Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gangland Shootings Cont'd [Mod Note in Post #1 updated 27/01/20

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭Johndoe19

I wouldn’t follow in his footsteps and get myself killed if that’s what you mean.

If every son that had a murdered father looked for revenge, Dublin would be in a much worst place than it is now.

Not saying they all look for revenge but some do, especially when their father was murdered in Cold blood by a person that was supposedly his mate!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭Banana Republic.

Regardless though, nobody deserves an end like that young lad got.

We can speculate all day as to why he died, but the fact of the matter is that he didn’t deserve to meet an end like that regardless of what he done.

I seen the video of him rapping in a previous post and it’s shocking how such a young kid in that video could meet an end like he did only a few years later.

It’s sad how vicious it’s going and to be honest nobody will be a winner in the end, not one of them from either side!

people used to get involved in crime to make money to (not condoning it) but they did!

Today it’s not money that fuels it, it’s ego!

Damaging a mans ego today is 100x worst than muscling in on his territory!

The cycle will continue like it always has, todays man will one day become yesterday’s man if he can survive as long to see it happen, I cannot think of one person involved in crime over all the years that got to retire with there wealth in a carefree environment.

If only the young lads could realise it is all for nothing!!!

Because in the end, what’s certain for ALL of them is one of the following 3.... they will either lose all they grafted for (money) to cab, lose there freedom or there life!
    In reality all 3, the age is lowering for survival from gangs but nobody is around them to make these sensible arguments. Once in there's no way out, just on borrowed time and which way they get taken out depends on what's happened before and what actions that have led them to be targeted.

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭declanleo

The focus will be on the stopping people murdering each other, like when they tried to halt the Hutch-Kinehan murders. What they really should be looking at is kids/teenagers entering into the world of criminality.

It all starts with low level anti social behaviour and moments when they learn thelat no matter how bad they are, there are no repercussions for their actions. The last 10 years have been a result of the softly-softly approach. Garda admitting that they don't pursue any actions of crimes committed by U18s.

Something needs to be done about feral children. And it's not investing in "facilities for the youth" because that has been proven to be a complete and utter failure.

Facilities for youths are a huge reason there aren't more kids involved in criminality. It is far from a failure.
    There will always be criminals no matter how much money governments throw at crime.

Fedcba321 wrote: »
    How did they turn an eye for keith. Not saying they didn’t just never heard that before so just wondering how they did

They were given a warning that morning and ignored it. Parked in Termonfeckin as it was happening.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭Bigboldworld

If it’s true that the perpetrator is who everyone is saying it is then surely he’d have to flee the country otherwise i imagine he won’t have much time left, might let it settle down for a while but you can see what’s coming six months a year down the line out of nowhere, his enemies won’t ever forget this

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭jay1988

If it’s true that the perpetrator is who everyone is saying it is then surely he’d have to flee the country otherwise i imagine he won’t have much time left, might let it settle down for a while but you can see what’s coming six months a year down the line out of nowhere, his enemies won’t ever forget this

He doesn't give a ****, he was in McDonalds in northside on Thursday afternoon smiling from ear to ear, looked like a man without a care in the world.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭Bigboldworld

jay1988 wrote: »
    He doesn't give a ****, he was in McDonalds in northside on Thursday afternoon smiling from ear to ear, looked like a man without a care in the world.

Well then his time might be shorter than i said in my post, plenty of psychos in the graveyard

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭Tootsie_1

Is anyone willing to lay this out for me with out lynching me for asking ? 413 pages is a lot to read through to try catch up. If not then please don't respond some replies on here seem less than friendly and Im just trying to educate myself on the situation not trying to annoy people on the thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,534 ✭✭✭Chalk McHugh

jay1988 wrote: »

I heard he was even in his local enjoying some finger food.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭sexmag

Tootsie_1 wrote: »
    Is anyone willing to lay this out for me with out lynching me for asking ? 413 pages is a lot to read through to try catch up. If not then please don't respond some replies on here seem less than friendly and Im just trying to educate myself on the situation not trying to annoy people on the thread.

This should be sticked at the first post

https://www.rte.ie/news/crime/2020/0117/1108136-mulready-woods-drogheda/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 throwaway2020

Tootsie_1 wrote: »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Ht8_Kf6kFc

spend the the 12 minutes watching this.
    It's pretty much spot on.
    And cuts out all the fluff on this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭afro man

nthclare wrote: »
    Any word on what happened in Sixmilebridge?

The garda station is right in the village, I seen a clip on YouTube recently and the estate where the altercation happened was a stone throw from the barracks.

There's a lot of things stirring up all over the country, hopefully it'll calm down and its at its peak.

Don't think it related seems to be feud between travelling community

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Syndic

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Ht8_Kf6kFc

spend the the 12 minutes watching this.
    It's pretty much spot on.
    And cuts out all the fluff on this thread.

Am I the only one that thinks that video is awful? Seen so many posters praise it. I'm annoyed at myself for spending 12 minutes watching it.

Syndic wrote: »
    Am I the only one that thinks that video is awful? Seen so many posters praise it. I'm annoyed at myself for spending 12 minutes watching it.

Its praised for bein accurate!
    What's your problem with it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 615 ✭✭✭Letwin_Larry

I heard he was even in his local enjoying some finger food.

whose fingers i wonder?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭sexmag

I thought it was very good,puts faces and names (bar one error) and he was respectful to the families involved and the gardai

sexmag wrote: »
    I thought it was very good,puts faces and names (bar one error) and he was respectful to the families involved and the gardai

It's just a messy summary of internet speculation. I suppose it might help people who aren't familiar with certain figures and names and where they fit in.

