Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gangland Shootings Cont'd [Mod Note in Post #1 updated 27/01/20

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 281 ✭✭OmarLittle187

No information optained in the bug(if this is even true) was used against dowdall. Dowdall went down because himself and his da the clowns recorded themselves waterboarding Alex Hurley and shouting they were in the Ra

Yes he was jailed due to the video evidence of the waterboarding etc not the bug. I didn't explain what I meant fully. Wasnt the information obtained on the bug the reason gardai got a warrant and seized the phone? Would the bug have had to have been legal for the guards to get a warrant?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭hugs_for_drugs

Yes he was jailed due to the video evidence of the waterboarding etc not the bug. I didn't explain what I meant fully. Wasnt the information obtained on the bug the reason gardai got a warrant and seized the phone? Would the bug have had to have been legal for the guards to get a warrant?

The warrant to search Johathans was for firearms, they were looking for the aks used in the regancy he was seen given the monk a lift to the north.

They never used any information from a bug in his and his father's trial.

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭El_Bee

https://www.thesun.ie/news/4344554/mr-flashy-gangland-feud-shock-image-innocent-child-gun/

Why are they saying he's "innocent"? lots of kids work for drug dealers these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Tony Tucker

El_Bee wrote: »
    https://www.thesun.ie/news/4344554/mr-flashy-gangland-feud-shock-image-innocent-child-gun/

Why are they saying he's "innocent"? lots of kids work for drug dealers these days.

I know that young lad. Hes a traveller.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Have Tusla ever tried to enforce taking or turned up at a halting site and tried to take a kid away from their family?
    Some balls if they have.
    (With the exception of any children that they have to take.)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,522 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Mod: I've just deleted 22 off-topic posts from this thread. Please try and stick to the topic. Any more talk about tickets will be carded.

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭White lighting

I wonder will the Monk book flight tickets home for the funeral?😅

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭soiseztomabel

Suckit wrote: »
    Have Tusla ever tried to enforce taking or turned up at a halting site and tried to take a kid away from their family?
    Some balls if they have.

It is quite difficult, it’s possible but it’s slightly more difficult especially when so much instances that differ from the settled community (education etc). I work in a residential unit that specialized in working with travellers and the common complaint was the authorities hands are tied to a degree because of culture or appearing to suppress traveller culture.

And these boyos completely exploit that to the fullest.

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭El_Bee

And these boyos completely exploit that to the fullest.

Naaaaaaahhhh get out of here.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭mynamejeff

Suckit wrote: »
    Some balls if they have.

there used to be a care facility for traveller children who had been taken from their family's with traveller care workers and all near where i am, but it was closed down and now houses unaccompanied immigrants who go missing as soon as they arrive

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Deco Barry

How many brothers did/does The Monk actually have? His particular generation of the family seems to be absolutely massive.

Very nasty way to go, hope he wasn't conscious during the period between falling and dying in hospital :(

He has/had 4 brothers,Patsy who is the most protected citizen in the country and three other brothers who are all now deceased,Eddie was shot dead in 2016,John who passed away this week and Derek who committed suicide in 2008 by slitting his wrists after earlier going to a garda station and admitting that he had murdered a man a few years previous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Force Carrier

I wonder will the Monk book flight tickets home for the funeral?��

It's interesting. If someone were to plan something they would have to set everything up without really knowing if he will turn up. Even knowing he is unlikely to turn up. But still go to the time, effort and expense of putting the people, guns, cars and all in place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Doubt there's any expense in it. There would be very few risking taking him out at the funeral.
    Guaranteed life for that. Even hanging around and looking suspect might be enough to get you searched. Garda would clean up on that day if the Byrnes were expecting him home.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,769 ✭✭✭P.Walnuts

It's interesting. If someone were to plan something they would have to set everything up without really knowing if he will turn up. Even knowing he is unlikely to turn up. But still go to the time, effort and expense of putting the people, guns, cars and all in place.

If he came back he'd probably have 5 Guards up his hole for his entire duration back to the country ( disregarding the fact he'd probably be lifted)

More chance of me or you being shot I would say

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 520 ✭✭✭Telly

Deco Barry wrote: »
    He has/had 4 brothers,Patsy who is the most protected citizen in the country and three other brothers who are all now deceased,Eddie was shot dead in 2016,John who passed away this week and Derek who committed suicide in 2008 by slitting his wrists after earlier going to a garda station and admitting that he had murdered a man a few years previous.
    That’s really sad :(

• Site Banned Posts: 57 ✭✭Faye McAleer

Are there any Hutches left at this stage? I.e apart from Patsy and who are still living here?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,223 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭Stevieluvsye

Are there any Hutches left at this stage? I.e apart from Patsy and who are still living here?

Plenty.

I know of some from bawnogue and from an area not too far from that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Jamestoney12

They seem to be doing more since the new boss came in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

Jesus, that's so incredibly depressing. Thanks for clearing this up, although I kinda regret asking. :(

I'm assuming Patsy is the one who lives around Champion's Avenue in Dublin and is the reason for the almost 24/7 Garda presence there, you'd think he'd have long since got the hell out of Dublin with the amount of pressure he must be under... I was amazed when Eddie was shot, I couldn't believe anyone close to Gerry was still sleeping at home knowing that the key players had escaped from the Regency and would surely be coming knocking. I realise it's easier said than done to get out of town, but even so...

• Advertisement

How much drugs does kinahan smuggle in and how?

Does he do more in the rest of Europe?

• Site Banned Posts: 57 ✭✭Faye McAleer

Jesus, that's so incredibly depressing. Thanks for clearing this up, although I kinda regret asking. :(

I'm assuming Patsy is the one who lives around Champion's Avenue in Dublin and is the reason for the almost 24/7 Garda presence there, you'd think he'd have long since got the hell out of Dublin with the amount of pressure he must be under... I was amazed when Eddie was shot, I couldn't believe anyone close to Gerry was still sleeping at home knowing that the key players had escaped from the Regency and would surely be coming knocking. I realise it's easier said than done to get out of town, but even so...

Patrick Hutch lived on Champion's Avenue.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,111 ✭✭✭Jeff2

How much drugs does kinahan smuggle in and how?

Does he do more in the rest of Europe?

Ireland is small fry for them at this stage.
    Loads all over Europe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Dante7

Gardaí carryout €1 million raids on Drogheda criminals and seize drugs and ammo in Tallaght https://jrnl.ie/4732235

Gardaí seize guns and ammo at Limerick halting site in planned raid https://jrnl.ie/4732222

Good enough for these clowns. It looks like these Drogheda halfwits are getting the Limerick treatment.

Dante7 wrote: »
    Gardaí carryout €1 million raids on Drogheda criminals and seize drugs and ammo in Tallaght https://jrnl.ie/4732235

Gardaí seize guns and ammo at Limerick halting site in planned raid https://jrnl.ie/4732222

Good enough for these clowns. It looks like these Drogheda halfwits are getting the Limerick treatment.

Seem people really talking when arrested.

Jeff2 wrote: »
    Ireland is small fry for them at this stage.
    Loads all over Europe.

They must be raking in the bitcoin

At least we're buying irish

If the kinahans were gone we'd prob be stuck with Johnny foreigner

They must be raking in the bitcoin

Lol. That's for low level.

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭Thesiger

What about other family members - kids, nephews, etc.?

• Advertisement

Thesiger wrote: »
    What about other family members - kids, nephews, etc.?

Have you seen the lads in winning streak I think it was.

Don't think they're to well, more like unwills.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement