Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gangland Shootings Cont'd [Mod Note in Post #1 updated 27/01/20

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Honest rob

Any news on the person who was shot three times and ran over by a car today in Waterford

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

I'm confused about one thing I must say, and maybe I'm being naive here: Whenever a hit team or even a lone hitman is arrested and prosecuted, it never seems to get publicly linked to any of the masterminds behind these feuds. Take the three people who were prosecuted for the Avondale House shooting in the Hutch / Kinahan feud - surely with so many people having been arrested and prosecuted to some degree, with a fair number of convictions, there'd be some element of witness protection deals for some of these people? I find it hard to believe that people who were merely paid to carry out a hit (as opposed to people for whom it was personal because the hit was revenge for one of their own family or crew getting killed) would have any serious level of loyalty which would lead them to keep quiet when looking at sentences reaching in to the double digits.

I know there's the obvious threat of intimidation etc, but I would have thought that at least some of these people would still have decided to save their own asses and rat out the ringleaders by now. Leads me to wonder are there possibly secret prosecutions already being planned behind closed doors. I find it very hard to believe that with a feud of the kind of magnitude we're talking about with either, for instance, the Hutch/Kinahan feud or feuds involving the Gucci gang, that none of the lower level guys or hired guns has been willing to say "get me off the charge and I'll give you the big man himself on a silver plate".

Of course, in a country as small as Ireland, I have no idea if or how witness protection would even work. But it would greatly surprise me if it hasn't been attempted?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,344 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

I’m not even sure if it’s possible in Ireland to do a plea bargain although I’d imagine the Guards are happy to turn a blind eye to minor offences in exchange for info before a charge hits the DPP’s desk. But could you imagine the uproar if murderers were let off the hook even if it was to catch someone higher up the ladder?

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭ghostfacekilla

I'm confused about one thing I must say, and maybe I'm being naive here: Whenever a hit team or even a lone hitman is arrested and prosecuted, it never seems to get publicly linked to any of the masterminds behind these feuds. Take the three people who were prosecuted for the Avondale House shooting in the Hutch / Kinahan feud - surely with so many people having been arrested and prosecuted to some degree, with a fair number of convictions, there'd be some element of witness protection deals for some of these people? I find it hard to believe that people who were merely paid to carry out a hit (as opposed to people for whom it was personal because the hit was revenge for one of their own family or crew getting killed) would have any serious level of loyalty which would lead them to keep quiet when looking at sentences reaching in to the double digits.

I know there's the obvious threat of intimidation etc, but I would have thought that at least some of these people would still have decided to save their own asses and rat out the ringleaders by now. Leads me to wonder are there possibly secret prosecutions already being planned behind closed doors. I find it very hard to believe that with a feud of the kind of magnitude we're talking about with either, for instance, the Hutch/Kinahan feud or feuds involving the Gucci gang, that none of the lower level guys or hired guns has been willing to say "get me off the charge and I'll give you the big man himself on a silver plate".

Of course, in a country as small as Ireland, I have no idea if or how witness protection would even work. But it would greatly surprise me if it hasn't been attempted?

Witness protection in Ireland is not attractive due to the ineptitude of our civil service.
    Also, after Johnny Carroll's demise...the publicly documented abuse that the relative(s) of Joey O Brien that chose not to move were on the receiving end of....it was a warning shot to anyone willing to testify that witness protection won't give you anything worth having. The accused never got prosecuted. A lifetime in hiding and for what?! The guards let slip he was a registered informant for years, which the state witness denied.
    Keep in mind the difficulty that some of these most likely drug addicted, raised in rough corporation flats would fare learning a new language and settling into a civilised way of life in continental europe.
    Another point is, it's a skill in criminality now to remove yourself completely from the crime your paying someone to do. I would be very surprised if any of the future kinahan cartel hitmen will ever be in the same building as Daniel kinahan. So, it will be difficult for 'caught red-handed hitmen' to give up who the police are hoping to nab.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,397 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Witness protection in Ireland is not attractive due to the ineptitude of our civil service.
    Also, after Johnny Carroll's demise...the publicly documented abuse that the relative(s) of Joey O Brien that chose not to move were on the receiving end of....it was a warning shot to anyone willing to testify that witness protection won't give you anything worth having. The accused never got prosecuted. A lifetime in hiding and for what?! The guards let slip he was a registered informant for years, which the state witness denied.Keep in mind the difficulty that some of these most likely drug addicted, raised in rough corporation flats would fare learning a new language and settling into a civilised way of life in continental europe.Another point is, it's a skill in criminality now to remove yourself completely from the crime your paying someone to do. I would be very surprised if any of the future kinahan cartel hitmen will ever be in the same building as Daniel kinahan. So, it will be difficult for 'caught red-handed hitmen' to give up who the police are hoping to nab.

bc71be0ce0.jpeg

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭NorthCity

Collie D wrote: »
    I’m not even sure if it’s possible in Ireland to do a plea bargain although I’d imagine the Guards are happy to turn a blind eye to minor offences in exchange for info before a charge hits the DPP’s desk. But could you imagine the uproar if murderers were let off the hook even if it was to catch someone higher up the ladder?[/QUOTE

I thought the gardai were trying to goad Freddy Thompson into giving information against his fellow lowlifes , It would have been sickening to see him disappear with a new identity and a million euro a year of our money , I think during the Veronica Guerin murder trial a guy name Russell Warren went into witness protection ?? He may have been the first in the state to do so .

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Horizontal smile

NorthCity wrote: »
    Collie D wrote: »
    I’m not even sure if it’s possible in Ireland to do a plea bargain although I’d imagine the Guards are happy to turn a blind eye to minor offences in exchange for info before a charge hits the DPP’s desk. But could you imagine the uproar if murderers were let off the hook even if it was to catch someone higher up the ladder?[/QUOTE

I thought the gardai were trying to goad Freddy Thompson into giving information against his fellow lowlifes , It would have been sickening to see him disappear with a new identity and a million euro a year of our money , I think during the Veronica Guerin murder trial a guy name Russell Warren went into witness protection ?? He may have been the first in the state to do so .

charles bowden

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭declanleo

gw123gw wrote: »
    CL?

D L in coolock

declanleo wrote: »
    D L in coolock

did he shoot KF?

• Registered Users Posts: 22 gw123gw

He killed his father who was his mate at the time.

yes DL was killed and im guessing CL is the one videoing?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Ratbags

yes DL was killed and im guessing CL is the one videoing?

I’m confused now so the DL was killed in March this year by his own son? CL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 guccimain

Ratbags wrote: »
    I’m confused now so the DL was killed in March this year by his own son? CL

No DL 2009 Clare Hall ..Google is your friend.. CL is his son..has been described as feral by papers recently, describing the situation in darndale. Few searches with the last few sentences will give you an idea of what we're dealing with.

is CL connected to the sanabar thing?

is CL connected to the sanabar thing?

so the papers say

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Ratbags

so the papers say

Anyone got the video private message of it would be nice

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭TallyRand

Ratbags wrote: »
    Anyone got the video private message of it would be nice

Me too, do think it is fred son involved in video

TallyRand wrote: »
    Me too, do think it is fred son involved in video

he young and bold but think he making mistake starting with RL, but at same time RL got too many enemies to deal with all at same time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭The gray bird

he young and bold but think he making mistake starting with RL, but at same time RL got too many enemies to deal with all at same time

Hes backed up by ***** from all over the place. Its crazy tho bro there too young

• Registered Users Posts: 4,878 ✭✭✭10000maniacs

3 stabbings in Cork. 2 fatal stabbings up North. What is it about the festive season?

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭Alliance123

RL would have known him since the day he was born and prob even babysat him no wonder he was laughing at him. That kid is acting out and trying to make a name after his pals such as JD were got this year.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭The gray bird

RL would have known him since the day he was born and prob even babysat him no wonder he was laughing at him. That kid is acting out and trying to make a name after his pals such as JD were got this year.
    Hes not just acting out the kid is every bit as dangerous as RL they both have done it sure we say.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,288 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

did he shoot KF?

And the rest.

• Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭starbaby2003

Shame to see young jordan hutch gone off the radar now with the boxing. Looked a good one and into it full time

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,096 ✭✭✭✭beertons

3 stabbings in Cork. 2 fatal stabbings up North. What is it about the festive season?

Pulled a few crackers, lost them all. Some people can't take anything other than a win, or they lose the head completely.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,035 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,035 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭utyh2ikcq9z76b

Alcohol/drugs in excess

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭BDI

It’s always the same bunch of second names that keep popping up. Somewhere back in time a pile of criminals were raised and they just raised piles of criminals and scattered them all over Dublin .

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement