Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gangland Shootings Cont'd [Mod Note in Post #1 updated 27/01/20

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭Banana Republic.

lcasey90 wrote: »
    I wouldn't say so I'd say it was a coked up RL or CP idea to send a message. Travellers are religious but they would follow this line of thinking this is more the cartel religion. I can't recall the name but there is a Saint that the cartel worship.

Quick google search says La Santa Muerte or a Jesús Malverde (Narco Saint) Muerte is death, The Mexicans celebrate Dia De Los Muertos every year too so it's definitely in the Mexican culture.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 MajesticMunk

MajesticMunk May very well be LV for all u know!!

Hahaha..

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭GolfNut33

minikin wrote: »
    I didn’t suggest internment... the SAS were let off the leash because all else had failed miserably.

You see, the problem with that is the Gardai can't be trusted to use those powers correctly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭Hodors Appletart

Peanutzzz wrote: »
    Two people just shot

out near the airport

one suspected dead

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭dk1982

Rvsmmnps wrote: »
    The use of the word pal should be outlawed.
    Really glad I left ireland/Dublin. Couldn't imagine raising kids there. You need a hard ass government willing to change the state laws to fix this problem.

What a drama queen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭EMPunk

The Mexican cartels are all into this;

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Santa_Muerte

I have followed the stuff in Mexico for a decade and never heard that the dismemberment of a body prevents the soul going to the afterlife but they are very very superstitious and use a lot of catholic symbolism

Guy talks about the damage to the body is so he couldn't go to the AFTERLIFE , weirdest thing I've ever heard in regards to gangland warfare. Not saying it's true just a mad theory.
    I think it's from Mexican cartel culture that a decapitated body spread around stops them going to the afterlife or somthing like that
    Would this have significance given that a lot of travellers are very religious?
    Exactly what i was thinking.
    Yea was thinking that myself, part of destroying the soul I think. If that's the thinking they were going through, it's an even deeper sinister turn.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭kildare lad

You might want to look a bit deeper at what happened up north, and how internment without trial proved to be the best recruitment programme the IRA could think of.

I doubt people are are going to start joining drug hangs because the local drug dealer/scumbag got sent away without trial...

Surprised Padge O'Reilly hasn't pictures up already.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭Bigmac1euro

Ballymun being mentioned by media

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭lcasey90

Quick google search says La Santa Muerte or a Jesús Malverde (Narco Saint) Muerte is death, The Mexicans celebrate Dia De Los Muertos every year too so it's definitely in the Mexican culture.

Lá santa muerte is the one I know of the images that come up is the shrines they pray to

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭minikin

GolfNut33 wrote: »
    You see, the problem with that is the Gardai can't be trusted to use those powers correctly.

I’m not suggesting that the Gardaí are the appropriate service to fulfil the project.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭Hodors Appletart

closer to the airport than ballymun itself, but probably ballymun police district

dead person took bullets to the body and one to the head

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭White lighting

Killeek Lane out beside the airport

• Registered Users Posts: 3,534 ✭✭✭Chalk McHugh

EMPunk wrote: »
    The Mexican cartels are all into this;

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Santa_Muerte

I have followed the stuff in Mexico for a decade and never heard that the dismemberment of a body prevents the soul going to the afterlife but they are very very superstitious and use a lot of catholic symbolism

I've been following Mexico too for over 10 years. Do you read Borderland Beat and Cartel Chronicles? Borderland Beat is a fantastic website. I just find the Mexican situation fascinating.

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭Johndoe19

Can we start throwning random initials around now for the shooting

Please don’t. Had enough false reports here yesterday. We don’t need people using this thread as their sources to spread more lies

• Registered Users Posts: 21,216 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Can we start throwning random initials around now for the shooting

OK

• Closed Accounts Posts: 615 ✭✭✭Letwin_Larry

I think it's from Mexican cartel culture that a decapitated body spread around stops them going to the afterlife or somthing like that

no this is straight out of the Comanche playbook. as a child i watched John Wayne a lot, so i know these things.

looks like we now have cowboys AND INDIANS!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Thethunder wrote: »
    Head and chest? Possible military training. Double tap.

PARTRIDGE-PIC-e1497877670893.png

• Registered Users Posts: 3,534 ✭✭✭Chalk McHugh

Leo the Lioness' election - spinning empty rhetoric in Drogheda might ring more hollow than usual with more bloodshed as he's doing the rounds as we speak.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭IRE60

from the sun:

GARDAI are this morning at the scene of a shooting in Ballymun, North Dublin.
    It's understood two people were shot in the incident shortly after midday.
    The scene on Killeek Lane in the St Margaret's Road area has been sealed off.
    A Garda spokesman said: "Gardaí are currently at the scene of an alleged shooting incident at Killeek Lane, Dublin. No further information is available at this time."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,977 ✭✭✭✭GBX

2 injured . None dead yet

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭White lighting

IRE60 wrote: »
    from the sun:

A Garda spokesman said: "Gardaí are currently at the scene of an alleged shooting incident at Killeek Lane, Dublin. No further information is available at this time."

Two victims are brothers

• Registered Users Posts: 12,809 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

IRE60 wrote: »
    from the sun:

Thats a very remote area

I've been following Mexico too for over 10 years. Do you read Borderland Beat and Cartel Chronicles? Borderland Beat is a fantastic website. I just find the Mexican situation fascinating.

i love their big hats.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 693 ✭✭✭The Satanist

The Nal wrote: »
    Thats a very remote area

It's also a lot closer to Swords than Ballymun, but headlines etc

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Cropsy

Two victims are brothers

Where'd you hear that?

Thethunder wrote: »
    Head and chest? Possible military training. Double tap.

FFS.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭lcasey90

PARlance wrote: »
    OK

Órla Kennedy

Two victims are brothers

looks like it was a murder-suicide job.
    dispute over family will i think.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 693 ✭✭✭The Satanist

looks like it was a murder-suicide job.