Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

BANGERNOMICS (sub2k) of the week/day Part 6

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,881 ✭✭✭terrydel

grogi wrote: »
    I don't understand something...

It was bad when they offered insurance for cheap and made profit on interest only. It is also bad now when they don't offer insurance for cheap and actually started to make money on the product they are selling... So which one is it?

The point is they were never good enough at what they do to make money off their core product, and they've now resulted to creating a cartel to gouge irish citizens as a means of doing so, aided and abetted by a government who refuse to ever interfere in the 'morket' . Both scenarios can be worthy of criticism, they are not mutually exclusive in that regard.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,558 ✭✭✭Hoboo

Nekro Man wrote: »

50 quid cheaper too!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭trixiebust

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭Mad_Mike

ZTQxYTQzMzFlMDY5MWJjZmM4OTllZTZmZGRiMDIyNmKYCcb9YkRhT0UbLlRwOyMXaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xMzI4MDg4Mjd8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

A bit of old school motoring
    00 Citroen Xantia 2.0 HDi
    Tax to the end of this month
    NCT to the end of Jan 2020
    New tyres, timing belt & water pump done recently and service history too according to the ad
    €700

• Registered Users Posts: 3,054 ✭✭✭coolbeans

Be nice, I'd lose the hubcaps though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭gooner99

Nekro Man wrote: »
    https://www.carzone.ie/used-cars/toyota/yaris/fpa/201909102059081

Nice little runner, new tyres and headlights, Taxed 'till Oct 2019 and NCT 'valid 'till Feb'2020.,Parrot Bluetooth kit installed.

I know the owner, takes immaculate care of it.

not a bad shout.

Service history?

gooner99 wrote: »
    Service history?
    Its mentioned on the Carzone ad, but not the Donedeal ad...

Ex Demonstration model when registered in March 2005 with one lady owner since March 2006. Full service history available on request. When you see this car, you'll buy it!

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭BOSTIK

Anyone want to take a punt on this 2009 Peugeot 308 for €1,250, NCT till April 2020.
    Timing belt and water pump just done according to ad.

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/peugeot-308-1-4/23159937

MGZjN2RmZTcyYjJkNzk2M2EwYTlmZDA4YTgwZWNiOGMZE3pGMNPvPulquUNDB3VvaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xMzM5MDcwMzZ8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,451 ✭✭✭Markcheese

BOSTIK wrote: »
    Anyone want to take a punt on this 2009 Peugeot 308 for €1,250, NCT till April 2020.
    Timing belt and water pump just done according to ad.

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/peugeot-308-1-4/23159937

MGZjN2RmZTcyYjJkNzk2M2EwYTlmZDA4YTgwZWNiOGMZE3pGMNPvPulquUNDB3VvaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xMzM5MDcwMzZ8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

That looks like a genuine add,
    What are pugs of that vintage like reliability wise?

Slava ukraini 🇺🇦

• Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭Tacitus Kilgore

Markcheese wrote: »
    That looks like a genuine add,
    What are pugs of that vintage like reliability wise?

AAAAAlright imo, you'd want a fair stock of spare bulbs in one though, had a 207 & a C4 for years (very similar with the 307 too) and they were always fairly decent, never wanted for a whole lot beyond the ordinary.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,472 ✭✭✭dobman88

Hi guys.

The helpful folks here found me a car about 18 months ago and its still going strong.

The missus car died at the weekend and looking at a new engine among other things so not worth fixing.

Based in Ashbourne so somewhere in Meath or North Dublin preferably. Hatchback preferred as she doesnt like bigger cars. Year as new as possible, engine size doesnt really matter. Any help appreciated.

I found this one, does the ad seem legit and is it worth contacting the seller?

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/focus-1-4-brand-new-nct-03-20taxedlow-kms/23157833

dobman88 wrote: »
    Hi guys.

The helpful folks here found me a car about 18 months ago and its still going strong.

The missus car died at the weekend and looking at a new engine among other things so not worth fixing.

Based in Ashbourne so somewhere in Meath or North Dublin preferably. Hatchback preferred as she doesnt like bigger cars. Year as new as possible, engine size doesnt really matter. Any help appreciated.

I found this one, does the ad seem legit and is it worth contacting the seller?

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/focus-1-4-brand-new-nct-03-20taxedlow-kms/23157833

Mileage seems awful low, pictures look like they are taken on the side of the road
    No car registration visible
    Seller has only registered with Donedeal this year
    I'd be skipping it, but then maybe that's just me :)

What is your budget roughly?
    Petrol or diesel, or how much driving?
    What kind of car did she have previously?

Mad_Mike wrote: »
    What is your budget roughly?
    Petrol or diesel, or how much driving?
    What kind of car did she have previously?

Can go up to 2k.
    She prefers diesel, daily commute from Ashbourne to Ballymount. (I've no idea what's better here)
    08 VW Golf. 1.9tdi

I was actually thinking a Golf, but the 2k budget would probably get you a bit older than her previous one
    The 2 litre diesel Volvo S40 is another option and while it isn't a hatchback, it's a tidy size saloon car
    My wife drove one for 2 and a half years and loved it, full leather, good stereo, heated seats, aircon, etc

Nice one here in a dealer in Fairview for €1495, but the NCT is out next month, although our one generally only ever needed tyres for NCT
    If you could get it at that money with another years NCT it wouldn't be a bad bet

YzVlZDU1ZWQyMjdlZTc3NDI2NjAyYjUwNDZhNjVlMzbfB5D01yEZAWkLyNkYXtv0aHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xMzM4MDE3NDJ8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

If you could haggle an NCT into the deal on that S40 it would be a very good shout. Little gouge in the back driver's side door though, not very visible in the photos at first glance. Hardly the end of the world though. Still quite a good looking car.

Cheers lads..sent that onto her

• Registered Users Posts: 51,220 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

The advert description says the NCT is valid until Nov 2020.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

Right you are Bazz, its actually tested till the end of November 2020.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

delly wrote: »
    Well spotted. The drivers door view confirms it.

489978.jpg

The Volvo was up earlier in September and someone pointed out that both doors had some damage. Fair enough if you know it, but the hiding of it in the pics is what would frustrate me.

• Advertisement

bazz26 wrote: »
    The advert description says the NCT is valid until Nov 2020.
    That'll teach me to not just read the title! :D:D
    Good spot

Mightn't be a terrible purchase if you dont mind that though. Spec looks good, otherwise tidy, lots of test and a bit of tax, low owners. Mileage is a little on the high side but looks like there's a decent service history in the drivers door jamb.

Hmmm. Just went back to when this was discussed last month and see Toyotafanboi's response and makes me wonder. Mileage on the high side?

Dunno what it had listed last month, but 143k miles wouldn't seem too high for a 07, so I'm curious now if it was listed higher before, or if myself and Toyotafanboi have different opinions on what would be high mileage? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭lintdrummer

Saab 9-3 Linear €950

Just plugging my sister's car. Was mine before I sold it to her, it's immaculate and needs nothing. NCT to February.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,346 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Saab 9-3 Linear €950

Just plugging my sister's car. Was mine before I sold it to her, it's immaculate and needs nothing. NCT to February.

I'd love to sit back into a 9-3

Was that tax expiry a typo?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭lintdrummer

lawred2 wrote: »
    I'd love to sit back into a 9-3

Was that tax expiry a typo?

All I can say is it hasn't been sitting up, but the tax is probably not a typo, it's expired.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭This is it

Miss my Saab :(

• Registered Users Posts: 24,346 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

This is it wrote: »
    Miss my Saab :(

So do I. So do I.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,362 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

Mad_Mike wrote: »
    A bit of old school motoring
    00 Citroen Xantia 2.0 HDi
    Tax to the end of this month
    NCT to the end of Jan 2020
    New tyres, timing belt & water pump done recently and service history too according to the ad
    €700

ohh always liked those, mate had an activa (active supsension) one as a company car - amazing drive.

you do need to find somewhere that does reconditioned suspension spheres though

there was a 3.0 v6 as well in europe now that would be a car to have

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

ohh always liked those, mate had an activa (active supsension) one as a company car - amazing drive.

you do need to find somewhere that does reconditioned suspension spheres though

there was a 3.0 v6 as well in europe now that would be a car to have

Was that the one used in film Ronin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,095 ✭✭✭johndaman66

Was that the one used in film Ronin

I thought it was a Peugeot 406?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement