Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

BANGERNOMICS (sub2k) of the week/day Part 6

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,060 ✭✭✭Sexual Chocolate

YjI3NmQ0NWE1NjdkNDE3YjlmNzhmMDVkZjA0NDRjOWRC5Bf3H_wp4XmcJRMSaZPaaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xMjk0NDQ0MzJ8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/corolla-2006-new-nct-5-20-82-k-mil-only/22552143

NCT 04/20
    82k miles
    Plain as **** but quite clean and will go forever.

€1250

• Registered Users Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭pah

lawred2 wrote: »
    Nice car. Owner has omitted the tax

€1034 p.a assume it's not taxed. Anyone considering this have a look at the wear on the alloys. I've an is250 with the alloys flaking at the edges - my front left tyre needs air every 4-5 days due to pressure loss.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭Mad_Mike

OTMzNThmODRmNmVjOTM2OTEwMmMzOGJlZDg0NjM5ODQH95T2WTLSxK-cRIRfYsn_aHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xMjk0NzcwODF8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

08 X Type Jag Diesel
    186k miles
    NCT to November
    On the chape tax too (390 p.a), although tax is out
    Coming in just under budget at 1950, but surely would be bought for around 16 or 1700
    Pictures aren't the greatest, but looks fairly decent

• Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭Hugo_Whoriskey

jharr100 wrote: »

Must say I like these, how are they overall? Any known issues to look for or ensure they've been remedied/serviced?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 312 ✭✭73bc61lyohr0mu

Must say I like these, how are they overall? Any known issues to look for or ensure they've been remedied/serviced?

My brother has one. Nice car but I find them very cramped inside.

My brother has one. Nice car but I find them very cramped inside.

Need to give one a test drive so, I'm pretty tall. Will rarely have anyone in the back so that's not as much of a worry

• Registered Users Posts: 2,060 ✭✭✭Sexual Chocolate

The ordinary 1.8s are thirsty enough as it and the flexi fuels are meant to be worse. Lovely car inside though.

The ordinary 1.8s are thirsty enough as it and the flexi fuels are meant to be worse. Lovely car inside though.

Remember you saying that about the flexifuel when you got yours, cheers. Won't have many very long journeys so I'm fine spending a bit extra on fuel for a bit of luxury

• Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭cadaliac

Remember you saying that about the flexifuel when you got yours, cheers. Won't have many very long journeys so I'm fine spending a bit extra on fuel for a bit of luxury

Make sure the cruise control works and there is no light on the dash. There is a brake control module that fails (NCT failure) which brings up a light on the dash.
    If there is no light and the cruise is working happy days. Otherwise its a 900 EUR part to replace. Quite common on s40's and s60's.

• Advertisement

Well I'm selling my own 08 v70 2.0f. I'm only a new user so I can't post links yet. But they're a lovely machine, inside and out. And I'm 6ft 2 and it's massive inside..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,881 ✭✭✭terrydel

Well I'm selling my own 08 v70 2.0f. I'm only a new user so I can't post links yet. But they're a lovely machine, inside and out. And I'm 6ft 2 and it's massive inside..

PM the link if you want and I'll post it.
    I'd have an interest in one of those myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,347 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,881 ✭✭✭terrydel

For Jacksie66.1 above
    https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/volvo-v70/22529031

Volvo v70 Petrol 2.0 2008.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,347 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

terrydel wrote: »
    For Jacksie66.1 above

one of them with a towbar and I'd be on the phone

that's a beaut

tax is reasonable and all

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭bear1

that's a beaut

Retrofit?

that's a beaut

Cheers. Yeah she's a fabulous place to be in. I only bought it a month ago. I NCTd it and taxed it along with a few other bits. But I have to leave work for health reasons so it needs to go unfortunately..

• Registered Users Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

For Jacksie66.1 above

That looks like a cracking example of one of those. The leather in all of them goes very bad with cracks etc after small enough miles, but those seats look very good. Nice bit of tax on it too

• Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭26000 Elephants

For Jacksie66.1 above

Did jharr100 post that car back in June?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,154 ✭✭✭jharr100

Yes indeed .. was going to post it again yesterday , but it's slightly over the 2K..

If I hadn't done so much to my V50 the last few months I'd be all over that V70.

• Advertisement

He did. When I bought it there was no nct or tax on it. I've done both and a few smaller bits.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,447 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

If anyone’s interested I’ll be selling my Civic 1.8 hatchback probably in the next 2 weeks.
    2007 with 266km
    Has NCT til 20th September, but was only tested in March (252k) . Tried to get a test date but it’s a month away so don’t know what to do there.
    Back tyres have lots of tread, 2 new Firestone’s gone on it this month.
    Has a Chinese dvd/cd/Bluetooth unit (kindly received from a boardie) but also have the original headunit which can be refitted.
    Bodywork is tidy enough, interior is clean.
    Everything works bar the drivers side mirror not folding and the climate control screen needing a tap now and again (common issue on them)
    I’ve had it since 2012 and it’s been legendary in terms of dependability.
    Will be getting bonnet resprayed next week as it’s badly stone chipped.

ES spec has panoramic roof, dual climate, alloys, fogs, traction control, auto lights and wipers, 4 electric windows etc.

Will take €1100. Or 1000 with the bonnet as is.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

Any closer to settling on its replacement Colm?

Yes. Very close.

Protestant Octavia 2.0 TDI Elegance I’d say.

End of an era there I'd say, Colm? I think I remember your posts when you bought that. I was more active around here back then.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭rizzodun

I'd sooner run mine into the ground that sell it to be honest.

Yeah. When you take into account what I got it for in the height of the financial crisis it owes me nothing.

It will realistically just keep on going but I just want something newer.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

colm_mcm wrote: »
    If anyone’s interested I’ll be selling my Civic 1.8 hatchback probably in the next 2 weeks.
    2007 with 266km
    Has NCT til 20th September, but was only tested in March (252k) . Tried to get a test date but it’s a month away so don’t know what to do there.
    Back tyres have lots of tread, 2 new Firestone’s gone on it this month.
    Has a Chinese dvd/cd/Bluetooth unit (kindly received from a boardie) but also have the original headunit which can be refitted.
    Bodywork is tidy enough, interior is clean.
    Everything works bar the drivers side mirror not folding and the climate control screen needing a tap now and again (common issue on them)
    I’ve had it since 2012 and it’s been legendary in terms of dependability.
    Will be getting bonnet resprayed next week as it’s badly stone chipped.

ES spec has panoramic roof, dual climate, alloys, fogs, traction control, auto lights and wipers, 4 electric windows etc.

Will take €1100. Or 1000 with the bonnet as is.

What colour is it? Just trying to imagine how bad stone chips are.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭26000 Elephants

jharr100 wrote: »

Yes indeed .. was going to post it again yesterday , but it's slightly over the 2K..

If I hadn't done so much to my V50 the last few months I'd be all over that V70.
    I thought it was familiar. A good buy for someone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

colm_mcm wrote: »
    ......Protestant Octavia 2.0 TDI Elegance I’d say.

Careful with that. The early Protestant models gave a lot of trouble

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement