Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gangland Shootings Cont'd [Mod Note in Post #1 updated 27/01/20

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,995 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

• Registered Users Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭IRE60

Beasty wrote: »
    If it's not in the press it's not for discussion here

I don't get that - speculation is not allowed, is that correct? And, if you are relying on the media being accurate in these cases - where in most cases the crims won't/can't litigate - then it's really challenging! The fact it is is not in the press counts for nothing. And if that's the bell weather we keep the car between the ditches - then what's the point of simply rehashing publically available information.
    Take for example the story cited - how long has that information been available? In the press until this week - but not in the press, but still available....
    Considering the 'press' at the time had pointed (under the table) the finger at an individual. It was subtle but pointed all the same. So that turns out to be bo11ox now if the new information is true.
    A story appeared before Christmas on an historical case. What was in the press in that case, is what was given to the press. Nothing more.
    I appreciate the tightrope of a form of free speech vs the golden arches fighting a liable action. But rehashing the press...

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭KM792

Anyone recognise the sports bar from the pics?
    Wonder who it could be. ..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭IRE60

KM792 wrote: »

Where are the pics?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,193 ✭✭✭✭Ha Long Bay

KM792 wrote: »

Looks like the Palace on Camden Street.

• Advertisement

Beasty wrote: »
    If it's not in the press it's not for discussion here
    what is the point in this thread if we are relying on the newspapers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 183 ✭✭Wilfuler.

Fedcba321 wrote: »

Fukk knows

Like everything round here

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Fedcba321 wrote: »
    The newspapers have not named her for a reason. Almost certainly a legal reason. It may well be that the press are not naming her for her own security. We do not allow posters to post information the press will not publish for legal reasons.

Just to add in response to another poster above, this is a private site. There is no free speech here

One final point. Do not respond to mod warnings in thread (including this post). Contact the mod via PM if you wish to discuss it further

Just to make it clear I wasnt on about the woman i meant the bagman

• Registered Users Posts: 3,136 ✭✭✭benny79

The Hutch side has been decimated by bloodshed and the Kinahan side has been decimated by the implosion of their Dublin branch through Garda interceptions and CAB attention. I've said it before and I'll say it again - if the Regency shooting was the Hutch's downfall, in bringing all of the revenge hits down upon their family in the aftermath, the lavish funeral of David Byrne and the subsequent spate of immediate revenge killings was the Kinahans' downfall, in drawing an unprecedented level of media and law enforcement attention to themselves. There was simply no way that all of the resources of the state weren't going to be brought down on that gang with all the force that they have been, after people saw the extravagant wealth on display at the funeral and after the narrative quickly changed from "scumbags stage a brutal murder at a public event" to "other scumbags wiping out an entire family and dozens of their friends for revenge".

I even remember an episode of Prime Time (around the time of either the Gareth Hutch or the Daithi Douglas murder) in which you could actually pinpoint where media sympathy had drastically shifted, from condemning the Regency killing and everyone involved just a few weeks previous, to outright shock at how many Hutch family members were being killed in response. There was no way the Gardaí and other agencies weren't going to turn every screw they could reach, and the implosion of the Byrne crew and the widespread association of the name Kinahan with intercepted and seized shipments is a direct result of that.

I reckon the Kinahan/Byrnes crews are still going strong drug seizures are part and parcel of their trade! Sure they are a billion pound cartel.. One gets nabbed theres always someone to step in. Sure it was in the papers Liam is living in England in a big mansion beside footballers etc..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭Timmyr

benny79 wrote: »
    I reckon the Kinahan/Byrnes crews are still going strong drug seizures are part and parcel of their trade! Sure they are a billion pound cartel.. One gets nabbed theres always someone to step in. Sure it was in the papers Liam is living in England in a big mansion beside footballers etc..

If anybody follows his son on instagram, he seems to have a nice life driving around in his range rover

• Registered Users Posts: 28,995 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

IRE60 wrote: »
    Where are the pics?
    This one, I guess;

https://twitter.com/IBHallofFame/status/1212436815577321479

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

That's the new Palace, I think it's called NewBar or NuBar or something like that. Supposedly they paid €100,000 for that video screen and it's been going around as a "you have to check this place out, they paid €100k for a video screen and it totally doesn't justify that price", so IMO a fairly clever backhanded marketing ploy to get people to come in just to see and comment on the overpriced telly :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Jesus Finner is the head off WWE star Sheamus

H3.not-2.jpg

sheamus.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭rondog

Bad time to be Robbie lawler.Mr Bigs crew and Prices crew after him.

I know of one little knacker who floats around with Robbie and would do anything he says but cant think of many others who would be on Robbies side?

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭wardides

rondog wrote: »

I know of one little knacker who floats around with Robbie and would do anything he says but cant think of many others who would be on Robbies side?

Only option would be if Boylan's lads moved onside with him vs Price, but think the links to Coolock would kill that thought.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭Beeping Kitchen Appliances

If he can get both sides to attack him from opposite directions at the exact same time and let the cross fire do the work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭The gray bird

That little knacker as you called him is most likely scared of his life of him the chaps a psycho he would give patrick bateman a run for his money.

wardides wrote: »
    Only option would be if Boylan's lads moved onside with him vs Price, but think the links to Coolock would kill that thought.

They’ve too much guard attention to be able to do anything they haven’t done anything in ages. There already in a feud with prices gang so I don’t know what u mean move onside with lawlor anyway, he’s the suspected hitman of what started the feud off like

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭RoosterCogburn

That little knacker as you called him is most likely scared of his life of him the chaps a psycho he would give patrick bateman a run for his money.

Is lawlor that much of a psycho? He seems to have a serious reputation

Is lawlor that much of a psycho? He seems to have a serious reputation

Yeah he would give freddy kruger nightmares he's very unpredictable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭pablo128

10 guns and ammo found in Dublin. That's a serious amount.
    https://www.rte.ie/news/2020/0104/1104335-garda-firearms-dublin/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,506 ✭✭✭Titzon Toast

Horrible video going around of some lad covered in blood getting a smack of a machete that took his finger off in Thorndale.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭flanzer

Horrible video going around of some lad covered in blood getting a smack of a machete that took his finger off in Thorndale.

Yeah, just got it. Read somewhere online about it being part of some turf warfare

• Registered Users Posts: 2,506 ✭✭✭Titzon Toast

flanzer wrote: »
    Yeah, just got it. Read somewhere online about it being part of some turf warfare

In Beaumount of all places! That lad was lucky he wasn't decapitated. At least he was close to the hospital though I suppose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Dante7

It was an organised fight. He wasn't an innocent bystander.

Dante7 wrote: »
    It was an organised fight. He wasn't an innocent bystander.

Who your man in Beaumont ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭Bigmac1euro

can someone send me that video :-o know the area well myself surprised I haven’t received it yet.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭avalidusername

Was that the attack that the news said was one lad getting a hiding from 20?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement