Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gangland Shootings Cont'd [Mod Note in Post #1 updated 27/01/20

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭Thesiger

Seems bizarre the two lads would drive to Coolock of all places to burn the car out today. Anywhere but there surely with all the heat? The planning for this one wasn't too long in the making i'd say.

If it’s the two lads mentioned already then they burned it out within walking distance of their homes, probably wanted to save on the bus fare.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Sonny LoSpecchio

Thesiger wrote: »
    If it’s the two lads mentioned already then they burned it out within walking distance of their homes, probably wanted to save on the bus fare.

Sure they probably have government issued bus passes, poor lads don't have work sure

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Dante7

All the fückin gob****es who only registered in the last couple of days, talking bullshït to each other.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,392 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Thethunder wrote: »
    F**k off, nobody wants you here.

Mod

Don't post in this thread again.

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Niamh
    Boards.ie Community Manager

Locked for a short while, I'll be back with a warning post and to re-open shortly.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,392 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Mod

Re-opened

Just a reminder to please be civil to one another and to heed the already on thread mod warnings

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 11 mattlennon2011

Just asking can the people who killed the young lad be brought be before special criminal court

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Dante7

Just asking can the people who killed the young lad be brought be before special criminal court

Most definitely.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 mattlennon2011

Dante7 wrote: »
    Most definitely.

That's good news hopefully they are,people who often done less where before it

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Niamh
    Boards.ie Community Manager

***THREAD WARNING, MUST-READ***

I think a few things need to be cleared up here before I can allow this thread to continue. As you will have read in the opening post there are mod warnings not to post names or initials. I have deleted literally hundreds of posts attributing murders and other crimes to people (via their initials) that they have not been convicted of. That needs to stop immediately.

If you are posting a new piece of breaking news, include a source. Sources are news articles or tweets from reputable journalists, nothing else. Include the link if you are copying text from a story - if you have too few posts to include a link, cool your jets, someone else will post it shortly.

"I'm being told it was..."
    "So and so on Facebook posted that...
    "Tweet by someone says..."
    "Got a Whatsapp about..."
    "My neighbours aunty's fella said..."

None of these are reliable news sources, please do not post them here as if they were. Using the words 'apparently' or 'I heard that' etc. doesn't take away from the fact that it's probably bull.

Users, particularly new ones who are telling others 'that's not what this thread is for'...actually, political views, solutions to the wider social issues being discussed are exactly what this thread, forum and site are for, it's a discussion site not a gossip swap so if you don't want to get invovled in those aspects of the discussion, skip on to the next post but don't presume to know what the thread is or is not for. If you genuinely think something is off-topic, report it don't respond.

"This is great advertising for Boards, look at all those views, they'll never close this thread". Wrong. The number of companies queuing up to advertise on a thread about drug dealers and murderers is exactly zero and that is not going to change. I will have no problem closing and removing the thread if people persist in naming names, posting unfounded rumours or trying to get around the naming names.

There are a large number of genuine posters who are following these news stories and are interested in discussing things as they are reported so the thread is being kept open for these people. Please report any posts that violate these thread rules or any site rules to keep it that way :)

Thanks all.

Mods are doing their own clean-up of the thread so I've left it closed but they will re-open when their review is complete.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Mig

We’re back

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭sexmag

Any update?

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭Mr.burgess

sexmag wrote: »
    Any update?

Rte news be on at 6 should be a update

be good if everyone checked in so we know nobody was got since

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4 Blindboyo

***THREAD WARNING, MUST-READ***

I think a few things need to be cleared up here before I can allow this thread to continue. As you will have read in the opening post there are mod warnings not to post names or initials. I have deleted literally hundreds of posts attributing murders and other crimes to people (via their initials) that they have not been convicted of. That needs to stop immediately.

If you are posting a new piece of breaking news, include a source. Sources are news articles or tweets from reputable journalists, nothing else. Include the link if you are copying text from a story - if you have too few posts to include a link, cool your jets, someone else will post it shortly.

"I'm being told it was..."
    "So and so on Facebook posted that...
    "Tweet by someone says..."
    "Got a Whatsapp about..."
    "My neighbours aunty's fella said..."

None of these are reliable news sources, please do not post them here as if they were. Using the words 'apparently' or 'I heard that' etc. doesn't take away from the fact that it's probably bull.

Users, particularly new ones who are telling others 'that's not what this thread is for'...actually, political views, solutions to the wider social issues being discussed are exactly what this thread, forum and site are for, it's a discussion site not a gossip swap so if you don't want to get invovled in those aspects of the discussion, skip on to the next post but don't presume to know what the thread is or is not for. If you genuinely think something is off-topic, report it don't respond.

"This is great advertising for Boards, look at all those views, they'll never close this thread". Wrong. The number of companies queuing up to advertise on a thread about drug dealers and murderers is exactly zero and that is not going to change. I will have no problem closing and removing the thread if people persist in naming names, posting unfounded rumours or trying to get around the naming names.

There are a large number of genuine posters who are following these news stories and are interested in discussing things as they are reported so the thread is being kept open for these people. Please report any posts that violate these thread rules or any site rules to keep it that way :)

Thanks all.

Mods are doing their own clean-up of the thread so I've left it closed but they will re-open when their review is complete.

Good stuff. There was a lot of tripe on here. Very hard to read through it. Hopefully it cuts out the speculation aswell. Was a long time reader of forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭d51984

Think Mick the hack has got it wrong with one dead. Same as Irish Mirror, they had up one dead but have taking it down. Is there actually any confirmation anyone has been killed?

Its a disgrace Joe!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

Virgin Media news just reported on the two arrests following the burnt out car.
    They said both men continue to be treated in hospital, one of them critical.
    No other arrests.

Effects wrote: »
    Virgin Media news just reported on the two arrests following the burnt out car.
    They said both men continue to be treated in hospital, one of them critical.

Sure we know that. Keep up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭Banana Republic.

Any idea are the Garda close to any arrests in the Keane case of the prime suspects? Surely the incidents today have taken their eye of the ball for a bit or reduced resources.

Mick the hack deleted the one dead tweet... surprise surprise. Muppet.

Its a disgrace Joe!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,534 ✭✭✭Chalk McHugh

Two truck drivers apparently. One critical. Hard to recover from a shot in the head.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭Banana Republic.

d51984 wrote: »
    Think Mick the hack has got it wrong with one dead. Same as Irish Mirror, they had up one dead but have taking it down. Is there actually any confirmation anyone has been killed?

If as reports suggest one of them took 5 bullets then it's to be expected of at least one fatality. Some have reported but some have removed them also. Seems to have gone quiet with info from media.

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭Johndoe19

Excellent, no more nonsense for a few days.
    Seen a post on twitter from 2 hours ago saying car is still in Greenwood. Waiting on Forensics. Search Greenwood car and it came up in a top hit.

To anyone waiting for 2 certain “hitmen” to be arrested, no chance will we hear about that unless someone gets a photo of either being arrested. No chance the media will report this.

Anyone calling them fake for this, obviously don’t understand the laws of Ireland.

Car was found in the same spot as a previous car used in a murder in darndale 2 years ago.

Its a disgrace Joe!

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭Johndoe19

d51984 wrote: »
    Car was found in the same spot as a previous car used in a murder in darndale 2 years ago.

Can you elaborate on this? If it was a murder you can give the name

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Cropsy

Can you elaborate on this? If it was a murder you can give the name

I'll have a look now, but I do distinctly seeing a car burnt out at that same spot not too long ago

John Lawless murder, the car used in that murder was burned in the same spot as the car found burned today.

Its a disgrace Joe!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

Not much else on the Six One news.
    They are reporting Gardaí saying today’s shooting not connected to Drogheda feud.

Crospy, ignore mate, only trolls with about 20 accounts. He comes alive after school finished at half 2.

Its a disgrace Joe!

• Advertisement

Effects wrote: »
    Not much else on the Six One news.
    They are reporting Gardaí saying today’s shooting not connected to Drogheda feud.

We know that. We watch the news. Do better please.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement