If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Denon avr2300 rear HDMI issue

Options
  • 15-07-2019 3:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭

Hi folks,

Since getting the new benq w2700 4k projector from yourselves I've moved around some stuff and got the samsung k8500 4k player connected to the denon avr2300(from yourselves) now. However I can't get any picture when the 4k player is connected to the back of the AVR. I've tried multiple combinations of setting things to 1080p or 4k, and hdr on/off but to no avail.

I CAN get picture from the (4k player > front hdmi on Denon AVR > 4k projector )

I CANNOT get picture from (4k player > back hdmi > 4k projector ), i've tried multiple rear hdmi ports ( all supposed to be hdcp2.2) and also even removed all other hdmi connections, leaving only the 4k player.

I was thinking it may be a cable issue, but it wouldn't explain the difference in front and back panel hdmi using the same cable.

Both of the above situations are using a standard 2m HDMI cable from amazon to connect the 4k to the amp, and a 10m cable of the same quality to connect the amp to the 4k projector.

And finally, to add to the odd scenario, I get picture from the 2m cable director from the 4k player to the projector, but NO picture from the 10m cable going 4k player to projector. (yet this cable works if the amp is in the chain and the front hdmi is used)

I've ordered a new higher quality, 7.5m cable to re-test, but this still doesn't explain the rear HDMI issue.

Just wondering if you have any ideas or thoughts on the issue or is it a fault?

TLDR
    Working Picture - 4k bluray samsung k8500 >2m hdmi > front hdmi denon 2300 > 10m hdmi > 4k projector benq w2700
    Not Working Picture - 4k bluray samsung k8500> 2m hdmi > back hdmi denon 2300 > 10m hdmi > 4k projector benq w2700
    Working Picture - 4k bluray samsung k8500 > 2m hdmi > 4k projector benq w2700
    Not Working Picture - 4k bluray samsung k8500> 10m hdmi > benq w2700

Regards,
    Ben.

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,277 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hi folks,

Since getting the new benq w2700 4k projector from yourselves I've moved around some stuff and got the samsung k8500 4k player connected to the denon avr2300(from yourselves) now. However I can't get any picture when the 4k player is connected to the back of the AVR. I've tried multiple combinations of setting things to 1080p or 4k, and hdr on/off but to no avail.

I CAN get picture from the (4k player > front hdmi on Denon AVR > 4k projector )

I CANNOT get picture from (4k player > back hdmi > 4k projector ), i've tried multiple rear hdmi ports ( all supposed to be hdcp2.2) and also even removed all other hdmi connections,  leaving only the 4k player.

I was thinking it may be a cable issue, but it wouldn't explain the difference in front and back panel hdmi using the same cable.

Both of the above situations are using a standard 2m HDMI cable from amazon to connect the 4k to the amp, and a 10m cable of the same quality to connect the amp to the 4k projector.

And finally, to add to the odd scenario, I get picture from the 2m cable director from the 4k player to the projector, but NO picture from the 10m cable going 4k player to projector. (yet this cable works if the amp is in the chain and the front hdmi is used)

I've ordered a new higher quality, 7.5m cable to re-test, but this still doesn't explain the rear HDMI issue.

TLDR
    Working Picture - 4k bluray samsung k8500 >2m hdmi > front hdmi denon 2300 > 10m hdmi > 4k projector benq w2700
    Not Working Picture - 4k bluray samsung k8500> 2m hdmi > back hdmi denon 2300 > 10m hdmi > 4k projector benq w2700

Regards,
    Ben.
    Hi Ben.

Sorry to hear you are having some issues.

If you have a different source other than the 4K play connected to the rear HDMI's do you get a picture?
    Do you know the brand of the HDMI cables and I can check them out to ensure they are 4K rated? If all cables are not 4K then you will get issues displaying the picture.

How long have you had your current HDMI cables?

Which HDMI out are you using for the projector - Monitor 1 or Monitor 2?

Is the 2300 on the most current fireware version?

If you skip the 2300 and go straight into the projector does it display the resolution as 4K on the projector or just 1080P?

Are you sure that when connected to the front HDMI it is displaying a 4K resolution and not just 1080P?

I have double checked and all HDMI ports should be 4K compatible so the port should not be an issue.

Denon comes with a 2 year warranty so if you PM your details i can check if its still inside it in-case it turns out to be faulty.

It does sound a little like the cables you are using are not certified 4K but let me know on some of the above and we will see what we can come up with.

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭BENJIspendlove

Hi folks,

I CANNOT get picture from (4k player > back hdmi > 4k projector ), i've tried multiple rear hdmi ports ( all supposed to be hdcp2.2) and also even removed all other hdmi connections,  leaving only the 4k player.

TLDR

Regards,
    Ben.
    Hi Ben.

Sorry to hear you are having some issues.

If you have a different source other than the 4K play connected to the rear HDMI's do you get a picture?
    Do you know the brand of the HDMI cables and I can check them out to ensure they are 4K rated? If all cables are not 4K then you will get issues displaying the picture.

If you skip the 2300 and go straight into the projector does it display the resolution as 4K on the projector or just 1080P?

Are you sure that when connected to the front HDMI it is displaying a 4K resolution and not just 1080P?

I have double checked and all HDMI ports should be 4K compatible so the port should not be an issue.

Denon comes with a 2 year warranty so if you PM your details i can check if its still inside it in-case it turns out to be faulty.

It does sound a little like the cables you are using are not certified 4K but let me know on some of the above and we will see what we can come up with.
    Hi Kenny,

Cheers for the prompt response, I'll do my best to answer you questions

I have an Nvidia Shield which works at 4k, but this made me wonder was is a 4:4:4 hdr colour issue?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/PRO-GOLD-Ethernet-Return-Virgin-RED-Hdmi/dp/B002U3I1EW

The 10m has been used since i got the w1070, so 5 years at this stage the other 2m cable i'm not sure about.

Monitor 1 out of the Denon, the main one

Newest firmware on the 4k bluray, projector and the AVR

I'm fairly certain it was 4k, however i didn't double check that, it auto'd and worked.

I'll double check this as well, I think the projector said 4k. I don't have any sources set up differently that others

Yeh i went double checking that as well, wasn't sure if the HDCP was assignable to 1 port, which is why I unplugged everything for a test.

I bought it from yourselves on 30-November-2016, so its just outside the 2years now.

I've gotten a new 7.5m cable on me now, will test this later on,
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/CSL-Ethernet-compliant-Playstation-Nintendo-Black/dp/B00J25C0FM/

Regards,
    Ben.

• Company Representative Posts: 17,277 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Cheers for coming back to me Ben.

I would be fairly confident to say the 10 meter cable is non 4K and is causing the issue, 4K was not on the market 5 years ago unfortunately which would make the cable only capable of 1080P.

Even to get HDR to display, if all cables are not HDR compatible it will not display. 

Once you get home and try out the 7.5m one let me know your findings and we can take it from there.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.