Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gangland Shootings Cont'd [Mod Note in Post #1 updated 27/01/20

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,397 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

He's early this year

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 3,534 ✭✭✭Chalk McHugh

Anyone following the case of Trevor Deely on here? Always wondered what happened to him. Those grainy last images of him walking past Baggot St Bridge on that rain soaked night are pretty haunting as he disappeared into thin air. Good news that a witness has come forward and confirmed to gardai that he was murdered by a criminal gang he got into a row with that night. Be nice for the the family to finally get some closure. I heard rumours of the gang involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭rondog

Lets hope theres some truth behind it this time.

the last time was some spoof and they dug up a large area and found nothing but some drugs and money.

Rumour it was some rival drug dealer ratting on a rival.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭NaDeise92

Anyone following the case of Trevor Deely on here? Always wondered what happened to him. Those grainy last images of him walking past Baggot St Bridge on that rain soaked night are pretty haunting as he disappeared into thin air. Good news that a witness has come forward and confirmed to gardai that he was murdered by a criminal gang he got into a row with that night. Be nice for the the family to finally get some closure. I heard rumours of the gang involved.

who'd you hear was involved in that? That was such a strange case. I remember seeing them dig up that bit of wasteland near chapelizod last year or the year before - hoping to find the murder weapon but found nothing I think

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭u140acro3xs7dm

Rumours of a well-known crime family with multiple convicted murderers in their ranks?

• Advertisement

NaDeise92 wrote: »
    who'd you hear was involved in that? That was such a strange case. I remember seeing them dig up that bit of wasteland near chapelizod last year or the year before - hoping to find the murder weapon but found nothing I think

I heard a connection to Crumlin/Sth Inner City but will have to wait and see.

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭rondog

The name wilson was mentioned in a previous report ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Scoundrel

Five men due in court over alleged conspiracy to murder Patsy Hutch

December 5 2019 11:34 AM

Five men are due to appear in court this morning over an alleged murder plot linked to the Hutch/Kinahan feud.

The men - aged in their 20s, 30s and 40s - were arrested during operations in Dublin and Louth today.

The arrests are part of the investigation into the alleged conspiracy to murder Patsy Hutch, the brother of Gerry ‘The Monk’ Hutch, on March 10 last year.

All five men are expected to appear before the Special Criminal Court later this morning charged in relation to the investigation.

The men were previously arrested earlier this year as part of the conspiracy to murder probe and are suspected of directing or supporting the crime gang involved in the plot.

Assistant Commissioner John O’Driscoll, who heads Special Crime Operations, said: "The Garda Síochána, through Special Crime Operations and the Garda National Drugs & Organised Crime Bureau, in particular, continues in its unrelenting determination to bring ‘threat to life’ related investigations, to an appropriate conclusion."

Online Editors

Follow @Independent_ie

rondog wrote: »
    Lets hope theres some truth behind it this time.

the last time was some spoof and they dug up a large area and found nothing but some drugs and money.

Rumour it was some rival drug dealer ratting on a rival.

'Scary' wasn't happy with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Steviewinger

I found myself in a treatment centre during the summer. It was incredible, at one stage every single client in there was a cocaine addict, not one for alcohol. These peoe were from small little villages I had never even heard of.. mad. So yes the country is awash with cocaine.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭pablo128

Close by. Ballyfermot and Neilstown got on like a house on fire. Most dangerous club i was ever in. Took my first E in there.

I was in the Blue Banana a few times myself, as a last resort.! But by far the most dangerous club I was in was the Waterfront on sir John Rogersons quay in town. Through a turn of events, me and my mates were 'in' with the main crew who went there. Had some unreal nights there but saw some horrifying stuff happen too.

Was in the Waterfront twice. Never saw any bother. Know a few of the lads that ran it and the door. Do you remember Mace? I use have a few in the Peacock around that time.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Steviewinger

Waterfront was not bad. The Harp was worse I thought

• Closed Accounts Posts: 248 ✭✭Berserker5

I found myself in a treatment centre during the summer. It was incredible, at one stage every single client in there was a cocaine addict, not one for alcohol. These peoe were from small little villages I had never even heard of.. mad. So yes the country is awash with cocaine.

So true

Seemed to be mostly Cocaine+Alcohol Addiction ime

Once upon a time you'd never see it

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭TwoMonthsOff

I'd say theres an awful lot of people in treatment that have addictions to tablets, d10s xanax an all them.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,921 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

I'd say theres an awful lot of people in treatment that have addictions to tablets, d10s xanax an all them.

That’s the main addiction I see among teenagers I work with.
    Tablets coming into the country by the ton it seems.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭IRE60

oxy available by the two fold

I've been in twice

Couldn't believe the amount of cocaine addiction and the stories are off the wall

The main tablet I see is the solpadeine whatever, working lads in and out of pharmacies

Solpadeine or nurofen plus in adults , is what I saw in treatment mostly

Damaged kidneys or livers and ulcers

Seems to be a lot of cocaine being posted from here to Australia as well

Hard to get or pricy there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭White lighting

Berserker5 wrote: »
    Seems to be a lot of cocaine being posted from here to Australia as well

Hard to get or pricy there

About 300 dollars a g

About 300 dollars a g

When i lived in Oz for a year back around 2003 there was no coke. Cant even remember looking for it as i'd only taken it a few times in Dublin before i went there. What was over there was 'ice' or as its otherwise known as crystal meth. All i can say is thank god that stuff never really hit our streets. 5 times more potent than coke. People stay up for days with no sleep. Cheap as chips. Make you look 10 years older in jig time with teeth falling out and hokes in skin. Very scary drug. America and Oz is destroyed with it. Dont know why it never caught on over here.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

Anyone know if you can get Crocodile in Dublin??

• Registered Users Posts: 19,633 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

They have a few at the zoo.

I'd say Tayto Park would like a few as well but probably can't get a licence

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Dante7

When i lived in Oz for a year back around 2003 there was no coke. Cant even remember looking for it as i'd only taken it a few times in Dublin before i went there. What was over there was 'ice' or as its otherwise known as crystal meth. All i can say is thank god that stuff never really hit our streets. 5 times more potent than coke. People stay up for days with no sleep. Cheap as chips. Make you look 10 years older in jig time with teeth falling out and hokes in skin. Very scary drug. America and Oz is destroyed with it. Dont know why it never caught on over here.

That's due to the import routes. The meth comes from nearby Chinese labs, whereas the coke has to come from the other side of the world, often via Europe.

Dont think so. You can get Crocodile Dundee in Australia, though.

Dante7 wrote: »
    That's due to the import routes. The meth comes from nearby Chinese labs, whereas the coke has to come from the other side of the world, often via Europe.

True, but you would think some Irish lads coukd have made the stuff over the years. Pretty much all the ingrediants were widely available i think until the shops and pharmacies clamped down on sudafed (which has ephidrene i think) in recent years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Dante7

True, but you would think some Irish lads coukd have made the stuff over the years. Pretty much all the ingrediants were widely available i think until the shops and pharmacies clamped down on sudafed (which has ephidrene i think) in recent years.

That's the "hillbilly crack" type of meth. Much lower quality. The real deal is being made in labs in China, and they have well established routes into Oz. It does beg the question though, as to why some serious Aussie gangsters haven't set up major meth labs within Oz. Their customs are very rigorous.

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭ghostfacekilla

On topic: Does the charging of the lads re the attempted killing of Patsy Hutch and the directing of a criminal organisation sound like someone cut themselves a nice deal and talked?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

Do you ever think of the harm drug dealing does to communities across the country and wider still in the nations that produce these substances?

The only reason for most of those effects is the illegality leading to control of the market by criminals. That’s not the fault of users, but the fault of busybody authoritarians who believe that they have a right to control what others do or don’t do with their own bodies.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement