Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

BANGERNOMICS (sub2k) of the week/day Part 6

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭rn

Those protons are a blast from the past. The adds are another example of mirror image of one another. I'd say if he's be trading both on Friday!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,066 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

rn wrote: »
    Those protons are a blast from the past. The adds are another example of mirror image of one another. I'd say if he's be trading both on Friday!

Sure look at their regs.

I'd say he thought he was onto a winner bringing them over.

I have to say, I like the blue one.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

Sure look at their regs.

I'd say he thought he was onto a winner bringing them over.

I have to say, I like the blue one.

They both look very clean and in good nick...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭TheW1zard

I had one of those mercs, sold it last year (07 sport 60k) for 3G.
    The petrol bill was huge, crappy gearbox that always had it in high revs.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,394 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

TheW1zard wrote: »
    I had one of those mercs, sold it last year (07 sport 60k) for 3G.
    The petrol bill was huge

You sound surprised?

What do you think a supercharger does? I'll give you the answer: use as much petrol as it possibly can to give you a reasonable bit of performance for such a small engine ;)

If you do 30k km per year, it probably wouldn't be the best choice of engine financially. Although if you did and you planned to keep it for years, running it on LPG might still make it cheaper to run than diesel.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,049 ✭✭✭CoBo55

unkel wrote: »
    You sound surprised?

What do you think a supercharger does? I'll give you the answer: use as much petrol as it possibly can to give you a reasonable bit of performance for such a small engine ;)

If you do 30k km per year, it probably wouldn't be the best choice of engine financially. Although if you did and you planned to keep it for years, running it on LPG might still make it cheaper to run than diesel.

LPG with a supercharger is asking for trouble.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,047 ✭✭✭Truckermal

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/renault-megane/23656866

NTkyZTE1ZGRjYTJjNjg0NzQ5NTFmYmNjNDgwOGIzZjfkvEJu78E9ZsqUjz2glBK0aHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xMzc2Mzg0MzR8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

Cheap tax, diesel, respectable looking, NCT til May 2020, €1850

Fine looking car for the money. We're starting to see a few of these creep into bangernomics circles

What are these like I'd buy that but I'm not around for a while, are they reliable?

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Yep. As modern diesels go, it’s one of the better engines. Plus you don’t get the electrical gremlins you’d normally associate with older models.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭duffman3833

the megane coupe is gone already

• Registered Users Posts: 9,616 ✭✭✭ba_barabus

Truckermal wrote: »
    What are these like I'd buy that but I'm not around for a while, are they reliable?

Yep they're great. We had a dynamic one and I really liked it. It never gave an ounce of trouble. 1.5DCi engines are very good and efficient. I'd have another.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,463 ✭✭✭Markcheese

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/citroen-c5-1-6-diesel-low-tax-low-millage/23642023

That seems a little of car for the cash ,pity it's a 1.6

Slava ukraini 🇺🇦

• Registered Users Posts: 2,937 ✭✭✭SmartinMartin

Those protons are great little cars. The blue one with tiny mileage will last you a lifetime.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,451 ✭✭✭CharlieCroker

Have a look at the amount of Fluences around the city working as taxis. I know they were cheap but they must be somewhat reliable

• Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭26000 Elephants

Those protons are great little cars. The blue one with tiny mileage will last you a lifetime.

The trick with Protons is the following:

"A proton? What the feck are they?"
    You - "do you know Lotus?"
    "Ehh, yeah.."
    You - "Same crowd really"

Then run.

All joking aside, 35k miles for a grand and looks tidy as well. You could do worse. And you have to love those high backs in the front. ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,454 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

The seller of those two Protons is "twobagstommy"...

He's either a coal man or a drug dealer.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,937 ✭✭✭SmartinMartin

Would it be better if he was twoprostommy? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭Interslice

• Registered Users Posts: 3,941 ✭✭✭selectamatic

The seller of those two Protons is "twobagstommy"...

He's either a coal man or a drug dealer.

He mustn't be much good at dealing in either if his car of choice is a proton.

The VRT would have been €600 on those Protons. I can’t see how they might be sold for profit.

I would say theres a genuine reason for these coming up for sale. They only seem to be in the country since September. My theory is a couple who had one each moved to Ireland and are ordering 2020 cars.
    Wonder if there was a VRT exemption.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭Top Dog

colm_mcm wrote: »
    I would say theres a genuine reason for these coming up for sale. They only seem to be in the country since September. My theory is a couple who had one each moved to Ireland and are ordering 2020 cars.
    Wonder if there was a VRT exemption.
    Isn't there a condition on the exemption where you're not allowed to sell the car without penalty within 6 months of importing it?

• Advertisement

Top Dog wrote: »
    Isn't there a condition on the exemption where you're not allowed to sell the car without penalty within 6 months of importing it?
    12 months

• Registered Users Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭W123-80's

'95 Mondeo Mk1
    2.0 Petrol
    143k miles
    Service History
    NCT July '20

Yes please!

Asking €999

https://www.donedeal.ie/vintagecars-for-sale/ford-mondeo-mk1-nct-07-2020-2-0-dohc-16v-136bhp/23335308

• Registered Users Posts: 19,066 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

W123-80's wrote: »
    '95 Mondeo Mk1
    2.0 Petrol
    143k miles
    Service History
    NCT July '20

Yes please!

Asking €999

https://www.donedeal.ie/vintagecars-for-sale/ford-mondeo-mk1-nct-07-2020-2-0-dohc-16v-136bhp/23335308

I could swear that that was on here before

I could swear that that was on here before

Thought so too I had a 93 Ghia 1.8 back in 1998 and that was some Car back then.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,941 ✭✭✭selectamatic

It's been posted about a few times in a few different threads. I think it started at about €2k

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭jucko

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/audi-a6/23657030

local manager returning to India. This is his motor.
    FSH, its 8000 miles to next service but it was due (timewise) last august. New clutch. 1000 miles since NCT.

Becker stereo. Beautiful car. I have dealings with the factory and bought this off him, as he wanted rid handy and to do a favour.

not one viewer!!
    A folder full of receipts.
    3 new tyres, may need one in a bit.
    First 800 takes it.
    I have a mk3 GTI that i bought a month ago, that needs work, so i really have no use for this

• Registered Users Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

It's been posted about a few times in a few different threads. I think it started at about €2k

It started at 3.5k, months ago!

jucko wrote: »
    https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/audi-a6/23657030

local manager returning to India. This is his motor.
    FSH, its 8000 miles to next service but it was due (timewise) last august. New clutch. 1000 miles since NCT.

Becker stereo. Beautiful car. I have dealings with the factory and bought this off him, as he wanted rid handy and to do a favour.

not one viewer!!
    A folder full of receipts.
    3 new tyres, may need one in a bit.
    First 800 takes it.
    I have a mk3 GTI that i bought a month ago, that needs work, so i really have no use for this

You could take better pictures for a start and look at the cut of the back seat...

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭jucko

You could take better pictures for a start and look at the cut of the back seat...

i know .. i know.. my bad :)
    i'll let the new owner sort that out, €25 minivalet

• Advertisement

jucko wrote: »
    i know .. i know.. my bad :)
    i'll let the new owner sort that out, €25 minivalet

Straight looking car though I'd buy it off ya if you were nearer to Cork!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement