Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gangland Shootings Cont'd [Mod Note in Post #1 updated 27/01/20

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭Littleredcar

Anyone know who is being questioned for the swords shooting

Very true, seems a very messy situation for him to involve himself in, this is an amateur job by all accounts and hes probably the most experienced hitman in the country, it makes sense to blame the nutcase from Dublin

It likely that he isn’t involved and the other two framed him with the pic sent out saying rip Richie brother and won’t rob a mans flip flops again and being dropped off in coolock. Because it was amateur. Especially the way they took pics and videos and 1 of 2 other suspects both from drogheda would be very likely to do soemthing like that, they coulda just dropped the bag of in coolock then to make it look even more like his work. not saying it’s not your man from Dublin just saying it is possible he was framed

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Horizontal smile

Granny15 wrote: »
    Any word on the whereabouts of Aiden Gavin?

hes with bundy and mary

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Thoe_von

Fedcba321 wrote: »
    It likely that he isn’t involved and the other two framed him with the pic sent out saying rip Richie brother and won’t rob a mans flip flops again and being dropped off in coolock. Because it was amateur. Especially the way they took pics and videos and 1 of 2 other suspects both from drogheda would be very likely to do soemthing like that, they coulda just dropped the bag of in coolock then to make it look even more like his work. not saying it’s not your man from Dublin just saying it is possible he was framed

That photo came from a random twitter account and wasnt KM. screengrabbed from a video and snapchat font added.the account got deleted soon after

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Dorans Pride

• Advertisement

As in the same coolock boys that mulready ran with?

He ran with finglas boys for the 100th time

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭Alliance123

• Closed Accounts Posts: 693 ✭✭✭The Satanist

You are spot on, they were completely compromised/defeated. a spent force. I know it's not a popular thing to say, but we've been spoon fed this "undefeated army" nonsense so many irish have actually swallowed it.

for folk who don't know they need to read up a bit on things.
    They could start with FRU, and also UVF (especially the Glenanne gang). then look at RUC shoot to kill, & SAS operations in Armagh, Fermanagh, & Tyrone,
    all were instrumental in defeating them, and forcing them to the negotiating table.
    dont forget Freddie Scapp and anyone but some delusional drunk realises it was game, set & match to HM Crown forces.

the Brits allowed them a face-saving "negotiated peace" and they took it.

Someone's been watching too much BBC Spotlight.

Remember this, the Provos could deliver a couple of tonnes of explosives into the heart of London or Manchester, racking up a £1bn bill for the brits with minimal casualties. The side saving face isn't who you were told it was.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭bmcc10

Daily Mirror reporting that the IRA have threatened revenge from Belfast for the murder of Keane Mulready-Woods. A video is circulating apparently.

Good journalism. There was a video on Youtube with some fella claiming be from Falls road in a fake Belfast accent but it was for someone in Bay Estate Dundalk not remotely related.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭Lashes28

Has anyone ever been arrested over either of the murders in Drogheda?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭Alliance123

Someone's been watching too much BBC Spotlight.

Remember this, the Provos could deliver a couple of tonnes of explosives into the heart of London or Manchester, racking up a £1bn bill for the brits with minimal casualties. The side saving face isn't who you were told it was.

The Ra blew up Manchester. Best thing happened it according to the locals and it saw lots of new development. Was neglected before then

• Registered Users Posts: 44 CrashH16

Anybody hear anything about the shooting in Clare last night? Apparently two people wounded. Sixmilebridge.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 20 Jo Kaine

Could be Connected to limerick gangs. Seems theyre all fighting over the supply of coke.

Is that right? Tell me what you heard or who's fighting who in Limerick. You're a man in the know alright aren't ya with you IRA Army councils and sh1t to Limerick turf. Lob it up there, man... no need for names just what the score is in Limerick these days

• Registered Users Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭myshirt

CrashH16 wrote: »
    Anybody hear anything about the shooting in Clare last night? Apparently two people wounded. Sixmilebridge.

Someone posted about it earlier. It was an argument over some stolen sheep apparently.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 20 Jo Kaine

Looks like Mr O'Connor deserves an apology

for what? it was all over twatter and the gun still smoking

• Registered Users Posts: 44 CrashH16

myshirt wrote: »
    Someone posted about it earlier. It was an argument over some stolen sheep apparently.

My bad. Thanks though.

armaghlad wrote: »
    The provos used to shoot drug dealers for fun up here ffs. Nobody got above their station. Though I wouldn’t rule out the dissies or INLA, they shot Jim Donegan last year. Also not uncommon to see lists of names publicly warning dealers to stop or be shot

What was he shot for. His brother was living in drogheda , People said he helped clean up evidence in the murder of that young man in dunleer ,his cafe got bricked because of it it’s closed now

Army council still there. Structures still there. Easy enough to raise a crowd of young republicans when they exist. Support is growing in republican areas for a return to armed struggle too.

Wouldn't take long to have them back up and running.

They never handed over all their weapons either.
    Never mind unlikely going to happen It’s not going to happen full stop and pointless talking about it to be honest it’s nearly as bad as posters asking same questions over again

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Horizontal smile

This thread has become awful, back in thje day you'd have Omar little come on and boys who actually knew the players and the situation and it was always kept about gangland shootings. There was very little speculation and NEVER any trolling and Since this KM murder its full of muppets trying to get 2 years of info in 20 mins. (keep the IRA ****e away from here until they shoot someone).

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭horsebox1977

You are spot on, they were completely compromised/defeated. a spent force. I know it's not a popular thing to say, but we've been spoon fed this "undefeated army" nonsense so many irish have actually swallowed it.

for folk who don't know they need to read up a bit on things.
    They could start with FRU, and also UVF (especially the Glenanne gang). then look at RUC shoot to kill, & SAS operations in Armagh, Fermanagh, & Tyrone,
    all were instrumental in defeating them, and forcing them to the negotiating table.
    dont forget Freddie Scapp and anyone but some delusional drunk realises it was game, set & match to HM Crown forces.

the Brits allowed them a face-saving "negotiated peace" and they took it.

Complete and utter tripe of the highest order.

The Brits knew they couldn't and wouldn't defeat the IRA, likewise the IRA couldn't defeat the Brits.

Adams was looking for a political approach to the war as far back as 72, with meetings with British gov in 72 and a temporary ceasefire to follow.

Sure they finished up with one of the biggest bombs to have occurred in England wit the Canary Warf bomb ffs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭ballsdeep69

CrashH16 wrote: »

There still running,

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Dorans Pride

Jo Kaine wrote: »
    for what? it was all over twatter and the gun still smoking

I quote theballz;

"Where is source of shooting from Clare Niall?
    You made the whole thing up and posted it on twitter too trying to get followers.

You are not a reporter. You are a fake."

• Registered Users Posts: 11 throwaway2020

Thoe_von wrote: »
    That photo came from a random twitter account and wasnt KM. screengrabbed from a video and snapchat font added.the account got deleted soon after

And what about the audio recording, reported in Dublin Live?

"A video recording of the call from the notorious criminal to his terrified victim is now circulating. He threatened my friend and we have it on video. He said he was going to put a bullet in his head and you can hear him saying it."

Is that true? Is there a video going around?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Thoe_von

And what about the audio recording, reported in Dublin Live?

"A video recording of the call from the notorious criminal to his terrified victim is now circulating. He threatened my friend and we have it on video. He said he was going to put a bullet in his head and you can hear him saying it."

Is that true? Is there a video going around?

I've no idea i never seen it. but by now id assume everything thats been shared around is bs

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Dundalkian

Well Paul Reynolds is fairly confident in who done it anyway. https://www.rte.ie/news/crime/2020/0117/1108136-mulready-woods-drogheda/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭Banana Republic.

Dundalkian wrote: »
    Well Paul Reynolds is fairly confident in who done it anyway. https://www.rte.ie/news/crime/2020/0117/1108136-mulready-woods-drogheda/

That's a fairly detailed column by Reynolds for anyone looking for a run down of what's happening, weather it's fact or not, who knows.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭sexmag

That's a fairly detailed column by Reynolds for anyone looking for a run down of what's happening, weather it's fact or not, who knows.

I agree without naming names I was able to identify who he was referring too, pretty decent run down, just like the video from the lad in Birmingham

sexmag wrote: »
    I agree without naming names I was able to identify who he was referring too, pretty decent run down, just like the video from the lad in Birmingham

Gives a bit of clarity to the thread here actually, that video was fairly good too in fairness. It's a complex thing to understand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭Duke of Url

sexmag wrote: »

Yep. He’s describing the video on YouTube that was highlighted yesterday. But he’s also suggesting the young lad who was murdered was suspected to be the guy doing the recording
    Gardaí suspect but have not confirmed that 17-year-old Mulready-Woods was also there that day holding the mobile phone and recording the attack.

• Advertisement

Yep. He’s describing the video on YouTube that was highlighted yesterday. But he’s also suggesting the young lad who was murdered was suspected to be the guy doing the recording

I thought that too here last night but I got toasted for it lol

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement