Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ATM Card Issue

Options
  • 15-07-2019 11:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,450 ✭✭✭

I went to my local (non cashier) BOI branch this morning to withdraw money and could not do so at the ATM machine. I was told there was a problem with some cards and that I would have to go to a cash branch. The staff member told me that people had been notified about the problem. I, and others I asked said they had not been notified. This has seemingly been going on for a week or so, and is very frustrating. Are we going to be issued with new cards...and when. The lack of information available is deafening. If BOI are going to have non cashier branches, then in situations like this, they should put in place temporary arrangements to facilitate the withdrawal of cash at non cashier branches.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Lorna

Hi Rigsby,

Thanks for getting in touch.

Would you mind sending us a DM with more details as there is a process in place in branches for certain circumstances.

Thanks,

Lorna

• Registered Users Posts: 4,450 ✭✭✭Rigsby

Hi Rigsby,

Thanks for getting in touch.

Would you mind sending us a DM with more details as there is a process in place in branches for certain circumstances.

Thanks,

Lorna
    I assume a "DM" is a private message. However, when I try to send one I get the message..."[font=verdana, geneva, lucida, "lucida grande", arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Bank of Ireland: Lorna has chosen not to receive private messages or may not be allowed to receive private messages."[/font]

• Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭Peig Sayers

This happened to me on Saturday.  Was in the branch in Camden St which is staffed (but not for cash).  Told the employee what had happened and we went through the process again.  Was told there was a problem with some people's cards and it would be sorted soon.  When I asked when? I was told she didn't know.

Went to Ballyfermot branch this afternoon and the same thing happened.  Spoke to a young guy working there who told me he knew the reason!  Asked me did I receive a text message from them about this?  Told him no, no communication whatsoever.  He said they had notified people about changing bank cards and that new ones had been sent out.  I said I hadn't received it and he said I should get it today.  Guess what?  Nothing in the post!

This isn't good enough.  I don't want to travel to a certain branch to get my money out, I want to be able to get it from my local ATM.  Really miffed at this.  Have had to borrow money from my mother to tide me over as not every place accepts cards (car boots etc).

The lack of communication from Bank of Ireland is particularly galling.

This happened to me on Saturday.  Was in the branch in Camden St which is staffed (but not for cash).  Told the employee what had happened and we went through the process again.  Was told there was a problem with some people's cards and it would be sorted soon.  When I asked when? I was told she didn't know.

Went to Ballyfermot branch this afternoon and the same thing happened.  Spoke to a young guy working there who told me he knew the reason!  Asked me did I receive a text message from them about this?  Told him no, no communication whatsoever.  He said they had notified people about changing bank cards and that new ones had been sent out.  I said I hadn't received it and he said I should get it today.  Guess what?  Nothing in the post!

This isn't good enough.  I don't want to travel to a certain branch to get my money out, I want to be able to get it from my local ATM.  Really miffed at this.  Have had to borrow money from my mother to tide me over as not every place accepts cards (car boots etc).

The lack of communication from Bank of Ireland is particularly galling.
    The above was my exact experience too...at the Drumcondra  branch. I was told if I did not get a new card within a week..(a WEEK !!!...this problem has existed for a week already) I should call into my branch again. How is that for customer care ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Lorna

Hi Rigbsy and Peig Sayers,

Thank you for taking the time to raise this with us.

We're very sorry to hear this was your experience in Branch and the upset that this caused. We'll ensure this is passed directly to our Branch Network Team.

To save you from calling into a Branch again you can sign in to www.365online.com and select the Service Desk menu option and then Ask a Question and our advisors will be able to advise you on the expected delivery time for your card.

We would like to sincerely apologise again.

If we can help with anything else please let us know.

Thanks,

Lorna

• Advertisement

Hi Rigbsy and Peig Sayers,

Thank you for taking the time to raise this with us.

We're very sorry to hear this was your experience in Branch and the upset that this caused. We'll ensure this is passed directly to our Branch Network Team.

To save you from calling into a Branch again you can sign in to www.365online.com and select the Service Desk menu option and then Ask a Question and our advisors will be able to advise you on the expected delivery time for your card.

We would like to sincerely apologise again.

If we can help with anything else please let us know.

Thanks,

Lorna

I was already told I'd have the card yesterday. This isn't good enough. Why was I not notified about this? You're quick enough to contact me when I miss a credit card payment by a few days!

BOI seem to be under the assumption that a small amount of people are affected. I was in the bank for about ten or fifteen minutes and in that time about four or five people unsuccessfully tried to get cash from the ATM. I asked two of them had they been notified, to which the answer was NO. 

No replacement card in the post today either. Sort it out guys. Seriously unimpressed.

No replacement card in the post today either.   Sort it out guys.   Seriously unimpressed.
    I rang BOI customer service (a misnomer if ever there was one) today and was told that next Monday July 22nd is "D" day for all the new cards to have been sent out. Seemingly everyone who is affected should have received their new cards on or before then. An impressive response ...? I dont think so. 

Rigsby wrote: »
    No replacement card in the post today either.   Sort it out guys.   Seriously unimpressed.
    I rang BOI customer service (a misnomer if ever there was one) today and was told that next Monday July 22nd is "D" day for all the new cards to have been sent out. Seemingly everyone who is affected should have received their new cards on or before then. An impressive response ...? I dont think so. 
    Still no card and no reply to the query I posted on Banking 365.  Had to go to a branch with a cashier to take money out.  Really annoyed.

• Advertisement

Still no card and no reply to the query I posted on Banking 365.  Had to go to a branch with a cashier to take money out.  Really annoyed.
    Sent you a P.M. 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 490 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Jennifer

Hi Peig

Thanks for getting back to us. We are sorry that you have not yet received your card. We are very sorry for any inconvenience caused. Please be assured that our Customer Service team will look into and respond to your query. We do appreciate all feedback we receive from our customers and we will certainly pass this onto the relevant team.

Thanks Jen

I rang BOI customer service (a misnomer if ever there was one) today and was told that next Monday July 22nd is "D" day for all the new cards to have been sent out
    Well...still no card in today's (July 22nd) post.

Well...still no card in today's (July 22nd) post.

Bugger. This is so annoying. Seriously considering switching banks.

It would appear that the customer service phone line is either gone down or they have shut it off. Tried ringing the number (1850 753357) earlier and got a voice message saying it was not available at present. The saga continues. 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Alison

So sorry Rigsby, we are aware there was a power failure within the area of where our Complaints Team are located for a couple of hours yesterday. This would be the reason you could not connect with them yesterday.

All is okay today if you would like to give a call an Advisor will certainly assist you this morning.

Many thanks
    Alison

This is the reply I eventually got from my query on Banking 365:

Good Afternoon,
    Thank you for contacting the Online Service Desk.
    I have issued a replacement ATM card. You should expect this to arrive in 7-10 working days at the address on your account.

Seriously?  They make it sound like it was only a problem with my card?  So now I have to wait another 7-10 days for it to arrive.  It will be over three weeks without access to an atm and MY money.  Livid.

Good Afternoon,
    I have issued a replacement ATM card. You should expect this to arrive in 7-10 working days at the address on your account.

Seriously?  They make it sound like it was only a problem with my card?  So now I have to wait another 7-10 days for it to arrive.  It will be over three weeks without access to an atm and MY money.  Livid.
    That was basically the message I got too, when I eventually got true to customer service...i.e. you should receive a new card in a week or so. Why do I get a feeling of deja vous ?                              

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Alison

Good Afternoon,
    I have issued a replacement ATM card. You should expect this to arrive in 7-10 working days at the address on your account.

Seriously? They make it sound like it was only a problem with my card? So now I have to wait another 7-10 days for it to arrive. It will be over three weeks without access to an atm and MY money. Livid.

Thanks Peig Sayers for coming back to yesterday evening.

Really sorry to hear the length of time you have been awaiting a new card on the account. Totally understand your frustration and for the inconvenience this caused without a card the last couple of weeks.

You can certainly raise an official complaint and a Complaints Investigator will look after your case and fully investigate this for you.

We have more information on how to raise this here

Again, please accept our sincere apologies,

Many thanks
    Alison

Advertisement