Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

BANGERNOMICS (sub2k) of the week/day Part 6

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭SomethingElse

colm_mcm wrote: »
    I don’t think an MR2 has the fixing points for a roof rack

Some technical reason.

It's nothing that the cordless won't fix :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,978 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

Get a Toyota MR2 and a good solid roof rack.

There's not enough room in one of them to change your mind, never mind a nappy.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭Gonad

• Registered Users Posts: 8,994 ✭✭✭CoBo55

Gonad wrote: »
    Great reg number in fairness.

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭Gonad

CoBo55 wrote: »
    Great reg number in fairness.

Never twigged that ..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,994 ✭✭✭CoBo55

Never twigged that ..
    My reg number OCD never lets me down:pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭kalkat2002

• Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭26000 Elephants

Any opinions on this Rover 45?! Price in right!! :D Any opinions welcome, have a family member on the lookout for a cheap runabout!

NGQ1Yzk4MDYzNDg0MDA1MDFlMGM3NGFkMjEzZmQxMzMJ6l2QUFBC9RMxu_nqE4q4aHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNDA4NjY0MDR8fHwxMjAweDEyMDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

That looks lovely. But.....

I posted it here last year when it was equally lovely, but overpriced at €950 its since changed hands on 10th December and is back on the market again much cheaper. So alarm bell is ringing, check the story out.

The 1.4's werent quite as prone to HG failure as the 1.8's, but it's the first thing you need to look at.

At that money it would make a great semi-classic, but as a day to day car for hacking around I'm not sure!

• Registered Users Posts: 51,220 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

FrankC21 wrote: »
    How much will my ford fiesta cost if I sell it, 2008 250k km mileage 1.2 petrol.

I've just found out that I am going to be a father and I am thinking if I should change my fiesta for a bigger car.

I wouldn't be running out changing cars just yet. See how you get on with the Fiesta first.

My sister has a new born and drives a Fiesta the same as yours. She cannot afford to change cars at the moment as she is building a house so she has to made do with the Fiesta for the time being. Your car doesn't have isofix fittings for a baby seat so your choice of baby seat will be limited to one that is compatible with non isofix rear seats. You will need to chose wisely with the buggy too but she got one that fits in the boot and only requires one of the wheels to be detached when put in the boot.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,244 ✭✭✭TigerTim

kalkat2002 wrote: »

I bought my bangernomics Ford C-Max from him. Seems to find nice cheap cars.

T.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,095 ✭✭✭johndaman66

Not commenting on if its overpriced but I don't think we should be including the likes of it on the thread as we are pushing the bangernomics budget too much here. The same guy always seems to have some very nice well presented cars for sale. Saying that he should have himself classified as an Independent Dealer on DD as opposed to a private seller.

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭kalkat2002

bazz26 wrote: »
    I wouldn't be running out changing cars just yet. See how you get on with the Fiesta first.

My sister has a new born and drives a Fiesta the same as yours. She cannot afford to change cars at the moment as she is building a house so she has to made do with the Fiesta for the time being. Your car doesn't have isofix fittings for a baby seat so your choice of baby seat will be limited to one that is compatible with non isofix rear seats. You will need to chose wisely with the buggy too but she got one that fits in the boot and only requires one of the wheels to be detached when put in the boot.

Wondering maybe that fiesta has pre installed the isofix and he only needs to finish it with a ford/ebay part...try to google it

• Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭FrankC21

Wondering maybe that fiesta has pre installed the isofix and he only needs to finish it with a ford/ebay part...try to google it

What about this one?

https://m.carsireland.ie/detail.php?ad_id=2445071&r=s.php%3Fl%5B%5D%3Dp2%26f%3D1%26f1%3DIsofix%26g%3D0

• Registered Users Posts: 73,447 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

That has isofix but will drink you out of house and home.

There was a civic 1.8 saloon for €2500 posted yesterday. You should consider it. Looks like an exceptional example.

There was a civic 1.8 saloon for €2500 posted yesterday. You should consider it. Looks like an exceptional example.

I saw that his all the way in kerry

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

bazz26 wrote: »

All depends if it's a 3d or 5d fiesta. While a 5d can still be practical car, a 3d version will be a nightmare to live with and a baby.

FrankC21 wrote: »
    I saw that his all the way in kerry

Take you 5 hours travel. You’ll spend that looking at donedeal.

Kerry is a lovely part of the country. Go on a road trip :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Take you 5 hours travel. You’ll spend that looking at donedeal.

Kerry is a lovely part of the country. Go on a road trip :)

Excellent advice

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Andrew33

There are some county plates I wouldn’t drive regardless of how cheap the car was.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,443 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

Andrew33 wrote: »
    There are some county plates I wouldn’t drive regardless of how cheap the car was.

What? Is this an actual thing??

• Registered Users Posts: 18,925 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Of course it is. See the 201 thread for people who buy new and get the car initially reg'd to a Dublin address and then get it changed back to ensure they get a "D" plate.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,433 ✭✭✭jmreire

Yes but in the sense that certain Counties, that are on the coast, have a reputation for being rust bucket's because of the salt in the air, and therefore, lose their value because of that. ;) But I'm not sure that this is what the poster had in mind........:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Andrew33

Of course it is. See the 201 thread for people who buy new and get the car initially reg'd to a Dublin address and then get it changed back to ensure they get a "D" plate.
    I wouldn’t even be particularly bothered with a D plate anymore but there are definitely some counties that are a no no.
    It’s silly, you should be able to rereg a used car to your own county if you wish.
    There’d still be a record of previous regs so you wouldn’t be hiding anything.
    Dept could charge a rereg fee and make money.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

Love that generation of CLK.

Anyone know if they are any good. How reliable are the engines and gearboxes?

Would love one just for spinning around in, short trips to/from train station etc. Won't be doing high mileage in it so it would be a lovely little run around.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,338 ✭✭✭TheW1zard

Andrew33 wrote: »

DL springs to mind :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,442 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

zoommeme.jpg

Say that to my face.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 738 ✭✭✭at9qu5vp0wcix7

TheW1zard wrote: »
    DL springs to mind :pac:

That's actually the only one that puts me off, lunatics on the road up there!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement