Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tour de France Stage 10 Saint-Flour - Albi (217.5 km)

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭MPFGLB

neris wrote: »
    Always thought porte was overrated as a leader and gc contender. Being a top super domestique does not make you a potential winner

Porte always seems to be alone ..eating the wind by himself
    I dont think he is a leader of men and you need to be to be a champion

Fuglsang fell behind after going wrong way around a roundabout and then taking bottles ??

Landa was brought down by Barguil ? Landa always (like Porte) has a sad story

EF started the drilling yet Uran lost out big time...not sure how that happened ??

I really feel for Pinot becasue he looked the most promising to take on Thomas and becasue I like the animal loving woods living fella

• Registered Users Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Viviani's face :pac:

D_ib8bGW4AAHESF?format=jpg&name=medium

I notice from that picture Viviani is also missing Italian national champs bands on his sleeves. Whats the story there? Some teams have them some don't. Dan and Nico don't have them but Dan did on his long sleeve on the Eurosport piece. But in that shot both Naesen and G do have them. Each team to their own i guess?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭MPFGLB

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭cunavalos

Everyone seems to have an excuse for missing the split, some are more valid than others, George Bennett was loading up on water bottles for his teammates when the hammer went down. he would have been a great foil for Kruiswijk and arguably had better form and probably fancied his chances of a top 5 overall with an outside bet of podium.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/other-sports/114260991/tour-de-france-george-bennetts-yellow-jersey-hopes-evaporate

24govfa.jpg

He gets dropped on the first split when EF started the initial push at the big roundabout

• Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭cunavalos

I notice from that picture Viviani is also missing Italian national champs bands on his sleeves. Whats the story there? Some teams have them some don't. Dan and Nico don't have them but Dan did on his long sleeve on the Eurosport piece. But in that shot both Naesen and G do have them. Each team to their own i guess?

Its even stranger than some teams do and some teams don't. At the team presentation Dan had a short sleeve jersey with the bands and viviani had the bands for stage 4 (It looks like viviani has half a band on the inside with space left for sponsor on the outside

merlin_157716975_a4626b1a-4b0b-4695-86b2-3b5416f583cb-articleLarge.jpg?quality=75&auto=webp&disable=upscale

nrnmb.jpg

I think in some cases it may be sponsor related at the jersey sleeve is prime real estate and another reason is that each rider has so many different jerseys sprintsuit, aero jersey and climbers jersey it may be hard to custom each type or order different configurations. I think Thomas has the band on one sleeve only

Ah you're right, Viviani does have have them inside and a sponsor logo outside. Much clearer in that picture.

cunavalos wrote: »
    Everyone seems to have an excuse for missing the split, some are more valid than others, George Bennett was loading up on water bottles for his teammates when the hammer went down. he would have been a great foil for Kruiswijk and arguably had better form and probably fancied his chances of a top 5 overall with an outside bet of podium.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/other-sports/114260991/tour-de-france-george-bennetts-yellow-jersey-hopes-evaporate

24govfa.jpg

He gets dropped on the first split when EF started the initial push at the big roundabout

Very strange that they had Bennett doing water bottle duties

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭topcat77

Very strange that they had Bennett doing water bottle duties

Bad decision by Jumbo-Visma. They didn't cover themselves in glory at the Giro with equally strange decision making. A good DS is greatly unappreciated.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,663 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Kruijswijk is a dark horse for me . Can do decent TT

Advertisement