Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

BANGERNOMICS (sub2k) of the week/day Part 6

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,442 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

It’s expensive IMO. 3 months test, 14 years old, 1.8 petrol.

At least it’s not the 1.6d!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Andrew33

kalkat2002 wrote: »
    Goddamnit just spotted the reg. Grrr

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Done deal removed the superb and aventis....

Few pages back with the blocked out plates and super low price and km.

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭fguinan

almostover wrote: »

What are these 2.0fsi engines like? If they're any way half good then this car is cheap:

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/volkswagen-passat-2-0-fsi-highline/24095275

I traded this passat in last week. It was very reliable & comfortable. ... was fairly thirsty when driven hard!

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭Samuri Suicide

An Ri rua wrote: »
    Based on the NCT mileages, that looks like a good buy, also based on the detailing work. Paintwork and interior look great.

I tried to isolate the tyres. From the spare, it seems Maxxis, which wouldn't be bad at all. But looks like UA 800? There is a UA range. If Maxxus, all round, I would agree with the 'good tyres' as against meaning new tyres eg Hifly or DFs.

Not a lot to wrong with that CRV apart from timing belt and diff oil changes. But 02 will be very hard to insure.

Timing chain on the mk2 CRV.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭Mad_Mike

Done deal removed the superb and aventis....

Few pages back with the blocked out plates and super low price and km.

Hard to keep these lads away!

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/avensis-with-fresh-nct-03-2021/24120881

• Registered Users Posts: 11,207 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

Would never answer an ad. that has every word capitalised...
    Too much like those internet spam headlines "You Will Be Shocked When....."

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭Reversal

Mad_Mike wrote: »

The big giveaway is always the ad saying the car is in Dublin while the photos are clearly from the other side of the country.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,220 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

The big giveaway is that you cannot buy a genuine low mileage 10 year old diesel Avensis for under 2.5k.

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Murt102

“Timing belt and water pump changed last month” .. do these not have a timing chain? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

All of the ads are the same because they can’t read nor write, so they get someone to write a script and it gets passed around WhatsApp for them all to use.

The cash for cars ads on Donedeal are all done the same way, the wording is all the same

Gone!!! What was it, take a screenshot in future as when removed all evidence is gone.

Gone!!! What was it, take a screenshot in future as when removed all evidence is gone.

What is it with these ads?
    What’s the purpose of them?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭Mad_Mike

Another ad for an Avensis

avensis.jpg
    avensis2.jpg

Andrew33 wrote: »
    What is it with these ads?
    What’s the purpose of them?

To get fools and their money to meet somewhere where they're then parted with their cash and possible a beating too.

Our lovely ethnic group are at this scam....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭SantaCruz

To get fools and their money to meet somewhere where they're then parted with their cash and possible a beating too.

People should call them up and arrange to meet, then not show.

You could also ask them to spell a few words used in the ad for a laugh.

Fuk that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,569 ✭✭✭Working class heroes

Arabs?

Racism is now hiding behind the cloak of Community activism.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭homer90

ODI0NmMzZGU0ZTM2OThlMDlkYzI4OWVhZjUwNTYyMWLg3U4G2nZszrESlx3H_IIoaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNDExOTA0NDF8fHwxMjAweDEyMDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

Low miles, new test, bit of tax and belt recently done
    €1400

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/volvo-s60-tax-new-nct-2-21-only-89877miles/24119412

homer90 wrote: »
    ODI0NmMzZGU0ZTM2OThlMDlkYzI4OWVhZjUwNTYyMWLg3U4G2nZszrESlx3H_IIoaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNDExOTA0NDF8fHwxMjAweDEyMDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

Low miles, new test, bit of tax and belt recently done
    €1400

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/volvo-s60-tax-new-nct-2-21-only-89877miles/24119412
    Nice yoke. Condition of drivers seat would make mileage believable.
    Only 10k km between 2017 and 2019?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,978 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

Andrew33 wrote: »
    Nice yoke. Condition of drivers seat would make mileage believable.
    Only 10k km between 2017 and 2019?

Mileage has decreased by 10,000 when converted from kilometers.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

Mileage has decreased by 10,000 when converted from kilometers.
    A common trick.
    Keep the mileage below that 100k🙂

• Registered Users Posts: 10,212 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Thoughts on a civic 1.8 2006 or 2007? A good or great car?

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/566177643972935/
    a very late mk2, they’re very dated inside but a decent drive. Needs a radio.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,978 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

Thoughts on a civic 1.8 2006 or 2007? A good or great car?

A great car, best bang for your buck bangernomic.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,958 ✭✭✭tinofapples

Is this really happening?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 738 ✭✭✭at9qu5vp0wcix7

Is this really happening?

I know it happens when selling cars in the low price range - they show up and pressure people in to sales, then show up after the sale to demand money after X went wrong. Be smart and use common sense on the phone. No room for PC bs when you're safety is involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭cadaliac

I know it happens when selling cars in the low price range - they show up and pressure people in to sales, then show up after the sale to demand money after X went wrong. Be smart and use common sense on the phone. No room for PC bs when you're safety is involved.
    it might seem obvious but if you have any doubts on the phone with the Buyer/seller, don't meet them on their terms. Meet at a public place with cctv and make sure someone knows where you are and what you are doing.
    In fact, you should ensure this when carrying cash for a car in any case.
    There is an AppleGreen next to my house - I've sold a few cars down through the years there rather than outside my house.

Terrible idea buying from a carpark to be honest.

These thefts are easy as they tell you to fill out the form etc, swap out cash or envelope, get you to check exhaust etc and drive off, loads of different ways and as other poster said pressure you into a sale or sell a complete lemon or clone.

I always sold from the house and bought from a house. Yes of course the house may not be theirs or they just parked up etc but still I'd prefer a place to trace back somewhat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭angrybeaver

https://www.donedeal.ie/view/24132142 FORD FOCUS TAXED /TESTED

Thoughts on this?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement