Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gangland Shootings Cont'd [Mod Note in Post #1 updated 27/01/20

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭Odelay

A punch in the nose isn't going to fix it for any of them though. You just have to mind your own business unless its your son/ daughter.

The war on drugs finally won thanks to young lad offering punches on the nose.

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭ElBastardo1

Odelay wrote: »
    The war on drugs finally won thanks to young lad offering punches on the nose.

Who knew it could be so simple? :pac:

I knew a lad who owed a few quid, ended up having to store 40Ks worth out his back garden to repay. Gardai got tipped off, raided his house and he did 4 years. He's now a shell of a man since then, He used to be really witty and clever. met him a few years back and he was just not at home. Sad, he was a decent fella. He fancied himself to be a bit of a hard man and it just didn't work for him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 874 ✭✭✭septictank

They never drank in Hanlons so id be surprised if its on there.

No idea where it is but I agree with you, it's hardly Hanlons, bit of history there aswell.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭Stevieluvsye

Depends who'll take them!

Obviously different but the afters for David Byrnes funeral were in the Belgard!

€20k cash handed over the bar for drinks all round.

Remember driving up the Belgard road that lunchtime and there were 3 check points which if you know the Belgard road would be seen as excessive

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭The Enbalmer

Who knew it could be so simple? :pac:

I knew a lad who owed a few quid, ended up having to store 40Ks worth out his back garden to repay. Gardai got tipped off, raided his house and he did 4 years. He's now a shell of a man since then, He used to be really witty and clever. met him a few years back and he was just not at home. Sad, he was a decent fella. He fancied himself to be a bit of a hard man and it just didn't work for him.

Fella I used to know was at the same game except he thought he was being smart doing rip-offs.

Word got back that he was stiffing people over their drugs and his mates shot him in the back of the head as he pissed in a field.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭not yet

city arms

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Tony Tucker

not yet wrote: »
    city arms

That was their spot but its not big enough for a Hutch funeral.

Fella I used to know was at the same game except he thought he was being smart doing rip-offs.

Word got back that he was stiffing people over their drugs and his mates shot him in the back of the head as he pissed in a field.

It happens all too often. You only have to owe these guys 200euro and they have you in their pocket. They can ask you to do whatever and you have to or you can get badly hurt. I lived in an old council estate, the amount of young lads and girls that died from drugs was shocking. The newspapers don't report on people dying from ODs, but they happen all the time. Most of them died from Heroin though, some really nice kids ended up slipping into it. I remember one lad who was 24 died in his sleep, his father was involved with Sinn Fein. The rumours went about, the IRA were coming in to clean the place up. Never happened.

The area I was from was only small, The Dunne family lived there though and are famous for bringing Heroin to Ireland. for an area of maybe 200 houses, we had people murdered, drive bys, maybe 50 junkies, Anti Drug marches, full scale riots, at least 2-3 deaths a year from drugs. Just imagine Finglas/ Talllght/ Blanch are 10 times the scale of this. How can the Government fix this? Legalisation IMO wont work either.

Cocaine and pills have a sexyness to it, people look the same the next day and can live a normal life. Just don't owe people money. I don't think Heroin is the problem it used to be back in the 80s/ 90s but that stuff destroyed families. You just don't recover from being a Heroin addict, its destroys your brain and it shows. No one sets out to being one of the walking zombies you see about town.

It happens all too often. You only have to owe these guys 200euro and they have you in their pocket. They can ask you to do whatever and you have to or you can get badly hurt. I lived in an old council estate, the amount of young lads and girls that died from drugs was shocking. The newspapers don't report on people dying from ODs, but they happen all the time. Most of them died from Heroin though, some really nice kids ended up slipping into it. I remember one lad who was 24 died in his sleep, his father was involved with Sinn Fein. The rumours went about, the IRA were coming in to clean the place up. Never happened.

The area I was from was only small, The Dunne family lived there though and are famous for bringing Heroin to Ireland. for an area of maybe 200 houses, we had people murdered, drive bys, maybe 50 junkies, Anti Drug marches, full scale riots, at least 2-3 deaths a year from drugs. Just imagine Finglas/ Talllght/ Blanch are 10 times the scale of this. How can the Government fix this? Legalisation IMO wont work either.

Cocaine and pills have a sexyness to it, people look the same the next day and can live a normal life. Just don't owe people money. I don't think Heroin is the problem it used to be back in the 80s/ 90s but that stuff destroyed families. You just don't recover from being a Heroin addict, its destroys your brain and it shows. No one sets out to being one of the walking zombies you see about town.

I remember it well although that was working for the Eastern Health Board on Parnell Road with the CWO's.

The area covered some really deprived drug riddled places at the time. We used to have to do house visits in places like Rutland Grove, Dolphin House, St Theresa's all around Donore avenue and the amount of times people would be flooding their own flats, houses to get a cheque for a replacement and you knew most of it was being spent on Drugs.

Very pleasant to deal with but was sad all the same.

Then you'd hear the stories about so and so being found dead from an OD. Was most prevalant especially in the flats in Theresa gardens

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭The Enbalmer

Then you'd hear the stories about so and so being found dead from an OD. Was most prevalant especially in the flats in Theresa gardens

Dunno what they call it in Ireland but a Hot Shot OD was very common in the US and Australia.
    Basically it was a killing of a person who was using IV drugs. You'd simply give them a bag of uncut heroin and they'd usually die from not being used to the purity.

Lots of guys got heroin habits in prison in the UK after mandatory testing for cannabis was I introduced. Cannabis would stay in your system for up to a month whereas heroin is gone after a day or so. Guys who normally smoked dope ended up getting strung out in prison and then ODing once they got a street deal which is 10x stronger than prison gear.

• Advertisement

Dunno what they call it in Ireland but a Hot Shot OD was very common in the US and Australia.
    Basically it was a killing of a person who was using IV drugs. You'd simply give them a bag of uncut heroin and they'd usually die from not being used to the purity.

Lots of guys got heroin habits in prison in the UK after mandatory testing for cannabis was I introduced. Cannabis would stay in your system for up to a month whereas heroin is gone after a day or so. Guys who normally smoked dope ended up getting strung out in prison and then ODing once they got a street deal which is 10x stronger than prison gear.

I'm not sure of what the statistics are but i always remember you'd see needles a lot more than you do today.

Maybe junkies are a bit more discreet

I'm not sure of what the statistics are but i always remember you'd see needles a lot more than you do today.

Heroin is no way as popular as it was in the 80s/ 90s. Teenagers see the damage, they may want a good time but they know heroin is a bad road. Junkies (I don't actually like using the term) become a laughing stock with teenagers. They become weak and are ridiculed. They become almost child like. No one thinks they have a great life. Coke is what they want.

on a side note:

I seen CAB target small time dealers recently, they arrived unannounced and took a 141 VW Golf off a lad. This is the stuff that hurts them. That crew in Fingal, Parker, Little, the lad shot in Darndale. If Gardai had the right to remove their Rolex's and the YSL bum bags that would drive them mad. They want the flashy stuff, but if your on the Dole, you shouldn't be able to afford that stuff. If the Gardai had the power to do this a low levels, you would see a reaction.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭IRE60

The area I was from was only small, The Dunne family lived there though and are famous for bringing Heroin to Ireland. for an area of maybe 200 houses, we had people murdered, drive bys, maybe 50 junkies, Anti Drug marches, full scale riots, at least 2-3 deaths a year from drugs. Just imagine Finglas/ Talllght/ Blanch are 10 times the scale of this.

Know it well - had a few mates up there, ran the gauntlet getting to their houses at times! That was indeed a small area blighted with gear.

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭Righteouswrong

Did hutch fly over for the funeral? I’d be surprised if he didn’t.

Did hutch fly over for the funeral? I’d be surprised if he didn’t.

Or did he drive! :)

IRE60 wrote: »
    Know it well - had a few mates up there, ran the gauntlet getting to their houses at times! That was indeed a small area blighted with gear.

When I lived there I just thought everywhere was like that. I also remember thinking that when you grew up you started to talk with slurred speech as normal. The reason was my Friends older brothers and sisters were taking Heroin. So I, being naive thought this was normal. there was a huge difference between people smoking and injecting Heroin. The lads that smoked it weren't as obvious.

what year would you have been knocking around up there? Houses are 400k in there now, crazy to think.

Surely if Gerry was back we would of heard by now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,155 ✭✭✭shanec1928

definitely not, had to listen to a junkie on the bus going on about collecting his score from the bathrooms in Houston at the weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭IRE60

what year would you have been knocking around up there? Houses are 400k in there now, crazy to think.

Would have been the early 80's! Was in school in c/t so knew a good few in the area.

Unfortunately I got on the radar of the Val's and Co and that was that - never carried 'odds' if I was around there!

House prices are mental there and more so on the Avenue - last about 3 weeks on the market - gone!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭gazzer

Probably be on in the City Arms on Prussia St.

• Advertisement

gazzer wrote: »
    Probably be on in the City Arms on Prussia St.

Someone said that earlier alright. Its a tiny place though and id expect a big turn out for this funeral. Probably a hotel and the die hards will be in the arms later on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,400 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Gardai surround the funeral of John Hutch but brother Gerry 'The Monk' not in attendance.

2a41c2e0ef.jpg

https://www.dublinlive.ie/news/dublin-news/the-monk-john-hutch-funeral-16632112

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

IRE60 wrote: »
    Would have been the early 80's! Was in school in c/t so knew a good few in the area.

Unfortunately I got on the radar of the Val's and Co and that was that - never carried 'odds' if I was around there!

House prices are mental there and more so on the Avenue - last about 3 weeks on the market - gone!

Not many of the Vals left, seen Ed V was in a Prison Doc a few years back.

Seems to be a quiet area now when i drive though. 20 years since I moved out of there.

Gardai surround the funeral of John Hutch but brother Gerry 'The Monk' not in attendance.

2a41c2e0ef.jpg

https://www.dublinlive.ie/news/dublin-news/the-monk-john-hutch-funeral-16632112

The picture tells a story. Complete wipe out of that family.

Who in there right mind would turn up to one of their funerals, nearly gaurenteed to have your mug in the paper/on line

fcuk that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭pablo128

The picture tells a story. Complete wipe out of that family.

Relax there. Only 3 of them were killed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

Last Hutch funeral was in O'Tooles or Parnells GAA club I think

TheKid2019 wrote: »
    4 wore killed. Gary, Eddie, Gareth and Derek. Now he's died too.

Is that you Dirk :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭pablo128

TheKid2019 wrote: »
    4 wore killed. Gary, Eddie, Gareth and Derek. Now he's died too.

He died of natural causes. But you are right, 4 were killed. Not exactly a wipeout.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

pablo128 wrote: »
    He died of natural causes. But you are right, 4 were killed. Not exactly a wipeout.
    4 members of one family killed for crime not a complete wipe out, but it is pretty much a drubbing in my book.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement