so often. Certainly would not have a problem finding it in the car park.
    bazz26 wrote: »
    Laguna II here with NCT until next February for €450:

d43864c90df075c94489ddbe4ca5ffe949d5b3df862dfce4e1f23b8b36778302.jpg

https://www.carsireland.ie/2817111

Yeah, it's a gamble but at 450 lids...

Beautiful car. If it is still around after all these years then more than likely any problems it has had have been sorted. There were some of that generation too that had mo problems at all and were well made.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,451 ✭✭✭CharlieCroker

That laguna is advertised with 160k km, the NCT cert says 189k km and the car is showing 189k miles.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,372 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

Eyes wide open with cars around that area,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭job seeker

Be running into insurance issues at that age,

Brother is 22 and paid 4k for insurance on one. So it's possible for them to get insured..

• Registered Users Posts: 51,238 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Lads, it's a €450 car with 8 months NCT. Obviously would need to be given the once over by someone who knows what to look out for but at this end of the market if it drives straight, stops, isn't overheating or has any liquids leaking out of it then it's cheap motoring imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭Comment_below

Lads, it's a €450 car with 8 months NCT. Obviously would need to be given the once over by someone who knows what to look out for but at this end of the market if it drives straight, stops, isn't overheating or has any liquids leaking out of it then it's cheap motoring imo.

It's got no Android Auto or Apple play so I'm out!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,452 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

It's got no Android Auto or Apple play so I'm out!

Bonnet is too long too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,372 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

It's a renault so lets not be getting overly excited about the price either.

iwillhtfu wrote: »
    It's a renault so lets not be getting overly excited about the price either.

Renault are more reliable than VW/Audi these days

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Renault are more reliable than VW/Audi these days

Not the Mark 2 version though. They were shocking.

From 2009 then

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Brother is 22 and paid 4k for insurance on one. So it's possible for them to get insured..

For a TDi, that mad. Has he any NCB or is it his first car. As I paid around that if not more on my first and even second car. But I did have a provisional licence though not from failing the test or anything I just drove around with the provisional as you were able to do that back then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭E36Ross

Apparently not when there's 190k miles on that one.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement