Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gangland Shootings Cont'd [Mod Note in Post #1 updated 27/01/20

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭redarmyblues

I think the so called Dublin Brigade of PIRA was stood down on the 80s.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Oswald Mosley

The IRA would get their arse handed to them if they were foolish enough to take on any drug gangs down here

• Site Banned Posts: 40 Benoconnor80

Come down on there Zimmer frames and walking sticks get the boat

Army Council still in place pal. Very easy to round up the local youth from Republican areas and organise the to fight once the structures are there. And they are.

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭Johndoe19

Mr.burgess wrote: »
    i remember them use to go on them as a kid that actually worked backed then im not sure it would today as bullets be flying into the crowds.

Let’s be realistic here for a second. If the Garda wanted to find every person selling at street level it wouldn’t be a problem. Follow any Junky around long enough they will lead you straight to their front door. Junkies are also used as informants so they don’t really need to follow them, just intimidate them and they will spill the beans. Now can you imagine some of the stuff these lads and lassies will be sprouting? Some will also point out that there are dodgy cops involved and that’s part of the reason they are never convicted and I 100% believe this.

The Garda also know that in most cases it’s not worth the hassle of doing this because the laws work in the favour of criminals.

As much as I don’t want this turning into a debate about the law, I do think it’s absolutely ridiculous that a person with more than X convictions is allowed to roam free on suspended sentences. There is no deterrent in that and whilst we can not compare ourselves to the US or even the UK for that matter, we should certainly have a long hard think about changing it up because it’s quite obvious the current system does not work.

Surely we can create a system that identifies criminals based on the specific crime level/rating vs number of previous convictions? Add to that some new gangland laws and we might get ourselves back on track...

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭RoosterCogburn

Army Council still in place pal. Very easy to round up the local youth from Republican areas and organise the to fight once the structures are there. And they are.

Rounding up the "local youth" and giving them weapons to take on the drugs gangs down here would be like sending lambs to slaughter,
    These lads live this life every day and have done so since their teens

• Advertisement

Let’s be realistic here for a second. If the Garda wanted to find every person selling at street level it wouldn’t be a problem. Follow any Junky around long enough they will lead you straight to their front door. Junkies are also used as informants so they don’t really need to follow them, just intimidate them and they will spill the beans. Now can you imagine some of the stuff these lads and lassies will be sprouting? Some will also point out that there are dodgy cops involved and that’s part of the reason they are never convicted and I 100% believe this.

The Garda also know that in most cases it’s not worth the hassle of doing this because the laws work in the favour of criminals.

As much as I don’t want this turning into a debate about the law, I do think it’s absolutely ridiculous that a person with more than X convictions is allowed to roam free on suspended sentences. There is no deterrent in that and whilst we can not compare ourselves to the US or even the UK for that matter, we should certainly have a long hard think about changing it up because it’s quite obvious the current system does not work.

Surely we can create a system that identifies criminals based on the specific crime level/rating vs number of previous convictions? Add to that some new gangland laws and we might get ourselves back on track...

Ah pal, this isn't a forum for solving the drug problems. This a crime discussion forum. One of the reasons this thread is so long is beacsue of big long posts of muck like that being posted.

Please be more respectful going forward.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,353 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Ah pal, this isn't a forum for solving the drug problems. This a crime discussion forum. One of the reasons this thread is so long is beacsue of big long posts of muck like that being posted.

If you have a problem with a post or poster report it and leave the modding to the mods

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭armaghlad

Not now but in a weird way the ira were best at policing the drug gangs here in the nineties and kept an order to it, they regularly bet up and abducted or sometimes murdered criminals in dublin, remember the marches against drug dealers in the inner city etc that was all backed up by the ira but now without them there it’s only the guards and these gangs around certainly aren’t afraid of the guards.
    The provos used to shoot drug dealers for fun up here ffs. Nobody got above their station. Though I wouldn’t rule out the dissies or INLA, they shot Jim Donegan last year. Also not uncommon to see lists of names publicly warning dealers to stop or be shot

Just trying to create content. The mods said that’s what the thread is for.

We owe it to our kids to do something about it now and whilst sitting here typing on a keyboard does f@ck all, do you really want this place turning into a warzone? Mini feuds happening everywhere and we still use the same BS system to control it.

armaghlad wrote: »
    The provos used to shoot drug dealers for fun up here ffs. Nobody got above their station. Though I wouldn’t rule out the dissies or INLA, they shot Jim Donegan last year. Also not uncommon to see lists of names publicly warning dealers to stop or be shot

Ya, jock Davison shot about 40 drug dealers. Was no messing up there.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,534 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

I've trawled through a few newspapers regarding today's shootings and arrests but haven't been able to find what I'm looking for.

Has there been a definitive timeline of events published? As in what time the shooting took place and how soon Gardai were on that scene?

humberklog wrote: »
    I've trawled through a few newspapers regarding today's shootings and arrests but haven't been able to find what I'm looking for.

Has there been a definitive timeline of events published? As in what time the shooting took place and how soon Gardai were on that scene?

This is not the Sunday world pal. But there are numerous summaries and videos now. Do a little reading. It’s there

• Registered Users Posts: 7,075 ✭✭✭Jeff2

I posted this yesterday and would not see that if not quoted.
    Jeff2 wrote: »
    On my phone I went to the bottom of the Touch screen and onto full site.

Then click on name of some posters posting post code cr@p to set to ignore. Works well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Whyteen82

Rounding up the "local youth" and giving them weapons to take on the drugs gangs down here would be like sending lambs to slaughter,
    These lads live this life every day and have done so since their teens

In fairness you are somewhat implying that the Dublin gangs and the IRA are somewhat proficient in the art of executions when all you hear is one botch job after another from the young lads in Dublin and the IRA have plenty of previous too. In gang/guerilla warfare I think it’s remiss to assume the RA couldn’t pop off a few of these young lads here and there, in as much as the young lads could also take some people down. The big difference between them is probably not their ability to kill but the fact that these young lads seem to not give a single shiny f**k about arrest, jail terms or even death. Either way a null argument I know as anything involving the IRA unlikely to materialize.

I posted this yesterday and would not see that is not quoted.

Ah yes, I think the post code episode was a real low point for the thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,075 ✭✭✭Jeff2

Ah yes, I think the post code episode was a real low point for the thread.

You miss the point.

Put on ignore people you don't won't to read posts from.

Summary of drogheda feud for anyone who didn't see it yesterday. Hope it's in right order.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,166 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

What’s the story with the flip flops?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Dante7

No. Dissies?

Read the thread of you want a definitive time line, it's all in there.

• Advertisement

Fr_Dougal wrote: »

Read the thread pal, very tiresome people coming in here asking questions that were answered pages back. On your bike.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,423 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

The IRA were decimated a few years back in Dublin by a massive garda operation.

All dead or behind bars.

The capability is there to finish any group off but the will isn't.

A lot of shady stuff us plebs will never know about.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Sunst

Whats the reason so many posters here seem to have a beef with the photographer?

Is it because some say he's an x Guard?

Or, are people jealous he seems to get all the pics so fast?
    Why don't you ask that fruit loop Vic (Kinahan passport) on twitter - she'll be happy to tell you all about Padraig.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,166 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

Read the thread pal, very tiresome people coming in here asking questions that were answered pages back. On your bike.

So you don’t know?

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Zs101

You miss the point.

Put on ignore people you don't won't to read posts from.

https://youtu.be/AfIOBLr1NDU

The IRA were decimated a few years back in Dublin by a massive garda operation.

All dead or behind bars.

The capability is there to finish any group off but the will isn't.

A lot of shady stuff us plebs will never know about.

Army council still there. Structures still there. Easy enough to raise a crowd of young republicans when they exist. Support is growing in republican areas for a return to armed struggle too.

Wouldn't take long to have them back up and running.

They never handed over all their weapons either.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,423 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

Army council still there. Structures still there. Easy enough to raise a crowd of young republicans when they exist. Support is growing in republican areas for a return to armed struggle too.

Wouldn't take long to have them back up and running.

They never handed over all their weapons either.

I said Dublin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭Duke of Url

They were in the photos supposedly of the murder but seems to be photos from something unrelated

• Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭Notdeco

So you don’t know?

Allegedly gym bag stolen with flip flops in it.
    I'll leave the rest out, you can join the dots yourself

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 DonBertie

Anyone know the name of the haulage company the two shooting victims from Dublin are linked to?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement