Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gangland Shootings Cont'd [Mod Note in Post #1 updated 27/01/20

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Davidplat wrote: »
    Guys let's just stop this stupid talk

It's now you clogging the thread up with your f*cking whinging

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭BDI

Does anyone remember the subterena club, I think it was near Parnell Street ?

Went there for junior night.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Steviewinger

Davidplat wrote: »
    Guys let's just stop this stupid talk

Below is a link some you gents need to check out
    https://caireland.info/

You still playing football David plat ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 693 ✭✭✭The Satanist

You still playing football David plat ?

He's still being a bollix in coronation street

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Davidplat

He's still being a bollix in coronation street

Ah leave me out this guys. I am just saying is all

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭spider baby 172

Does anyone remember the subterena club, I think it was near Parnell Street ?

Ah lads, I don't want to fall out with anyone or be a moaning b***h but this is getting boring. We are all here for the one thing but these stories about how many disco biscuits were taken in some s**thole club in Dublin in the rare oul times is not important here, and if the story doesn't end in some gangland scum getting a bullet between the eyes I certainly don't care. Much like I'm sure you don't care to hear my story of how after an all day session 3 weeks ago I came home and took a dump in the fireplace. These things happen and it seemed like a good idea at the time.
    Moral of the story: Can we refrain from the round the fireside stories of the good old days and focus on the topic at hand. We are all friends here :D

HarryStuby wrote: »
    You would have to admire the likes of Mago's loyalty to the Hutches.

Yes you would, but look at everyone from the NIC that has turned against them. They are either dead, in jail, or on the run.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭IRE60

Maybe it's just me? I do think the thread did diverge into the past and the past of using, clubbing, using!! But I said before it's about insight, which having lived in the inner city for a decade plus - a small bit of insight on my side. Don't slam the posters being straight up honest - it's about gangland killings and they don't happen over missing mass on Sunday - it's happening over drugs.
    So, as much as the descenters are screaming for mods the step in, personally I think it's a fluid thread - it may spin out of that and then, if it does, swing the axe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 248 ✭✭Berserker5

Garda Helicopter over Krispy Kreme

Not sure what's going on

• Registered Users Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

Berserker5 wrote: »

Not sure what's going on

The kettle :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 248 ✭✭Berserker5

K.Flyer wrote: »
    The kettle :D

Staff are on the roof now

What looks like a large empty sack is being hoisted down

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭The gray bird

I dont understand why people that don't like reading about something cant just go to another thread or post something interesting themselves f**king aulones.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Berserker5 wrote: »

Not sure what's going on

That's about the 5th time you've used this ''joke'' on thread and about the 5th time it's not been funny.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭BDI

I dont understand why people that don't like reading about something cant just go to another thread or post something interesting themselves f**king aulones.

In fairness starting a thread called where’d you get off your head in your 20s and talking about that stuff there would be the soundest thing.

Could I go to the Donald trump thread and crap on about man united, then tell people that didn’t like it to feck off somewhere else?

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Stop the drugs talk outside that relating to "Gangland Shootings"

Also stop the backseat modding. If you want to get the attention of mods report posts. If you think someone is going too far off-topic, or are acting teh dick, report it and the mods will have a look

Any questions PM me - do not respond to this warning in thread

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Thedogsbolix

The whistle blower back on twitter
    How long will the new account last?
    Murphy the great removed today!

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Limerick_dude

whats the new account?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭The gray bird

Any links to the new account ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭Hoboo

Even The Don wants to know

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭Alliance123

Think you're looking at an old account he had mate? Not sure if that account will be allowed again. They'll need do a new one. They must have complained about Murphy too and showing the passport

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭KM792

Typical enough I cant find the article now, but it was from the Independent not long after he disappeared. This article told of how a well known crime family from Crumlin was responsible. It also said how a 20 year old leading member of this family/gang had viciously assaulted a young sports star that same year, outside a chipper. And the leading member of the family (50) was a career criminal. Not too hard to join the dots there but I wonder did this theory ever get any traction?

Never heard that theory involving them before.
    What would have been the reason for that poor lad getting caught up with them that night?

KM792 wrote: »
    Never heard that theory involving them before.
    What would have been the reason for that poor lad getting caught up with them that night?

I think that article implied that it was a chance meeting on his way home, they were hanging around near the canal and he walked past and an altercation ensued.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 59 ✭✭various artistes

Typical enough I cant find the article now, but it was from the Independent not long after he disappeared. This article told of how a well known crime family from Crumlin was responsible. It also said how a 20 year old leading member of this family/gang had viciously assaulted a young sports star that same year, outside a chipper. And the leading member of the family (50) was a career criminal. Not too hard to join the dots there but I wonder did this theory ever get any traction?

By "chipper" would well known kebab chain be more accurate?

Dad sharing the same nickname as a Bond villain?

League of Ireland sports star?

Seems strange that someone ranking that highly would be doing business in the cold and wet on a weekend night at that hour.

Seems strange that someone ranking that highly would be doing business in the cold and wet on a weekend night at that hour.

Thats what I took from it yeah. Keep in mind this was 19 years ago, they obv weren't at the levels they are now. Stranger things have happened. I will try find the article this afternoon see what ye make of it

Jeff2 wrote: »
    Gardai got a gun in Westmeath.

Two arrested.
    pablo128 wrote: »
    Travellers trying to whack each other. Part of a Longford feud.

Is there a news blackout on this? They were meant to appear in court yesterday but I can't find any report naming them.

Some outlets initially reported that it was linked to the Longford traveller feud and that the men were from Swords, but the IT reports that they are close associates in their 20's and 40's who were both wounded in gun attacks in 2019 and that the incident is part of a Dublin feud, which would lead one to a certain father and son from Blanch (and would mean the son must have made a pretty good recovery given the initial prognosis)

There has been little heard of the Blanch feud in a while, has it dissipated since certain people were locked up? (another father and son team were jailed yesterday).

Thats what I took from it yeah. Keep in mind this was 19 years ago, they obv weren't at the levels they are now. Stranger things have happened. I will try find the article this afternoon see what ye make of it

Suppose it doesn't necessarily imply DB did it, family could extend to the various cousins in the mob.

Isn't an elder brother of the family a serious junkie? Seem to recall a very disheveled looking brother remonstrating with the guards as they seized vehicles from the family home. Mad that a mother could tolerate her son slowly killing himself on gear distributed by the rest of the family.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭IRE60

You'd have to remember that the area at the time was teeming with brazers - with that came pimps, dealers and general crimanility.
    I'm lead to believe there's a heap of info not in the public domain relating to his disappearment. Few names in the mix.

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Deco Barry

- Or a song by the Stevie Miller band

&

- A film series where people get attacked by a shark

Ironically the lad he attacked that night was also named Trevor and his second name started with D and ended with Y and has an E and an L in between.

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭White lighting

Is there a news blackout on this? They were meant to appear in court yesterday but I can't find any report naming them.

Some outlets initially reported that it was linked to the Longford traveller feud and that the men were from Swords, but the IT reports that they are close associates in their 20's and 40's who were both wounded in gun attacks in 2019 and that the incident is part of a Dublin feud, which would lead one to a certain father and son from Blanch (and would mean the son must have made a pretty good recovery given the initial prognosis)

There has been little heard of the Blanch feud in a while, has it dissipated since certain people were locked up? (another father and son team were jailed yesterday).

TWO men have been remanded in custody after gardai recovered a loaded gun when they stopped and searched a car in the midlands.
    Derek Byrne, 36, and Philip McBride, 42, were arrested in Rathowen, Co. Westmeath on Tuesday by detectives from Blanchardstown with the assistance of a local Emergency Response Unit

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭tdf7187

If that is correct then its not the family whose members said to be involved in 2008 murder of a young female.
    Deco Barry wrote: »
    - Or a song by the Stevie Miller band

&

- A film series where people get attacked by a shark

Ironically the lad he attacked that night was also named Trevor and his second name started with D and ended with Y and has an E and an L in between.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement