Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

BANGERNOMICS (sub2k) of the week/day Part 6

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭crazyjim

zoommeme.jpg

Say that to my face.

Not happy. I think somebody just told him he's in a Fiat Panda

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Andrew33 wrote: »
    There are some county plates I wouldn’t drive regardless of how cheap the car was.

It’s not particularly cheap. It seems to have a comprehensive service history, one owner, and very tidy inside and out.

That’s what matters at this price level, not the county on the reg.

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭Gonad

zoommeme.jpg

Say that to my face.

Brilliant

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Andrew33

colm_mcm wrote: »
    It’s not particularly cheap. It seems to have a comprehensive service history, one owner, and very tidy inside and out.

That’s what matters at this price level, not the county on the reg.
    I wasn’t referring to to price of the Civic, it was the KY plate that would turn me off.
    Went looking at a €1400 CRV (mk2 ‘05) yesterday.
    NCT 02/21, taxed til next month. EVERYTHING worked, a/c, cruise, heated leather seats, sunroof. I checked everything and walked away because it was on a C plate.
    Just couldn’t do it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭SantaCruz

I wasn’t referring to to price of the Civic, it was the KY plate that would turn me off.
    NCT 02/21, taxed til next month. EVERYTHING worked, a/c, cruise, heated leather seats, sunroof. I checked everything and walked away because it was on a C plate.
    Just couldn’t do it.
    Cool. Leaves these better cars for the rest of us :)

• Advertisement

SantaCruz wrote: »
    Cool. Leaves these better cars for the rest of us :)

https://www.donedeal.ie/view/23787099
    Here you go. Front tyres will need replacing and bodywork is not quite as tidy up close but decent motor and drives well.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,280 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Just couldn’t do it.
    Presumably you knew the county reg before you went to view it - why did you bother?

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 8,030 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

Esel wrote: »
    Presumably you knew the county reg before you went to view it - why did you bother?

It's only visible in 5 of the 7 exterior photographs, may not have been noticed by such a particular person.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

Esel wrote: »
    It was only 15 mins from my house and I thought if the car was good enough I could get past the reg issue.
    I couldn’t.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,941 ✭✭✭selectamatic

ODE4-Njk3-MTMx-YTAw-Nzcx-NTE2-Nz-Zm-ZDIy-ZDli-Nm-Fi-ODXoascg8-z1l-Wg-NXz-W7-XCNw.jpg

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/car/24087249

03 tdi octavia
    Test till October (according to carsireland) it says June in the ad.
    Same owner since June 18
    Looks clean enough
    Asking €230
    It even has a hitch! what more could ya want.

• Advertisement

It's only visible in 5 of the 7 exterior photographs, may not have been noticed by such a particular person.
    Of course I was aware of the reg before I viewed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

ODE4-Njk3-MTMx-YTAw-Nzcx-NTE2-Nz-Zm-ZDIy-ZDli-Nm-Fi-ODXoascg8-z1l-Wg-NXz-W7-XCNw.jpg

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/car/24087249

03 tdi octavia
    Test till October (according to carsireland) it says June in the ad.
    Same owner since June 18
    Looks clean enough
    Asking €230
    It even has a hitch! what more could ya want.

Description says a Corsa :D
    501531.png

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

0lddog wrote: »
    Description says a Corsa :D
    501531.png

I done that many times to save paying for another ad on carzone years ago...

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Typical mean Skoda driver.

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭kalkat2002

kalkat2002 wrote: »

Dodgy as fook....

No way could be that low km and at that price too....

Reg to well covered too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,631 ✭✭✭Mad_Mike

Dodgy as fook....

No way could be that low km and at that price too....

Reg to well covered too.
    VERY dodgy!

Another ad, same text, stupidly low miles, both dealing since 2020 on Donedeal, both using same method to block out number!

NDJlNjQ0NDExMGEzNDUyODY0MDAzNmVmMjgzYjEwMjiWHh9ZuZm9z1LYts3GPqJbaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNDA5MzM5NDR8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

Yeah, I pointed this out before Christmas. Caravanning enthusiasts who’ll rob you of your money/phone/car when you go to see this “bargain”

• Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭26000 Elephants

Mad_Mike wrote: »
    VERY dodgy!

Another ad, same text, stupidly low miles, both dealing since 2020 on Donedeal, both using same method to block out number!

NDJlNjQ0NDExMGEzNDUyODY0MDAzNmVmMjgzYjEwMjiWHh9ZuZm9z1LYts3GPqJbaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNDA5MzM5NDR8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

Who gives a company car to someone wHo CaNT EveN CApitAtise Correctly?

Also hidden plate with no greenlight, and manually edited NCT date.

I've reported the Skoda one....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,301 ✭✭✭Homer

Yeah, I pointed this out before Christmas. Caravanning enthusiasts who’ll rob you of your money/phone/car when you go to see this “bargain”

The old saying.. “if it looks to good to be true.. it must be one of our ethnically protected thieving cousins”

I've reported the aventis also....

They must be grabbing Sims when in Tesco....

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭slipperyox

I love bangernomics;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,030 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

Check this one out..

https://www.donedeal.ie/commercials-for-sale/ford-transit-82k-miles-amp-fsh/22388345

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,958 ✭✭✭tinofapples

From above ad:
    "this van has never seen a hard day's work in it's life"

Ahhh priceless !!!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

If "that's the price" it's gonna be sitting for another 2 years unused it seems :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,452 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

That transit has 100% had a horse in it at one point or another.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,452 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

This BMW looks seriously good for the money.

bmw91.jpg

M47 2.0 manual.

I can absolutely guarantee that if this hasn't sold already it won't be on donedeal tomorrow.
    Asking 2,200. I doubt there's haggle room but you never know.

I found more out about this. Sold for an absolutely insulting €1800 to the first viewer despite having 15 people who said they would turn up and just pay asking!!! A bit mental but I know the lad who bought and that’s what he said. Apparently it’s in superb shape, few scratches here and there. I’ve also managed to wangle the wheels off him for my own :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,512 ✭✭✭pah

That's gas about the reg plates. I'm in cork and have had D reg, KY reg and currently driving WX reg. I don't get it. ESPECIALLY in the bangernomics thread FFS.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement