Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

BANGERNOMICS (sub2k) of the week/day Part 6

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,447 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

BOSTIK wrote: »
    This is only a chap compared to the Sunny. Asking €1,500. NCT till May 2020, only 66,000 miles. Change of ownership only 3 weeks ago though.

https://www.donedeal.ie/vintagecars-for-sale/ford-fiesta-tax-nct-3-20-low-miles-2-owner/23624200

MDUyMWI5YTlmYWE4ZmU2OGE4YzQzZWZkZmQ1Nzk5ZDcLnWVyEjJPo-ElypBzQKhvaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xMzczOTE1NDl8fHwxMjAweDEyMDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

I’d say it was off the road. It’s taxed for three months just to sell it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭Mad_Mike

God, the Fiesta photos have been re-quoted 3 times already!

Somebody is gonna have a meltdown :p

• Registered Users Posts: 9,614 ✭✭✭ba_barabus

Mad_Mike wrote: »
    Somebody is gonna have a meltdown :p
    In fairness it HURTS MY EYES

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

The bumper, lights and grill don't line up. I don't remember the gaps being that bad. Didn't think it got colour coded bumpers until later, but I could be wrong.

That's a Ford...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,077 ✭✭✭W123-80's

'94 W124 E200
    NCT June '20
    Auto
    LPG
    Nice bit of flash that wont depreciate too much if its genuine.
    Asking €1,950

https://www.donedeal.ie/vintagecars-for-sale/1994-mercedes-w124-e200/23604241

• Advertisement

Keeping on the retro theme..

'94 Audi 80 diesel
    NCT March '20

Not much info on the advert, hard determine if its genuine or a total dud.
    It qualifies though, pending further information!

Asking €1,200

https://www.donedeal.ie/vintagecars-for-sale/audi-80/23517656

• Registered Users Posts: 65,317 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

W123-80's wrote: »
    '94 W124 E200
    NCT June '20
    Auto
    LPG
    Asking €1,950

That Mercedes is very nice. He'll accept offers. Get it for a good price and it should go up in value a bit too once it hits vintage in 5 years time.

I had one of those Audi 80s in the very late 90s... to this day still the most boat like handling I’ve ever experienced...and I’ve driven actual boats.

unkel wrote: »
    That Mercedes is very nice. He'll accept offers. Get it for a good price and it should go up in value a bit too once it hits vintage in 5 years time.

Wish I was in a position to buy. It looks lovely.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

That W124 belongs to a guy who posts here on boards, I’m sure he posted a few pics of it a few weeks ago

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭I Was VB

That W124 belongs to a guy who posts here on boards, I’m sure he posted a few pics of it a few weeks ago

You’d make a good detective, yeah it’s my car.
    It’s a nice useable example of a W124 only selling it because I’ve my eye on a GS300.

Had a few callers on it but no one has come to view it yet.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,583 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

bear1 wrote: »
    Yeah that's the one I had.
    Both in the 156 and the 159.
    159 was a q4 which is pretty rare and had the egr blanked and mapped.
    Pushed around 250bhp if I remember correctly and it went quite well.
    Pity it wasn't an automatic but it was a lovely cruiser
    The back passengers had literally no room but I didn't give a toss and it was very reasonable on juice.
    Lovely sound from it.

That would be this then?
    Outside Bangernomics territory though, £3,650....

NDU4MWYwY2Q2Mjc1ODExODFkNGI3YTQ0MmFiZTMwZWOVzpx7DXsz0hx6LZ2Np1V8aHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xMzQyODk5OTZ8fHwxMjAweDEyMDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    That would be this then?

NDU4MWYwY2Q2Mjc1ODExODFkNGI3YTQ0MmFiZTMwZWOVzpx7DXsz0hx6LZ2Np1V8aHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xMzQyODk5OTZ8fHwxMjAweDEyMDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

God, that's beautiful.

Wouldn't be a fan of the alloys though, anyone recognise the tyre brand?

Those seats ❤❤

• Registered Users Posts: 18,925 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

'94 W124 E200
    NCT June '20
    Auto
    LPG
    Asking €1,950

That's lovely.

Why can't the stars align so I can pick up one of these gems when they land. Ha.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,583 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

God, that's beautiful.

Wouldn't be a fan of the alloys though, anyone recognise the tyre brand?

Those seats ❤❤

The tyres are some Chinese company, but "engineered in Australia" apparently.
    Budget tyres with performance ambitions I suppose.
    Coming to a Tyreland near you!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,881 ✭✭✭terrydel

Howya buddies!
    Doing a good job hiding the reg too.

Found a couple of reviews, 1 saying they're deadly, and last for ages (a taxi driver), and another saying they're **** in the wet (which we get a lot of), ok in Australian summers (which we don't), and atrocious if there's debris on the road, like leaves and muck (which I'm fairly certain is what the council around here has designated an appropriate material for surfacing roads with). They're hard plastic circles, and you'd ditch that yoke 5 minutes after you sat in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭26000 Elephants

'94 W124 E200

Asking €1,950

Thats lovely.

Look after it, and it should be worth over €5k in 4 years. ;)

Pity that Alfa isn’t the estate version, it’d be perfect!

Mind you looking at some YouTube videos it’s not a terribly quick car considering it’s a 3.2. Sounds lovely though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭Andrewf20

BOSTIK wrote: »
    This is only a chap compared to the Sunny. Asking €1,500. NCT till May 2020, only 66,000 miles. Change of ownership only 3 weeks ago though.

https://www.donedeal.ie/vintagecars-for-sale/ford-fiesta-tax-nct-3-20-low-miles-2-owner/23624200

MDUyMWI5YTlmYWE4ZmU2OGE4YzQzZWZkZmQ1Nzk5ZDcLnWVyEjJPo-ElypBzQKhvaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xMzczOTE1NDl8fHwxMjAweDEyMDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

The most fun / best handling car I've ever driven and under a ton. I think the 1.3 is an 8 valver and isn't as pokey at the 16v 1.25 engine.

• Advertisement

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/alfa-159-2008-13-months-nct/23620545

ZWVkYzA4ZTg3NzhhNTg2ODdiMDc0ZTYwMDQxNDE0MzUSb5375orvLoslknuVOAe_aHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xMzczNjk1NDB8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

Cheap tax 159 diesel with a years test, €1750

I think its a little bit expensive, because these can be had for buttons now, but this looks a nice example and if the recon gearbox checks out I'd say it could be worth a punt. It needs to be 1500 though

Thanks to you Duke, Mrs Mad is sitting here grinning ear to ear.
    Back in an Alfa again after a gap of about 10 years!!!!!!!!!!!
    Well spotted!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

Nice one, best of luck with it!

Well spotted!

Booo, I was lined up to see it after you.

Best of luck with it, hope it sees you well.

😠

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭bear1

That would be this then?

I had the estate with black outside including the same alloys but black and red leather.
    Plus mine was the 2.4

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,881 ✭✭✭terrydel

Well spotted!

Fair play, she's a beaut. Many happy miles.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Jericho Soldier

Mad Mike, Can I ask you what you paid? And what did you look out for before buying? Thanks

Thanks everyone. Fingers crossed. She has been threatening a return to Alfa for a while now, as we had lots of them up until 2009 and tried various other cars in the meantime.

@Jericho Soldier She more or less paid asking price. Think she ended up dealing for maybe 1700.
    She had a Volvo 2.0D for over 2 and a half years until May this year and tried a Saab 9-3 petrol, despite having driven diesels for the last decade or so. Loved the Saab, but very quickly regretted going for petrol, so sold the petrol and got a 9-3 diesel back in August, and lo and behold, about 5 weeks later, while I was driving, we were rear-ended by a guy who wanted to do it all through insurance.

After much messing about with insurance companies and the other driver, his insurance company eventually settled last week. The car was declared too too expensive to repair, so they settled and sold the car as salvage, so she wanted something around 08 (same age as the Saab diesel) with a diesel engine and we had looked at a few cars, but they just didn't tick all boxes. Almost bought a 159 about 4 weeks ago for 300 quid less, but the minute we drove it, the M32 gearbox whine was dreadful. Timing belt would have been due in next 6 months, and it was fabric interior also, even though she prefers leather.

Then Duke put this one up and we rang the guy and immediately he gave every single detail about the car, wasn't far from us, and also told her if she ever needs any help, or parts, or work done etc, he works on Alfas all the time, and will be more than happy to help out. Went to view it last night, and she wanted to haggle more, but also didn't want to walk away, so ended up taking it there and then.

I think it was a combo of the same engine as the Saab (150bhp 1.9 diesel), cream leather, gearbox sorted recently, timing belt and water pump just done, turbo replaced, NCT for 13 months, new wishbones (not a rattle out of it) and 4 new tyres. It was very hard to leave there for that money and she is thrilled with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Jericho Soldier

Many thanks for reply and happy motoring.........! Im at little inexperienced at inspections
    and Im looking at one at the mo. Would you fancy having a look at it for me (with me)?
    Thanks everyone. Fingers crossed. She has been threatening a return to Alfa for a while now, as we had lots of them up until 2009 and tried various other cars in the meantime.

@Jericho Soldier She more or less paid asking price. Think she ended up dealing for maybe 1700.
    She had a Volvo 2.0D for over 2 and a half years until May this year and tried a Saab 9-3 petrol, despite having driven diesels for the last decade or so. Loved the Saab, but very quickly regretted going for petrol, so sold the petrol and got a 9-3 diesel back in August, and lo and behold, about 5 weeks later, while I was driving, we were rear-ended by a guy who wanted to do it all through insurance.

After much messing about with insurance companies and the other driver, his insurance company eventually settled last week. The car was declared too too expensive to repair, so they settled and sold the car as salvage, so she wanted something around 08 (same age as the Saab diesel) with a diesel engine and we had looked at a few cars, but they just didn't tick all boxes. Almost bought a 159 about 4 weeks ago for 300 quid less, but the minute we drove it, the M32 gearbox whine was dreadful. Timing belt would have been due in next 6 months, and it was fabric interior also, even though she prefers leather.

Then Duke put this one up and we rang the guy and immediately he gave every single detail about the car, wasn't far from us, and also told her if she ever needs any help, or parts, or work done etc, he works on Alfas all the time, and will be more than happy to help out. Went to view it last night, and she wanted to haggle more, but also didn't want to walk away, so ended up taking it there and then.

I think it was a combo of the same engine as the Saab (150bhp 1.9 diesel), cream leather, gearbox sorted recently, timing belt and water pump just done, turbo replaced, NCT for 13 months, new wishbones (not a rattle out of it) and 4 new tyres. It was very hard to leave there for that money and she is thrilled with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,347 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Gutted I didn't beat her to it now after reading that. I had a 9-3 diesel with that engine and absolutely loved it.

Well wear

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,154 ✭✭✭jharr100

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement