Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

BANGERNOMICS (sub2k) of the week/day Part 6

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭Mini850

mankteln wrote: »
    https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/high-spec-ford-mondeo-immaculate-condition/23896442

Last week's Mondeo up under it's new owner, extra €1000 on it's price tag

He might not get the extra grand he wants, but he'll def make a few bob off it (from non boards members that is)

Fair play to him

• Registered Users Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/08-skoda-octavia-diesel-2-keys-tax-1-20-nct-7-20/23895335

ZDRlMmI4ZGQxNTBjOWUwNDc3OGM3NDQyN2QyMTI0NWFuEEtCHf6TV3hlSkhhiiEuaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xMzk0MTE2Nzh8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

Cheap tax Mk2 Octavia with decent spec and low miles, tested til July.

Not really worth €1950, but 17/18 maybe? Looks tidy and respectable

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I think there’s a minimum value that any tested and working cheap tax diesel is worth. It’s not far off that.

That’s an Elegance model too which puts it ahead of a lot of Octavias.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,568 ✭✭✭Nemeses2050

colm_mcm wrote: »
    You’ll have to be more specific.

hi Colm_mcm, when the car is moving there's a rattling noise from under the car (chassis).

• Registered Users Posts: 24,375 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

hi Colm_mcm, when the car is moving there's a rattling noise from under the car (chassis).

sounds like the flux capacitor to me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,568 ✭✭✭Nemeses2050

lawred2 wrote: »
    sounds like the flux capacitor to me

would that be a big job cost wise please?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,706 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

The part is €88

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭BOSTIK

This yoke might appeal to someone who likes comfort and doesn't mind the running costs. 2004 BMW 520 Automatic, asking a grand.

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/bmw-520i/23904815

M2E2NWUwN2VmZmE5NDI4YzQ3NjZhOWRhMTRmYjBjNTDr2LsH-Pb_jNlzaiunc37HaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xMzk0ODgwMzV8fHwxMjAweDEyMDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,047 ✭✭✭Truckermal

Amazing that as I was only watching a old TG last week and James was test driving it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,937 ✭✭✭SmartinMartin

Please please please Holy God, let this be real.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭morritty

Emmett Brown might be able to put a price on that

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

morritty wrote: »

He would want to have a doctorate in nuclear physics to sort that out.

morritty wrote: »

I can do it for him last month if that’s handy.

The most likely thing for it to be is the heat shield for the exhaust which is under the car, directly under the back seat.

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭Sir Galahad

BOSTIK wrote: »
    This yoke might appeal to someone who likes comfort and doesn't mind the running costs. 2004 BMW 520 Automatic, asking a grand.

And the best sales pitch ever :D:D:D It must have been written by the "Gentleman" standing behind the car in the Lidl carpark :):):)

"Good car no probleme with car i sell
    Becose i have L licențe
    Its to big ingine for my
    Nct 06/ 20
    Tax 01 /20
    Cheap insurance"

• Registered Users Posts: 14,970 ✭✭✭✭elperello

And the best sales pitch ever :D:D:D It must have been written by the "Gentleman" standing behind the car in the Lidl carpark :):):)

Becose i have L licențe
    Its to big ingine for my
    Nct 06/ 20
    Tax 01 /20
    Cheap insurance"

Probably fair to point out that Viorel's first language is not English.
    He's just trying to sell a car as best he can.
    Looks clean but as with any old BMW you'd need to check it out carefully.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,193 ✭✭✭MarkN

Fair enough but he is trying to sell a car in an English speaking country on a website that's in English. The auld Google translate even would help. It'll put people off, I've no doubt. Cables hanging down look messy too but it is only a grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,427 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Becose i have L licențe
    Its to big ingine for my
    Nct 06/ 20
    Tax 01 /20
    Cheap insurance"

cheap insurance on a 16 year old 520? what planet is he on?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,066 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Well, he lives near Finglas you would surmise.

Taking out car kits just ruins consoles. Those 4 holes look rotten.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

MarkN wrote: »
    Fair enough but he is trying to sell a car in an English speaking country on a website that's in English.

Did you understand him? Then stop being such a French douché and pretend you didn't.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/mercedes-s500-lwb-2003-nct09-20/23906557

YzA4MTU3OTJmNTAwMDU4NjQxZDUwYjM0NTAyMWM4NmLBmzw-PEN5uZX01rlDicxCaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xMzk0OTk4MjV8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

V8 S Class with 9 months test, €1950

Great spec, looks tidy. Not the most practical bangernomics car, but still!

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/mercedes-s500-lwb-2003-nct09-20/23906557

YzA4MTU3OTJmNTAwMDU4NjQxZDUwYjM0NTAyMWM4NmLBmzw-PEN5uZX01rlDicxCaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xMzk0OTk4MjV8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

V8 S Class with 9 months test, €1950

Great spec, looks tidy. Not the most practical bangernomics car, but still!

And it's an LWB to boot. That would be great for a while to saunter about in.

Why is the tax so high

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

And it's an LWB to boot. That would be great for a while to saunter about in.

Saunter ??

You waft in a 500 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Why is the tax so high

The gubberment need money to build hospitals and ivory towers :)

Why is the tax so high

It's a 5 litre v8

EDIT: Looking at Dutch rates it seems it's only €291.00 per quarter. I woudl have expected it to be a lot higher!

---

Looking at it again, is it sitting a bit high or is that just me?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Why is the tax so high

Because it's based on engine size on the old tax system. Anything 3.0 litre or above are charged the top rate. If the car was cheap to tax the seller would be asking for a lot more than 2k.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭tinofapples

bazz26 wrote: »
    Because it's based on engine size on the old tax system. Anything 3.0 litre or above are charged the top rate. If the car was cheap to tax the seller would be asking for a lot more than 2k.

It's 12 years this year since the CO2 based system came in, wouldn't ya think anyone interested in cars or even buying a car would understand these things ??

• Registered Users Posts: 14,970 ✭✭✭✭elperello

It's 12 years this year since the CO2 based system came in, wouldn't ya think anyone interested in cars or even buying a car would understand these things ??

The answer might be in your question.

Somebody with a shiny new driving licence just beginning to get interested in cars could have been 6 when the CO2 system came in.

We all had to start somewhere.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭Furzy

And yet, the 2008 petrol model of the same car, which would be eligible for taxation under the CO2 system, would cost €2350 pa to tax!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement