Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for a busking partner (guitar or piano)

• 15-07-2019 12:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi all,

I'm a 29y old singer-songwriter looking for a busking partner in Dublin (guitarist or pianist).

About me
    I've been singing for 15+ years, and have been part of several bands back at my home country. I've studied classical singing the most, but also have a Musical Theatre course and feel comfortable singing a wide range of styles.
    I don't have my own place to rehearse, but I know reasonably cheap studios in central location where we can book rehearsal rooms and split the cost in half; whatever gains we make busking we'll split in half as well.

What type of music we'll be playing?
    I'm very eclectic, but for busking I'm thinking songs that have nice vocals and warm the people's hearts :)
    Here are some examples of songs I would like to have in our repertoire:

Amazing Grace (vocals in the style of Celtic Woman)
    Moana - How Far I'll Go
    Scarborough fair (vocals in the style of Aurora)
    The Little Mermaid - Part of Your World
    Enya - Only Time
    Walking in the air (vocals in the style of Aled Jones version)
    You'll be in my heart (vocals in the style of Celtic Woman)

I also have some original songs that we could try to sneak in between the covers (not mandatory though)

What are the requirements?
    You need to have a busking permit;
    Be reliable and respectful towards other peoples' time - i.e. if you define yourself as "someone who is always late", please do not apply;
    Learn the songs before the rehearsal;
    If you know how to read music that's a plus, but as long as you're comfortable with transposing songs and using a metronome when required that should be enough.

Looking forward to hear from you!

Advertisement