Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gangland Shootings Cont'd [Mod Note in Post #1 updated 27/01/20

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Dante7

One of the major problems with the consumption of cocaine in Ireland, is that it is nearly always accompanied with alcohol use. This results in the creation of a different chemical called Cocaletylene which is more toxic to the heart and liver and can cause heart attacks and strokes later in life.

https://americanaddictioncenters.org/alcoholism-treatment/mixing-cocaine-and-alcohol

• Registered Users Posts: 3,534 ✭✭✭Chalk McHugh

Dante7 wrote: »
    One of the major problems with the consumption of cocaine in Ireland, is that it is nearly always accompanied with alcohol use. This results in the creation of a different chemical called Cocaletylene which is more toxic to the heart and liver and can cause heart attacks and strokes later in life.

https://americanaddictioncenters.org/alcoholism-treatment/mixing-cocaine-and-alcohol

Yes and both go hand in hand. I have never done cocaine without using alcohol. Not even once. The thing is neither is that dangerous on their own without the other but as you said mixing the two together creates a new chemical that is lethal.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭shanec1928

Any chance all this coke ****e can be moved somewhere else.

Yes and both go hand in hand. I have never done cocaine without using alcohol. Not even once. The thing is neither is that dangerous on their own without the other but as you said mixing the two together creates a new chemical that is lethal.

Yep. And in Ireland, it is lethal. In the States and other cultures, people do lines on their own and get away with it health wise. But in Ireland it is always with drink which causes the additional problem. When you hear of old friends having heart attacks in their forties, even though they haven't touched the white in years, there's a good chance that was the cause. Will never show up on an autopsy report though. This is the sort of education kids should be taught.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭fergiesfav

Come on mods do your job. This isn't on topic.

Kids blagging about how much they know about drugs.

• Advertisement

Really find the cocaine chatter interesting. Good to hear the stories from various posters. As it is a gangland thread i think drug/cocaine chatter is valid on here as its an integral part of gangland as we all know. Some lads get excited about seeing garda cars flying past their gafs or helicopters hovering overhead. Im sure not everybody finds that as interesting as others but i dont see anyone whinging about it.

There is a lull in gangland for a lot of the year and having a chat about drugs or clubs or whatever is obviously not everyones cup of tea but why not just ignore it. It will pass. A shooting will happen and everyone is back talking about that. I find is strange that some get so worked up and annoyed by something so innocuous. Some quite angry posters who seem to just want to talk about shootings and murder. For others there's a bigger picture but valid all the same. The drug/cocaine issue is important/interesting to many. To those who dont like it why not ignore it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭The gray bird

fergiesfav wrote: »
    Come on mods do your job. This isn't on topic.

Kids blagging about how much they know about drugs.

You dont have to read it just go to another thread and stop moaning like a aulone.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭fergiesfav

Really find the cocaine chatter interesting. Good to hear the stories from various posters. As it is a gangland thread i think drug/cocaine chatter is valid on here as its an integral part of gangland as we all know. Some lads get excited about seeing garda cars flying past their gafs or helicopters hovering overhead. Im sure not everybody finds that as interesting as others but i dont see anyone whinging about it.

There is a lull in gangland for a lot of the year and having a chat about drugs or clubs or whatever is obviously not everyones cup of tea but why not just ignore it. It will pass. A shooting will happen and everyone is back talking about that. I find is strange that some get so worked up and annoyed by something so innocuous. Some quite angry posters who seem to just want to talk about shootings and murder. For others there's a bigger picture but valid all the same. The drug/cocaine issue is important/interesting to many. To those who dont like it why not ignore it?

Because in the 6/7 pages of, I do drugs I'm cool, someone might post something of interest. Ignore the thread and you'd miss that.

Significant arrests in Dublin today and all the thread has is spoofing about the Oz crystal meth trade.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Thedogsbolix

Keep the coke stories here. Good ole read. Sure it's all linked to gangland. No coke . No gangs. No control . No murders... line them up!

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭kingstevii

shanec1928 wrote: »
    Any chance all this coke ****e can be moved somewhere else.
    Mad really.. Without all this coke ****e there'd be no murders. Not one. I think it's a real insight into the mindset of people and shows why all these murders are happening because of how lucrative a small bit of turf is, when people are spending a weeks wages on it in one go..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 BobbyM101

Interested to know any of the long term users have any negative health affects noticed? Im 40 now and had close to 20 years on the hoover on and off..

Totally off it now for health reasons. Fcuked my blood pressure up and had a heart condition LVH.. Slowly recovering

Never once in all those years did i have any side affects and i guess everyone just assumes its not doing them any damage.. It is far from a harmless drug in my opinion

• Registered Users Posts: 7,074 ✭✭✭Jeff2

Coke= heart pacemaker by 40.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 BobbyM101

I always speculated which was less toxic and my conclusion now is your gonna do something go for MDMA or a pill.. less toxic to the ticker..

By the way i agree the club and drugs chat is top chat

BobbyM101 wrote: »
    I always speculated which was less toxic and my conclusion now is your gonna do something go for MDMA or a pill.. less toxic to the ticker..

By the way i agree the club and drugs chat is top chat

Proper, tested MDMA is no problem and very safe. It's the adulterants it's mixed with that is the problem.

Dante7 wrote: »
    Proper, tested MDMA is no problem and very safe. It's the adulterants it's mixed with that is the problem.

This is like medical advice which is not allowed on boards.

Really take it elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭jay1988

Jeff2 wrote: »
    This is like medical advice which is not allowed on boards.

Really take it elsewhere.

Its not really, it's his opinion on MDMA nothing like medical advice at all.

He's also correct.

jay1988 wrote: »
    Its not really, it's his opinion on MDMA nothing like medical advice at all.

He's also correct.

Well off topic at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Syndic

The alcohol is odd too. Why would they seize that? Doesn't look like it's counterfeit.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,633 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

Syndic wrote: »
    The alcohol is odd too. Why would they seize that? Doesn't look like it's counterfeit.
    Garda Christmas presents for the family

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭spider baby 172

Anyone following the case of Trevor Deely on here? Always wondered what happened to him. Those grainy last images of him walking past Baggot St Bridge on that rain soaked night are pretty haunting as he disappeared into thin air. Good news that a witness has come forward and confirmed to gardai that he was murdered by a criminal gang he got into a row with that night. Be nice for the the family to finally get some closure. I heard rumours of the gang involved.

Typical enough I cant find the article now, but it was from the Independent not long after he disappeared. This article told of how a well known crime family from Crumlin was responsible. It also said how a 20 year old leading member of this family/gang had viciously assaulted a young sports star that same year, outside a chipper. And the leading member of the family (50) was a career criminal. Not too hard to join the dots there but I wonder did this theory ever get any traction?

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭spider baby 172

They are reporting 5 men charged now and all were arrested earlier this year.As far as i can remember the Whistleblower named 5 lads that were arrested a while back. From what i can remember a good few were Flashys crew. Scott cappers brother and that Middle Eastern fella Mohammed who looted the lidl were two of the names. Wonder is it the same lads charged today

Was this the time they done damage to some house and they were going to try and get him when he came out to investigate it??
    Was there another plot where they were going to try and run him over or something?

Was this the time they done damage to some house and they were going to try and get him when he came out to investigate it??
    Was there another plot where they were going to try and run him over or something?

Yes they damaged a house on Sean McDermot Street.

Gardai had been watching them and cought them in an underground car park on Gardener Street. They had guns.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,412 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

BobbyM101 wrote: »
    Interested to know any of the long term users have any negative health affects noticed? Im 40 now and had close to 20 years on the hoover on and off..

Totally off it now for health reasons. Fcuked my blood pressure up and had a heart condition LVH.. Slowly recovering

Never once in all those years did i have any side affects and i guess everyone just assumes its not doing them any damage.. It is far from a harmless drug in my opinion

Is your condition directly from coke?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭avalidusername

They're 100g gold bars I'm pretty sure, worth around 4 grand each at todays prices and they're absolutely tiny, about 2/3 the size of a lighter. You could hide a huge amount of them around the house or in flowerpots in the back garden and nobody would be any wiser. Handy way of storing large amounts of cash long term.

Yes they damaged a house on Sean McDermot Street.

Gardai had been watching them and cought them in an underground car park on Gardener Street. They had guns.

Wasn't the Thompson brothers from Finglas involved in that? Anyway the house they smashed the windows was Anthony 'The Boxer' Fitzgeralds gaf. I think Anthony has been targeted three times at this stage, badly sliced up on Henry St and Parnell St. Hutchs and Fitzgeralds very close and ran the old Dublin Supporters Club on Parnell St.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Johnsmithsnan

Loaded gun found in Westmeath yesterday . Someone in Longford was up for whacking

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭ghostfacekilla

I'm surprised the whistleblower hasn't resurfaced with a new account. That was the 2nd account.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭BDI

Typical enough I cant find the article now, but it was from the Independent not long after he disappeared. This article told of how a well known crime family from Crumlin was responsible. It also said how a 20 year old leading member of this family/gang had viciously assaulted a young sports star that same year, outside a chipper. And the leading member of the family (50) was a career criminal. Not too hard to join the dots there but I wonder did this theory ever get any traction?

Who was the sports star and the family. Can you pm it to me if you can’t post it here?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭rondog

Myself and ALL my mates would have been using sniff since 16/17.We woudl all be in our 40s now and the only one that has any ill effects was a lad who abused juice for about 6/7 years.He had to get his heart valve replaced.
    Theres PLENTY of people who have used coke all their lives and never had any ill effects from it.That is not to promote the drug as id advise people to stay away from drugs but back in the day drugs were very much the norm in my circles.
    Theres also a different between users,some lad will go out ona friday and be on the sniff all weekend mixed with ,smokes, booze and anything else they get their hands on which is obviously alot more detrimnetal to your ticker but then theres lads who have the odd line watching the ball on a saturday and pack up at midnight.

The damage to your heart is cumulative over many years but theres also exceptions,some have underlying heart conditions and weak hearts in general.A long session would show this up.

Also agree,while theres a lull,i dont see any problems with people telling their drug tales of past years.Ive seen in other threads theres no fuel to keep the main subject going and the thread dies out.

Just skip the drug talk if its not interesting to you,you can tell within a second if a post is drug related.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement