Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

BANGERNOMICS (sub2k) of the week/day Part 6

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭crazyjim

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/chrysler-300c-2006-nct10-20-tax04-20/23920609

MjAzZTU1NjRkMzZhNzVlNjgwM2I1MzU2ZjQ0ZmYwNTm65B1DfPd-5exMh2mXQ8pbaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xMzk2MTY1OTF8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

NCT til October, private tax til April, only 3 owners, looks decent enough, €1950

I like these. Sure they're no S Class, but this is a nice bit of flash for little cash. Most people still think they're worth a fortune.

That's surely a sub 1000 euro car ? Market seems to have gone mad since I last checked it.

Maybe I've watched too many Scotty Kilmer anti Chrysler videos on YouTube but 300kms and the tax and insurance costs , you'd be mad to chance so much money on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭carzony

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭almostover

• Registered Users Posts: 3,090 ✭✭✭Mervyn Skidmore

almostover wrote: »

What's the spec like on these?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/honda-accord-executive/23915322

YTMxMTFlZmQzZmU3MzkwNDQyNzRjZjUzYWVmNmUxZGSe-9ZZUA5NZ5TcWqJu7IY7aHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xMzk1NzgwNzh8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

Very nicely spec'd Accord. This is about as good as it gets in terms of spec on these, seems to have everything

Only tested til April and its €1750, which is too much, but its lovely!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Very nice car Duke.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,095 ✭✭✭johndaman66

Mafia Staff Car.
    Nekarsulm wrote: »
    That's because they are an E Class!
    Mainly bought by builders during the boom...

An ostentatious yoke they are and not in a good way. For some reason I cant stand the sight of them...possibly because the few I seen locally around my town back in the day seemed to be owned by assholes.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

An ostentatious yoke they are and not in a good way. For some reason I cant stand the sight of them...possibly because the few I seen locally around my town back in the day seemed to be owned by assholes.

I do actually like them :( and what's even nicer is the estate version. One of those pops up around my way once or twice a month. Hes probably a pimp or a sugar daddy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,433 ✭✭✭jmreire

I always thought of them as a big brash American car, and until I started reading ( and investigating them ) here on this thread, would not have very much time for them. But it seems that they a product of collaboration between Chrysler and Daimler, hence they are a kind of Daimler / Chrysler hybrid. They use the MB platform ( from "C" class, I think) and also the OM642 MB engine ( V good engine ) and MB suspension's, but i think that I'll stick with an 100% E class MB. Has anyone here owned / driven one? If so, what is your opinion of them?

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/ford-focus-08/23928836
    This looks like a good deal on paper
    2008 facelift Focus 1.6 dsl;
    NCT and motor tax 09/20;
    180k km;
    Recent enough timing belt and alternator
    Looks in good shape and appears genuine ad
    Asking €1,000

I'm sure a moderately skilled electrical diy'er worth his salt would be able to sort out the lights coming on thing.

• Advertisement

Hes probably a pimp or a sugar daddy :)
    I know you might say I'm being a bit shallow but that's the reason I probably don't have much time for them. Any I've seen seem to be driven by full on/wannabe pimps/ penny boys/ small time criminals. I'm not necessarily knocking the car from a mechanical/ reliability point of view.

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/ford-focus-08/23928836
    This looks like a good deal on paper
    2008 facelift Focus 1.6 dsl;
    NCT and motor tax 09/20;
    180k km;
    Recent enough timing belt and alternator
    Looks in good shape and appears genuine ad
    Asking €1,000

I'm sure a moderately skilled electrical diy'er worth his salt would be able to sort out the lights coming on thing.

Gone already. It must have been a bargain

jmreire wrote: »
    I always thought of them as a big brash American car, and until I started reading ( and investigating them ) here on this thread, would not have very much time for them. But it seems that they a product of collaboration between Chrysler and Daimler, hence they are a kind of Daimler / Chrysler hybrid. They use the MB platform ( from "C" class, I think) and also the OM642 MB engine ( V good engine ) and MB suspension's, but i think that I'll stick with an 100% E class MB. Has anyone here owned / driven one? If so, what is your opinion of them?

I've driven one a good bit back in the day(in Peckham) :), DON'T TELL johndaman66 :).
    I liked it. Now to be fair it was very sedate driving around dubland city centre. A Sherman tank would be comfortable there. Always wanted a spin in a Hemi though.

Gone already. It must have been a bargain
    If all checked out it was a bargain for the money. The bargains don't hang around long either.

crazyjim wrote: »
    That's surely a sub 1000 euro car ? Market seems to have gone mad since I last checked it.

Maybe I've watched too many Scotty Kilmer anti Chrysler videos on YouTube but 300kms and the tax and insurance costs , you'd be mad to chance so much money on it.

If you can find me a sub 1k taxed and tested 300C, I’ll buy three of them!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,472 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/00-toyota-avenses/23928407

Couldn't go wrong, even at face value E700

• Registered Users Posts: 8,994 ✭✭✭CoBo55

jmreire wrote: »

I drove one regularly as a wedding/PSV car, truly truly horrible yokes to drive wouldn't handle for skins.

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭richardsheil

Wait until I get my one up. NCT on Tuesday, 2000 Avensis 1.6 , genuine one owner, 37000 miles. Timing belt done at 21,000 miles! A few old man bumps but an honest thing. Could drive it around the world.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭Interslice

Wait until I get my one up. NCT on Tuesday, 2000 Avensis 1.6 , genuine one owner, 37000 miles. Timing belt done at 21,000 miles! A few old man bumps but an honest thing. Could drive it around the world.

Im going to sell mine soon. 2002 1.6vvti 108k miles. Would of thought id be lucky to get 400 for it? Honestly wondering if its even worth putting through the nct. Needs a tyre.

Id keep it but only using it once a month so 100 quid a jouney :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,244 ✭✭✭TigerTim

Hi All,

Just joined the Bangernomics club - well at least Mrs T has. Picked up a very clean 2007 Ford C-Max 1.6 petrol to replace our 1999 Scenic which has just died. Mileage high but car is immaculate with everything working. Just been NCT'd till Nov 2020 & tax to end Feb. Car very clean inside & out. Alloys are immaculate with good tyres, fronts are almost new. Cost was €1200 but scrapyard took a 2001 Mazda 121 I had in the yard & gave me 100 so total cost is €1100. Must keep track of any issues. Even if it only lasts until the next NCT it will be good value. Paint looks different in pic but is all the same. Shadow from Scenic distorts it.

T.

• Advertisement

Richard, I’d be interested in a look at that. Don’t know if you still have my number, you coded parking sensors on a CLS for me last year

TigerTim wrote: »
    Hi All,

Just joined the Bangernomics club - well at least Mrs T has. Picked up a very clean 2007 Ford C-Max 1.6 petrol to replace our 1999 Scenic which has just died. Mileage high but car is immaculate with everything working. Just been NCT'd till Nov 2020 & tax to end Feb. Car very clean inside & out. Alloys are immaculate with good tyres, fronts are almost new. Cost was €1200 but scrapyard took a 2001 Mazda 121 I had in the yard & gave me 100 so total cost is €1100. Must keep track of any issues. Even if it only lasts until the next NCT it will be good value. Paint looks different in pic but is all the same. Shadow from Scenic distorts it.

T.

Nice one Tim, good to see you got sorted.

Agreed, couldn't go wrong with the car itself but one thing to be mindful of and check out before you buy (and stating the obvious to most) is insurance. Even if you can insure it you may be very much limiting the number of providers who will quote you and hence paying a hefty premium over and above what you otherwise would on a newer model.

Fantastic spot thoughwink.png

^^ And if you want Avensis and want to go up in the years and a couple of generations - here is a 2009 T270

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/toyota-avensis/23930087
    2.0 dsl
    NCT 10/20
    4 new tyres were told;
    Cheap CO2 tax and all that.
    Asking €1,595 ono.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,614 ✭✭✭ba_barabus

^^ And if you want Avensis and want to go up in the years and a couple of generations - here is a 2009 T270

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/toyota-avensis/23930087
    2.0 dsl
    NCT 10/20
    4 new tyres were told;
    Cheap CO2 tax and all that.
    Asking €1,595 ono.
    There has to be a catch

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭clio_16v

ba_barabus wrote: »
    There has to be a catch

Probably ex taxi with half a million miles