Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gangland Shootings Cont'd [Mod Note in Post #1 updated 27/01/20

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭spider baby 172

tdf7187 wrote: »
    If that is correct then its not the family whose members said to be involved in 2008 murder of a young female.

That seems to be the direction other articles are taking. Surely they know more than they are letting on.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 59 ✭✭various artistes

TWO men have been remanded in custody after gardai recovered a loaded gun when they stopped and searched a car in the midlands.
    Derek Byrne, 36, and Philip McBride, 42, were arrested in Rathowen, Co. on Tuesday by detectives from Blanchardstown with the assistance of a local Emergency Response Unit

irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/garda%25C3%25AD-believe-dublin-feud-murder-foiled-after-handgun-seized-1.4104660+&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=ie

This article implies the two men arrested were both shot and wounded this year, but re reading it it doesn't explicitly say that the two arrested are the same people, maybe it's suggesting the arrest is connected to these events.

I don't recall these lads names, only serious wounding 2019 in NW Dublin not involving NB/ LB I can recall is the Lithuanian hit in mistaken identity.

With the amount of Traveller criminals out there and the traditional distrust between travellers and settled people it seems odd they would outsource the work, or that the hitmen wouldn't fear getting ripped off. Don't know if it would be Longford related.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭Alliance123

That seems to be the direction other articles are taking. Surely they know more than they are letting on.

Guards know more than is released but from what i heard they butchered that whole investigation

• Registered Users Posts: 19,633 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

By "chipper" would well known kebab chain be more accurate?

Dad sharing the same nickname as a Bond villain?

League of Ireland sports star?

Seems strange that someone ranking that highly would be doing business in the cold and wet on a weekend night at that hour.

His dad was called Pussy Galore?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 568 ✭✭✭NewMan1982

Is there any where online to read more about Trevor Dealy?

Surely you wouldn’t end up dead for a once off incident?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,074 ✭✭✭Jeff2

• Registered Users Posts: 8,397 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

This probably explains the relevance of the alcohol in that recent raid?

https://www.rte.ie/news/courts/2019/1207/1097679-marius-nitu-court/

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 guccimain

This probably explains the relevance of the alcohol in that recent raid?

https://www.rte.ie/news/courts/2019/1207/1097679-marius-nitu-court/

Bar manager of a few well known bars apparently.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 348 ✭✭ifElseThen

By "chipper" would well known kebab chain be more accurate?

Dad sharing the same nickname as a Bond villain?

League of Ireland sports star?

Seems strange that someone ranking that highly would be doing business in the cold and wet on a weekend night at that hour.

https://amp.independent.ie/irish-news/no-solace-in-cold-heart-of-the-law-26241602.html

I played ball with Les Dempsey, Andrew Murray, for Lissadel United around the late 1990s. They were shams albeit sound enough back then. Liam Byrne came down a few times to training in Sundrive. Les topped himself back in 2008. The older Dempsey brother Karl ran a lot with them too and he has a lot of previous. I could easily see the wrong comment escalating between Trevor Deeley and them, if they were involved. One of my mates came to blows with Liam Byrne during one of the training sessions over a harmless enough tackle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 248 ✭✭Berserker5

Anyone know details of how much Gary hutch invested with kinahan and did he actually just fukk off with the money?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,270 ✭✭✭Dwarf.Shortage

Berserker5 wrote: »
    Anyone know details of how much Gary hutch invested with kinahan and did he actually just fukk off with the money?

€412,574 and yes

€412,574 and yes

Was more than that apparently

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

€412,575

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭BDI

Omackeral wrote: »
    €412,575

Less than that

I heard the cops are just tailing travellers cos they can't get any Intel on them

No snitches

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭BDI

I heard the cops are just tailing travellers cos they can't get any Intel on them

No snitches

Ye joking me, they can’t even go through a red light without starting a fight with it on YouTube and posting its injuries on WhatsApp.

BDI wrote: »
    Ye joking me, they can’t even go through a red light without starting a fight with it on YouTube and posting its injuries on WhatsApp.

So

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Dante7

No snitches

Tell us your Krispy Kreme joke again. It's a belter.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭spider baby 172

ifElseThen wrote: »
    https://amp.independent.ie/irish-news/no-solace-in-cold-heart-of-the-law-26241602.html

I played ball with Les Dempsey, Andrew Murray, for Lissadel United around the late 1990s. They were shams albeit sound enough back then. Liam Byrne came down a few times to training in Sundrive. Les topped himself back in 2008. The older Dempsey brother Karl ran a lot with them too and he has a lot of previous. I could easily see the wrong comment escalating between Trevor Deeley and them, if they were involved. One of my mates came to blows with Liam Byrne during one of the training sessions over a harmless enough tackle.

Oh theres no doubting it. People like him are a different breed and don't think anywhere close to rationally.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,270 ✭✭✭Dwarf.Shortage

Dante7 wrote: »
    Tell us your Krispy Kreme joke again. It's a belter.

It’s well known that the Garda helicopter crew go to Rolling Donut on a Sunday for a treat, KK does them the other days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭h2005

It’s well known that the Garda helicopter crew go to Rolling Donut on a Sunday for a treat, KK does them the other days.

What’s with these ****e “jokes” lately?

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Deco Barry

I somehow doubt it was as little as that considering there was 9 million taking from the college green robbery.

Deco Barry wrote: »
    I somehow doubt it was as little as that considering there was 9 million taking from the college green robbery.

Millions supposedly and then hutch got the runaround

Would have better places to put the proceeds

500k sounds nearer the mark tbh

Depends who he was investing for

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭TwoMonthsOff

It was mentioned in the TV3 documentary on the feud that it was 2 million.

It was mentioned in the TV3 documentary on the feud that it was 2 million.

Hutch went after a 'made' guy as they say in the movies

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭enricoh

Was reading online in one of the papers that Albanian gangs are peeing off the local lads in dublin selling cut price weed.
    Are they making much inroads here? Apparently they control the coke trade in the UK now, having come from nowhere in a few years

www.theguardian.com
    Web results
    Kings of cocaine: how the Albanian mafia seized control of the UK drugs trade
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/world/2019/jan/13/kings-of-cocaine-albanian-mafia-uk-drugs-crime

• Registered Users Posts: 38 The enlightened one

enricoh wrote: »
    Was reading online in one of the papers that Albanian gangs are peeing off the local lads in dublin selling cut price weed.
    Are they making much inroads here? Apparently they control the coke trade in the UK now, having come from nowhere in a few years

They have a big market share in London, especially south London. Wouldn't say they "control the UK".

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭TwoMonthsOff

700 of them living in the country according to CSO figures.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 59 ✭✭various artistes

One thing I've noticed in the last year, there is an astounding amount of Albanian teenagers being reported missing (they aren't typically referred to as Albanian but the names are clearly from there). Read the journal.ie, there is probably a missing Albanian teen reported on at least two, three times per month, usually boys. Considering they aren't a particularly common nationality here (compared to say, Poles, Nigerians, Lithuanians et al) it's very strange and it never says if they are missing from their family or from state care.

I asked the question in the comments there some time ago and it got deleted.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement