Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gangland Shootings Cont'd [Mod Note in Post #1 updated 27/01/20

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭Thesiger

As in the same coolock boys that mulready ran with?

They don’t seem to be linked in any way.

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭ballsdeep69

Garda chased new BMW up buttercup park darndale

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭sexmag

That's bull. It references the old video.

Also the Regency attack which has nothing to do with this

Shotty journalism at its finest

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭Bigboldworld

Carioco wrote: »
    Thats strange. I know they have issues with Mr Big for ordering the murders of the Ryans but why specifically would the murder of KM set them off?

Doesn’t sound plausible for the ira to be concerned about this, and re ryan what i heard was that provos Actually sold him out to big, big wouldn’t have done that without getting the all clear he’s too smart for that

• Registered Users Posts: 16 gsxrcbrr1r6

The daily star has up the IRA want revenge for "Dublin teen" from drogheda Km

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭spider baby 172

Doesn’t sound plausible for the ira to be concerned about this, and re ryan what i heard was that provos Actually sold him out to big, big wouldn’t have done that without getting the all clear he’s too smart for that

That makes sense, there seemed to be zero pushback after either Ryan was killed. I'd say they were glad to be rid of him

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Sonny LoSpecchio

Shocking headlines = Sales!
    The IRA don't give to ****s about this kid his death has no effect on the money they take it from people

That makes sense, there seemed to be zero pushback after either Ryan was killed. I'd say they were glad to be rid of him

Yeah, there’s an article online on a republican site which goes into a lot of detail about what happened to ryan and it points to him crossing an ex provo commander who was making money from rackets that ryan was starting to threaten and within a few weeks he was dead, will post if i find it

• Site Banned Posts: 40 Benoconnor80

A formor provo gave the go ahead. He was at a meeting with Alan Ryan and a couple of major drug dealers. Ryan threatened to shoot them. The provo asked did the threat apply to him aswell. Ryan said it did. A few weeks later, Ryan was dead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭armaghlad

the IRA couldn't organise a shag in a whorehouse. i explained earlier why not, but i wont be going into it again.
    I’d say the IRA have next to no interest but if you think for one second they can’t organise someone to be disposed off you must have came up the boyne in a bubble

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭Mr.burgess

Drug dealers do not care about the ira these days they would laugh at them.

Mr.burgess wrote: »
    Drug dealers do not care about the ira these days they would laugh at them.

Provos are no laughing matter. The dealers in derry certainly don't laugh at raad. They haven't gone away either you know.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭enricoh

armaghlad wrote: »
    I’d say the IRA have next to no interest but if you think for one second they can’t organise someone to be disposed off you must have came up the boyne in a bubble

Larry reckons the sas killed them all!

I'd say the Sunday world will be loving this - they had the regency hotel attack n what followed milked dry at this stage and readers bored to tears with it!!

Provos are no laughing matter. The dealers in derry certainly don't laugh at raad. They haven't gone away either you know.

Are the dealers in derry as big and dangerous with money to burn like the lads down south have ? I watched a documentary on YouTube recently about them in derry and there kneecapping fools selling a bit of hash hardly the most dangerous of people

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Drog55

Gmck house boarded up and cops gone , sorry if already posted been following for some days now and just saw this

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭Ucntcme

they won't even try retaliate for their own mate's what makes you think their gonna do anything about this?

Are the dealers in derry as big and dangerous with money to burn like the lads down south have ? I watched a documentary on YouTube recently about them in derry and there kneecapping fools selling a bit of hash hardly the most dangerous of people

There's a reason why theyre not as big as the lads down south. They're not allowed.

Also, in the 70's, 80's and 90's the provos used to kick drug dealers / criminals out of Derry and Belfast. A lot of them ended up in Dundalk and Drogheda and is one of the reason for the high concentration of criminals there today.

Just for a example can you imagine any of them against the kinahan lot

The provisional ira fought the British army to a stalemate pal. I'm sure they could handle a few lads from the flats with a few quid.

The provisional ira fought the British army to a stalemate pal. I'm sure they could handle a few lads from the flats with a few quid.

That was the old crew who were obviously not to be fooked with im talking about todays version of them

There's a reason why theyre not as big as the lads down south. They're not allowed.

Also, in the 70's, 80's and 90's the provos used to kick drug dealers / criminals out of Derry and Belfast. A lot of them ended up in Dundalk and Drogheda and is one of the reason for the high concentration of criminals there today.

so you reckon if any of the major guys down here decided to move to Derry and were told to stop what their doing it would be just a simple "OK I'm sorry about that it won't happen again".. I'm sure the provos wouldn't mind being as powerful as they used to be in the south but i think they don't fancy going up against some of the people

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭sexmag

The kinahans are not a few lads from the flats with a few quid,they are international drugs traffickers with connections that reach far and wide

Just for a example can you imagine any of them against the kinahan lot

Not now but in a weird way the ira were best at policing the drug gangs here in the nineties and kept an order to it, they regularly bet up and abducted or sometimes murdered criminals in dublin, remember the marches against drug dealers in the inner city etc that was all backed up by the ira but now without them there it’s only the guards and these gangs around certainly aren’t afraid of the guards.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

The photographer isn't having a good time of it lately, between the shopping centre incident and now rowing back on today's victims being brothers. One text from an ex-colleague and he's pulling that trigger on twitter far too quickly.

Anyone with the time to spare got a good detailed story of the Ballymount incident many years back? Not much out there about it.

Not now but in a weird way the ira were best at policing the drug gangs here in the nineties and kept an order to it, they regularly bet up and abducted or sometimes murdered criminals in dublin, remember the marches against drug dealers in the inner city etc that was all backed up by the ira but now without them there it’s only the guards and these gangs around certainly aren’t afraid of the guards.
    i remember them use to go on them as a kid that actually worked backed then im not sure it would today as bullets be flying into the crowds.

Bateman wrote: »
    The photographer isn't having a good time of it lately, between the shopping centre incident and now rowing back on today's victims being brothers. One text from an ex-colleague and he's pulling that trigger on twitter far too quickly.

Anyone with the time to spare got a good detailed story of the Ballymount incident many years back? Not much out there about it.

https://theirishmob.com/the-ballymount-bloodbath/

• Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

We are now two decades into the 21st Century. You need to wise up and get with the times.

Effects wrote: »
    We are now two decades into the 21st Century. You need to wise up and get with the times.

Could be up and running again in under 6 months if the need arose. 21st century or no f**kin 21st century.

i remember them use to go on them as a kid that actually worked backed then im not sure it would today as bullets be flying into the crowds.

Yeah it’s hard to imagine now but they actually had patrols at night in certain flat complexes in the city where residents (and some provos) would guard the complex from dealers and would hunt them down, not too long ago but hard to imagine now

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Taysteee

5 ARU garda cars around coolock at the moment according to dublin garda checkpoints on facebook

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭redarmyblues

The youngest of the active Provisionals why didn't go Dissie are all over 50 now. Hard to see any of them coming out of retirement for something that's not a Belfast thing. Armagh does it's own thing like it always has done and will not get involved in anything outside of their own purview. I doubt the Derry Dissies could find Dublin on a map and the Derry Provies were on ceasefire for about a decade before it was official policy.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement