Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

BANGERNOMICS (sub2k) of the week/day Part 6

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭Mad_Mike

CoBo55 wrote: »
    Twelve hundred clams is a bit scaldy.

If you got it for a grand you'd be flying, but even at 1200, it's below the average price for a 06

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/05-vw-passat-highline1-9-tdi-new-nct/23192920

ODYyMjliYzk0MjRiMzRhM2EyMTQwODMxMWViZmNjYTByv4QxpFBl9nJoyMmVhRNuaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xMzQxNTYzNjF8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

Clean looking highline Passat, NCT till August 2020, reasonable miles, €1250

Be a nice buy at a grand-ish

After having 5 Passats in a row, this one looks well minded, mileage is low for a 05 too, and it's well specced. A grand is probably what it will make alright. I struggled hard to get a grand for my 06 B6 model recently

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭TychoCaine

terrydel wrote: »
    Theyd be done for false advertising if they werent.

They advertise themselves as a German brand. That's factually correct. The Opel brand originated in Germany. The cars on the other hand....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,095 ✭✭✭johndaman66

TychoCaine wrote: »
    They advertise themselves as a German brand. That's factually correct. The Opel brand originated in Germany. The cars on the other hand....
    I had a 1996 VW Polo for a spell which you might assume is German but as it turned out all the stamped parts on it I seen were made on Spain. Build quality wasn't its strong suit anyway.

This looks a genuine ad
    https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/2006-honda-civic-1-4-petrol-new-nct-11-20/23220983
    2006 Civic 1.3 litre 5dr hatchback
    129k miles;
    NCT 11/20
    Cheap motor tax and should be insurance friendly enough for most people
    Asking €1,250

• Registered Users Posts: 8,433 ✭✭✭jmreire

I had a 1996 VW Polo for a spell which you might assume is German but as it turned out all the stamped parts on it I seen were made on Spain. Build quality wasn't its strong suit anyway.

This looks a genuine ad
    https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/2006-honda-civic-1-4-petrol-new-nct-11-20/23220983
    129k miles;
    NCT 11/20
    Asking €1,250

Yes all the stamped part's had Spain written on them, but it's where they were actually assembled is regarded as the Country of Origin..I was in the Renault truck factory in France, and at the back of the factory were containers of parts from all over the world, but the Truck which rolled of the production line at the other end, was a French built Renault Truck.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭rugbyman

Chaps
    I have wandered in and out of this site for years.am a def bangernomic fan,having had five years out of a 1000 euro matiz,5 more froma 700 starlet and four out of a 2300 Vectra

the purpose of tonights typing is to settle a small argument.
    my friend has the cleanest A6 petrol, 2006, sub 70 000 miles fsh (indys) new timing belt, new tyres and battery.

How much is it worth?

rugbyman wrote: »
    Chaps
    I have wandered in and out of this site for years.am a def bangernomic fan,having had five years out of a 1000 euro matiz,5 more froma 700 starlet and four out of a 2300 Vectra

the purpose of tonights typing is to settle a small argument.
    my friend has the cleanest A6 petrol, 2006, sub 70 000 miles fsh (indys) new timing belt, new tyres and battery.

How much is it worth?

Bottom line is that its worth what a prospective buyer is prepared to pay for it. But if you want to have a ball park figure, go into www.carsireland.ie and enter search detail's that match the car you speak about, and see what that yields.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭rugbyman

thank you, not a lot of info there ,only one 06, several 07 all high mileage compared to this one

With the right buyer, and if it's as good as you say, I'd imagine it should make around €1600-1750, although I'd be listing higher, maybe 1900/2000

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭bear1

Christ lads could we give it a rest with the whole Opel thing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭TommyGun2017

2006 Suzuki Swift with NCT to Sept 20 and 6 months tax, asking €500

https://www.donedeal.ie/view/23232766

Nothing to look at, mind

• Registered Users Posts: 73,447 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Seller of the Swift was a minor media celebrity for a few minutes.

2006 Suzuki Swift with NCT to Sept 20 and 6 months tax, asking €500

https://www.donedeal.ie/view/23232766

Nothing to look at, mind

So essentially the car is free?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,881 ✭✭✭terrydel

Mad_Mike wrote: »
    YTIxZGU1NmRiMDQ3YTk4YjYwZGY5MDdlMmRkOWNmZjlcKZvYf6aDWjfHs0OQujQUaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xMzQzMTQ3MDl8fHwxMjAweDEyMDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

God there's lots of them up today
    2006 Skoda Superb diesel
    Big mileage on this one 358k kms
    NCT until January 2020
    Not sure if that drivers side headlight will need sorting for next NCT. Looks like it could be letting in water
    €699

Looks like something is living in that headlight.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

If that Swift starts, goes and stops it’s an absolute bargain.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,993 ✭✭✭CoBo55

Certainly better value than that 1200 Corolla

This looks a genuine ad
    129k miles;
    NCT 11/20
    Asking €1,250

Genuine, like the other 11 he has posted :P

It must have done all three, as its gone already.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Baggly wrote: »
    So checking in after a long while.

The 08 407 sw i bought here off another boardsie (Laurpat) is running very well. Beyond refreshing the air con in it at the first sign of hot weather last month (which a friend was able to do), it hasn't needed any work. Its going in for a service this week to keep it ticking over.

It came to me in such good condition that i've been giving it extra TLC inside and out over my previous 407.

And also we are due to hit a milestone in terms of kms - took this earlier this morning as i pulled up to work. It will tick over the 100K mark during lunch i should imagine.

480745.JPG

So all in all, still delighted with the car!

Well lads. Checking in again. 10.5 months on from date of purchase and just hit 110K kms. Going very well. I know Peugeots get a bad rap sometimes, but this one suits me down to the ground and hasnt given a bother. NCT coming up in December, so we will see how she fares for that.

• Advertisement

bear1 wrote: »

Rotary engine......I'll pass but thanks all the same:cool::cool::cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭26000 Elephants

jmreire wrote: »
    Rotary engine......I'll pass but thanks all the same:cool::cool::cool:

For a grand? I would be sorely tempted!

Could be worth a punt, if the engine blows then sell it for parts.
    Insurance I'd say would be the biggest worry.

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭curiousb

I thought I could hear a little rattle off of it.
    Cheers for the write up cause it gives me a clue what was happening since the last of the service history.
    You took good care of it :)
    Incidentally do you know when the belt and pump were last changed?

They weren't changed during my ownership, and I think I got it at approx 270k. No idea when they were done before that, sorry!

Could be worth a punt, if the engine blows then sell it for parts.
    Insurance I'd say would be the biggest worry.

It wont blow, but will become increasingly difficult to start when warm.

It will need a rebuild then, but it's no longer bangernomics.

It wont blow, but will become increasingly difficult to start when warm.

It will need a rebuild then, but it's no longer bangernomics.

Still think it may be worth the risk, could get it sub 1k.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,154 ✭✭✭jharr100

Baggly wrote: »
    Well lads. Checking in again. 10.5 months on from date of purchase and just hit 110K kms. Going very well. I know Peugeots get a bad rap sometimes, but this one suits me down to the ground and hasnt given a bother. NCT coming up in December, so we will see how she fares for that.

Good post, Baggly. Very nice to hear from posters who have bought a car selected from Bangernomic's, and to see how it worked out for them.:D May it continue to give you good service.

Still think it may be worth the risk, could get it sub 1k.

Agreed, It's a 'bucket list' car. Especially at that price

Not a wise choice for bangernomics though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

Agreed, It's a 'bucket list' car. Especially at that price

Not a wise choice for bangernomics though.

https://youtu.be/FDJ6tUShkqA

Car throttle did a thing on the rx8 not that long along.

They managed to hyper mile it to 402 odd miles on a full tank as well.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement