Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mortgage saver account

Options
  • 15-07-2019 1:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭

Hi there,

I’m thinking of opening a joint mortgage saver account. Is it possible to have two direct debits set up to put money into the account each month from two different current accounts? I want to be able to set up a direct debit from both my current account and also my husband. Is this possible?

Also, if we decide to go with a different bank for our mortgage in the end, is it okay to withdraw or money without any penalty? I know we won’t earn the €2000 bonus if we go with another bank but are there any other penalties?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Lorna

Hi there Augusta24,

Thanks for taking the time to get in touch.

The Mortgage saver can only have one direct debit coming from one account.

If you decide to go for a mortgage with another bank you will not receive the bonus but there will not be any penalties to the amount that you've saved.

If we can help with anything else, please let us know.

Thanks,

Lorna

• Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭augusta24

Hi there Augusta24,

Thanks for taking the time to get in touch.

The Mortgage saver can only have one direct debit coming from one account.

If you decide to go for a mortgage with another bank you will not receive the bonus but there will not be any penalties to the amount that you've saved.

If we can help with anything else, please let us know.

Thanks,

Lorna

Hi Lorna,

Thanks for that. Sorry just one more question. Is it possible to also go into the bank and put money into this account at any time? Or is it only possible to put money in once a month via the direct debit set up?

Many thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Lorna

Thanks for getting back to me Augusta24,

You can make lodgements up to the value of 20k in any Bank of Ireland branch by cheque or bank draft.

Alternatively, you can also decrease your direct debit as low as €200, or increase your direct debit up to €2,500.

If you've any more questions, we're more than happy to help.

Thanks,

Lorna

Advertisement