It's just a messy summary of internet speculation. I suppose it might help people who aren't familiar with certain figures and names and where they fit in.

It ties in with what Reynolds has written on RTE plus yea I agree it does familiarise ppl about the players, seems to be very much naming one particular person and the Facebook page has the same person on pictures.

It's actually pretty much spot on.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,534 ✭✭✭Chalk McHugh

Okay so discredit everything he says because he gets a picture wrong and cant pronounce names, meanwhile have back and forth conversations with disillusion people and people claiming to be in the know on here....makes sense.

chap may be a brit and butcher are beautiful irish place names but he has the story pretty much spot on

It was ok. Thats about all.

• Advertisement

Okay so discredit everything he says because he gets a picture wrong and cant pronounce names, meanwhile have back and forth conversations with disillusion people and people claiming to be in the know on here....makes sense.

chap may be a brit and butcher are beautiful irish place names but he has the story pretty much spot on

My point is that he's summarising speculation on this thread and things people are spreading on WhatsApp. There is no facts. And you can't say he has it spot on because you believe he has, none of us know for sure.

You can't say people on here are talking bs but this video and Paul Reynolds' summary is accurate because you believe them to be reputable. They are using this thread as a source!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 20 Jo Kaine

ardinn wrote: »
    Is that sonya wan in the video of yer man and the other lad in the wheelchair havin the phone bants? Blue hair gives here away.

Yep. She's a sexy looking moth in fairness. There'll be lads lining up there soon enough once Crosby is written into the history books. Yup.

My point is that he's summarising speculation on this thread and things people are spreading on WhatsApp. There is no facts. And you can't say he has it spot on because you believe he has, none of us know for sure.

You can't say people on here are talking bs but this video and Paul Reynolds' summary is accurate because you believe them to be reputable. They are using this thread as a source!
    "None of us know for sure" is the truest thing I've seen on this thread so anyone who guesses or tries to work it out shouldn't be vilified, everyone loves to play a bit of detective but naming names isn't the right thing to do though if ppl aren't in the know.

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭Littleredcar

headnorth wrote: »
    Yeah, the Ruthless hitman was up giving his ex crap while she was up at the school waiting to collect a few weeks back

I have kids in the area please tell me which school pm if necessary

***THREAD WARNING, MUST-READ***

I think a few things need to be cleared up here before I can allow this thread to continue. As you will have read in the opening post there are mod warnings not to post names or initials. I have deleted literally hundreds of posts attributing murders and other crimes to people (via their initials) that they have not been convicted of. That needs to stop immediately.

If you are posting a new piece of breaking news, include a source. Sources are news articles or tweets from reputable journalists, nothing else. Include the link if you are copying text from a story - if you have too few posts to include a link, cool your jets, someone else will post it shortly.

"I'm being told it was..."
    "So and so on Facebook posted that...
    "Tweet by someone says..."
    "Got a Whatsapp about..."
    "My neighbours aunty's fella said..."

None of these are reliable news sources, please do not post them here as if they were. Using the words 'apparently' or 'I heard that' etc. doesn't take away from the fact that it's probably bull.

Users, particularly new ones who are telling others 'that's not what this thread is for'...actually, political views, solutions to the wider social issues being discussed are exactly what this thread, forum and site are for, it's a discussion site not a gossip swap so if you don't want to get invovled in those aspects of the discussion, skip on to the next post but don't presume to know what the thread is or is not for. If you genuinely think something is off-topic, report it don't respond.

"This is great advertising for Boards, look at all those views, they'll never close this thread". Wrong. The number of companies queuing up to advertise on a thread about drug dealers and murderers is exactly zero and that is not going to change. I will have no problem closing and removing the thread if people persist in naming names, posting unfounded rumours or trying to get around the naming names.

There are a large number of genuine posters who are following these news stories and are interested in discussing things as they are reported so the thread is being kept open for these people. Please report any posts that violate these thread rules or any site rules to keep it that way :)

Thanks all.

Mods are doing their own clean-up of the thread so I've left it closed but they will re-open when their review is complete.

This needs to be pinned to the top of the thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭Ucntcme

All these kids walking round in the best of gear should be targeted by cab, age means **** all its proseeds of crime! These kids see the boys in best of gear and this is how it starts half of these kids are from families with noting, should be in dunnes clothes not top of the line stuff,

trying to impress people on Instagram and all these other social media sites and doing an apprenticeship wont get this designer gear quick enough.. sad to see really

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭jay1988

Well then his time might be shorter than i said in my post, plenty of psychos in the graveyard

Very true, be very few tears shed around these parts when it does happen.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 601 ✭✭✭Haladmirer

Dunnes stores has gone upmarket
    It's worked for them too
    Hard to pull off changing a brand like that
    But to keep this post on track I see Gilligan style takedown coming
    RL,pc and the rest will be with your man meehan in the basement of the joy soon enough, evidence or not

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 601 ✭✭✭Haladmirer

Dunnes stores has gone upmarket
    It's worked for them too
    Hard to pull off changing a brand like that
    But to keep this post on track I see Gilligan style takedown coming
    RL,pc and the rest will be with your man meehan in the basement of the joy soon enough, evidence or not

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 615 ✭✭✭Letwin_Larry

Johndoe19 wrote: »
    The top of every page at this rate plus a note on repetitive questions or requesting summaries :-(

maybe if peopl just read this article, then they could get up to speed fairly quickly.

https://www.rte.ie/news/crime/2020/0117/1108136-mulready-woods-drogheda/

"His new life has been made more difficult for him by the continuing taunts and threats to him from rival gangsters which clearly display the absence of any sense of empathy, decency, morality or remorse."
    talk about stating the bleedin obvious:rolleyes:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement