Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

BANGERNOMICS (sub2k) of the week/day Part 6

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,077 ✭✭✭W123-80's

'03 Rav 4
    NCT Jan '21
    149k miles
    Looks like a straight car.
    I like them.

Asking €1,500

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/2003-toyota-rav-4-d4d/23743260

• Registered Users Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/toyota-corolla/23740485

ZDI0M2NlNTQzNTExZWU5YjcyMTVmMTBhOTViNGJjMTduG_B3O2a2WWW96ORy29O-aHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xMzgyODg5OTN8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

NCT til July 2020, tax til February 2020, longterm owner - €450

Can't go wrong at that money!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭Interslice

Interslice wrote: »

I love that, wouldn’t mind one of these or a Lupo to run around in for a while.

170k is impressive. Looks very good considering

• Registered Users Posts: 17,442 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Interslice wrote: »

Page 108 of this thread still has the 900 euro one with 30k on the clock since new.

https://www.carsireland.ie/detail.ph...3D1000%26g%3D6

Fairly hard to shift those cars nowadays.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭Mad_Mike

Page 108 of this thread still has the 900 euro one with 30k on the clock since new.

https://www.carsireland.ie/detail.ph...3D1000%26g%3D6

Fairly hard to shift those cars nowadays.

Link isn't working for some reason, so just adding it again here

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

Jeez that's a handy little thing for driving too and from the train station or scooting around town. If the insurance on those was reasonable I'd seriously consider it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭crasy dash

I love that, wouldn’t mind one of these or a Lupo to run around in for a while.

170k is impressive. Looks very good considering

Had a loan of one for two weeks when I crashed my car couldn't really fault it your not going anywhere fast and might lack mod cons etc but I only had to put a tenner into it the yoke would run on fumes.

Cheap and practical for someone who needs cheap transport.

So, just a wee Bangernomics update...

Back in August, @RiseToMe was getting rid of his Audi A4 Avant, and I picked it up that night with 243,994 miles on it

audioriginalmileage.jpg

Had a few bits and pieces sorted over the last few months...

Car would not heat above 50 or 60 on gauge and no heat (Fit thermostat and coolant sensor)
    ABS/Traction light would come on every now and again (turned out to be a faulty brake light switch)
    Replaced sticking front brake caliper and fit new pads
    Fitted new serpentine belt, alternator pulley/tensioner etc

The NCT was good until March 2020, but after sorting all the bits, and with it turning quarter of a million miles yesterday, I had booked to put it through the NCT today.

Even though it was freezing out this morning, I found a working car wash, quick wash down, up to the NCT centre and it sailed right through again with another 15 months NCT now on the car!

audiquartermillion.jpg

Bangernomics FTW! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 24,346 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Mad_Mike wrote: »
    So, just a wee Bangernomics update...

Back in August, @RiseToMe was getting rid of his Audi A4 Avant, and I picked it up that night with 243,994 miles on it

audioriginalmileage.jpg

Had a few bits and pieces sorted over the last few months...

Car would not heat above 50 or 60 on gauge and no heat (Fit thermostat and coolant sensor)
    ABS/Traction light would come on every now and again (turned out to be a faulty brake light switch)
    Replaced sticking front brake caliper and fit new pads
    Fitted new serpentine belt, alternator pulley/tensioner etc

The NCT was good until March 2020, but after sorting all the bits, and with it turning quarter of a million miles yesterday, I had booked to put it through the NCT today.

Even though it was freezing out this morning, I found a working car wash, quick wash down, up to the NCT centre and it sailed right through again with another 15 months NCT now on the car!

audiquartermillion.jpg

Bangernomics FTW! :D

that car looks smashing

• Advertisement

lawred2 wrote: »
    that car looks smashing
    Cheers. For a car about to turn 16, it certainly gets plenty of comments alright ;)

Nice one! Do I remember that car being automatic?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Have to say always loved driving them....

Was going to have one when I was 20 but honestly nobody would insure on 130bhp

Nice one! Do I remember that car being automatic?

That's correct alright
    It has the multitronic (CVT) box, which is the only thing that makes me nervous of it! :eek:
    It seems it was rebuilt at around 220,000 miles, but we never could track down the receipt/invoice for that.
    Have been speaking to a few guys who deal in CVT boxes, and plan to do a transmission fluid change in the next few weeks just to give it every chance to stay working well

Have to say always loved driving them....

Was going to have one when I was 20 but honestly nobody would insure on 130bhp

It's a pleasure to drive alright. Have drove a LOT of cars over the years, and between the leather sports sets, and CVT transmission etc, it's a very nice place to clock up miles effortlessly

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/toyota-yaris-2005-1-0-nct11-20-tax2-2032klms/23766225

YWUxZTQ4ZTEwZGMwNGQwNTNlNTQ4MDFmMzQ3OTBlNGRGGY6FHYckHbJ5wf0lGencaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xMzg0NzA3MTN8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

NCT til November 2020, tax til February 2020, 19k miles (32k km for those of us in the 21st century), €2k

Is it too expensive? The arse has kinda fallen out of them in recent times

• Registered Users Posts: 24,346 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/toyota-yaris-2005-1-0-nct11-20-tax2-2032klms/23766225

YWUxZTQ4ZTEwZGMwNGQwNTNlNTQ4MDFmMzQ3OTBlNGRGGY6FHYckHbJ5wf0lGencaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xMzg0NzA3MTN8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

NCT til November 2020, tax til February 2020, 19k miles (32k km for those of us in the 21st century), €2k

back to earth after that lovely A4 avant

Probably pricy alright, they have started to drop recently like you said, but it really is a prime example of a well minded low mileage one!

• Registered Users Posts: 73,447 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

It’s a bit on the high side, I’d expect an average mileage one to be 1600ish. I’d certainly pay the bit more for that mileage once it was mechanically Ok . I can see the mileage selling it, plus it’s a decent spec level relatively speaking.

It’s a nicer car than the newer model 3 cylinder.

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/volvo-xc90-7-seats/23736787

YzYwYmRiNWM0N2VmZjRiMmVmNWUwNjk2MmY3NDkyM2FNnToQZsrExe9q6DHTJlpMaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xMzgyNTgzNzd8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

NCT til November 2020, 1 previous owner, alleged full history - €1100

Ad seems very genuine. If the recent work can all be verified this could prove a very good buy. You could throw 6 months tax on it and still be within bangernomics parameters

• Advertisement

colm_mcm wrote: »
    It’s a bit on the high side, I’d expect an average mileage one to be 1600ish. I’d certainly pay the bit more for that mileage once it was mechanically Ok . I can see the mileage selling it, plus it’s a decent spec level relatively speaking.

It’s a nicer car than the newer model 3 cylinder.

I got €750 recently for an 03 Luna with 32k miles, taxed and tested til March. It was a bit rough too!

The phone was very quiet, only 1 call - but it was gone by the end of day. I don't think there is much of a market at all for them, however nice. I think most people just see them as too old now.

The oddly named IS200 “Chenille” spec.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,451 ✭✭✭CharlieCroker

colm_mcm wrote: »
    The oddly named IS200 “Chenille” spec.

Chenille was the base spec iirc?

Yep.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

Nice looking Evenless. I'd say it's a €250 car.

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/toyota-avensis/23747571

• Registered Users Posts: 2,077 ✭✭✭W123-80's

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/volvo-xc90-7-seats/23736787

YzYwYmRiNWM0N2VmZjRiMmVmNWUwNjk2MmY3NDkyM2FNnToQZsrExe9q6DHTJlpMaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xMzgyNTgzNzd8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

NCT til November 2020, 1 previous owner, alleged full history - €1100

Ad seems very genuine. If the recent work can all be verified this could prove a very good buy. You could throw 6 months tax on it and still be within bangernomics parameters

What are they like?
    I'm beginning to feel the itch..
    Probably won't change until the new year.. but I'm considering it!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

So, was finally able to get a picture of Fester in day light, after giving him a good run around.

It's an English import, with AC (that works), radio stalk, get me home lights, belt and pump done, and 4 new (cheap) tyres.

Doesn't look like a 199k miler, and doesn't drive like one either. Ride is a little hard over speed bumps at the front (if anyone has any suggestions, it's be more than appreciated), but other than that, 950 bills well spent I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,451 ✭✭✭CharlieCroker

So, was finally able to get a picture of Fester in day light, after giving him a good run around.

It's an English import, with AC (that works), radio stalk, get me home lights, belt and pump done, and 4 new (cheap) tyres.

Doesn't look like a 199k miler, and doesn't drive like one either. Ride is a little hard over speed bumps at the front (if anyone has any suggestions, it's be more than appreciated), but other than that, 950 bills well spent I think.

The 17" wheels probably don't help. You'd pick up a pair of 16" "steel" spec ones for half nothing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭Peter T

OWRiNDYyZWRkNzVjZTVjNGQzOTU5NmMzZWJlZGM3YjmJlss0D_-9kjzeUExODZPdaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xMzg0ODI3NzR8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

His head will be wrecked from lads trying to get their hands on it for the christmas slab days :o

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement