Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gangland Shootings Cont'd [Mod Note in Post #1 updated 27/01/20

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭pablo128

Even the guards giving them a good thumping in the station would make a huge difference.

The guards pick up a 16 year old dealer, bring him into a room and the bejaysus is kicked out of him, will think twice about dealing again.

Any questions asked, sweep it under the carpet. Guards would deny everything, nobody would believe the young pip squeak.

When that happened in the late 80s when the cops did that to people in my area including myself, they got bricked out of it while they were driving around. It solves nothing only makes young people hate Gardai more.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭Banana Republic.

Muahahaha wrote: »
    From the RTE article it seems the Gardai have got a lot of forensic evidence from the house, not surprising they were in there for a week

Other media reported that there was about half a dozen assailants on Mulready inside the house. Thats a lot of DNA that might be left behind, even though they did a deep clean it only takes a trace to put them at the scene of the crime. The machetes and the car might show up DNA too. I wonder will we be seeing arrests next week?
    So they have the weapons used in the attack? Like I said previously it's the other body part they need to find out cause of death to really get the full picture of the events.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Zs101

Even the guards giving them a good thumping in the station would make a huge difference.

The guards pick up a 16 year old dealer, bring him into a room and the bejaysus is kicked out of him, will think twice about dealing again.

Any questions asked, sweep it under the carpet. Guards would deny everything, nobody would believe the young pip squeak.

You can bet your bottom dollar some guards would give them a good beating. Thing is some of these fellas probably see it as a badge of honour

• Registered Users Posts: 22 yellabelly20

If the guards did that they’d be sacked and there’d be loads of social justice warriors on here on a new thread shouting about human rights breeches.
    Beating young lads never worked, it just made them angry and worse.

From a very young age, these lads have never seen guards in a positive light. Hassling their family members from when they are kids based on their estate. It would make them a whole pile worse if they started to bate the ****e out of every 16 year old every time they were found with a bag of weed.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 AnySmokes?

Muahahaha wrote: »
    From the RTE article it seems the Gardai have got a lot of forensic evidence from the house, not surprising they were in there for a week

Other media reported that there was about half a dozen assailants on Mulready inside the house. Thats a lot of DNA that might be left behind, even though they did a deep clean it only takes a trace to put them at the scene of the crime. The machetes and the car might show up DNA too. I wonder will we be seeing arrests next week?
    The problem there is that just because a persons dna is found on the property it doesn't definitely prove they were present or involved in the murder.

They could've been chilling in the house two days before hand. Dna isn't the gospel of evidence it's made out to be.

Even dna found on a murder weapon such as a knife can be inconclusive, just look at the Amanda Knox case.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭Ucntcme

Mr.burgess wrote: »
    These lads are wearing seconds there called from dhl gate your mad if you think they would waste money on a jacket fir 900 when you can get a second with a slight mistake in it for less tham quarter of the price

i doubt it they would probably rather get locked up for murder rather than their mates finding out they bought knocked off clothes from china

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Hughesryan891

Johndoe19 wrote: »
    Exactly. The term “Gang” is something I think anyone with any insight laugh at. They are all mates but most of them are one man bandits and most of the killings are purely down to money or a tit for tat that just gets out of control.

Plenty of personal disputes in this area over the last 20 years and it will last for a lot longer but to say there is only one feud in Coolock would be a massive understatement.

Yes, 100%. There are no gangs. May club together to buy a shipment, but that's about it.

The Instagram pics are a load of crap too. In the end the only people who will hit bac for these guys when they are taken out is their family.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 20 Jo Kaine

You're deluded if you think the cops don't be thumping young lads like that and in a lot of cases thumping young lads for things not near as serious. I got my fair share of hidings from them in my younger days. It doesn't make a bit of difference either, apart from making them hate the cops more.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭Ucntcme

Dublin live are reporting that the IRA could get involved after the KM murder.. LOL unbelievable isn't it well done guys haha

• Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭starbaby2003

Ucntcme wrote: »
    i doubt it they would probably rather get locked up for murder rather than their mates finding out they bought knocked off clothes from china

LOL. Sad thing is, it’s probably true.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 1Hitta5

If I was a gang leader I’d sent about 5 hitmen out at once get rid of the ***** all in one night

• Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭TheW1zard

Its all kicking off here in Mount Merrion. Just saw a car getting clamped, owner is going mad and threatened the guy with his lawyer

• Registered Users Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭Jizique

1Hitta5 wrote: »
    If I was a gang leader I’d sent about 5 hitmen out at once get rid of the ***** all in one night

Michael Corleone style

• Registered Users Posts: 6,963 ✭✭✭circadian

TheW1zard wrote: »
    Its all kicking off here in Mount Merrion. Just saw a car getting clamped, owner is going mad and threatened the guy with his lawyer

Shades of Paths to Freedom.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 615 ✭✭✭Letwin_Larry

Thesiger wrote: »
    It was said in this thread a while back that Davis was set up to be killed by one of the guys rumored to have been arrested beside the burnt out car from yesterday’s shooting. This guy was targeted in Donaghmede in early September but escaped.

It’s not clear at all if any of those incidents are linked to the other Coolock murders, and it seems unlikely they’ve anything to do with Drogheda. From what I gather, the term “Coolock feud” is misleading, there seems to be a number of different, though in some ways overlapping, disputes fueling violence in the area.

well if that's the case, then the Gardaí are only awaiting a thumbs up from forensics, and they'll be lifted.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Executioner511

See them in Dublin Airport - him and the missus there with the Gucci handbags and Louis Vuitton gear bags! They are as real as ya get.

CAB is going to take anything worth of them if they clearly couldn't buy it (~u25) so they can't buy an X5 or a house, they don't have the cop on anyways as they are too busy thinking they are invincible!
    Any wannabe Gangsta that wears a man bag needs to seriously address their career choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Zs101

Any wannabe Gangsta that wears a man bag needs to seriously address their career choice.

To address your comment I would say you executed that brilliantly sir. Well played.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 693 ✭✭✭The Satanist

They used to do that regularly, most of the kids they'd batter were 14-16 year old smartarses. Thankfully cctv and camera phones put a stop to most of it. They'd drag them into the grounds of Belcamp or Chanel Colleges and kick the **** out of them. Wouldn't do it to real hardmen though, and we all know why lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,682 ✭✭✭monty_python

Any update on the IRA involvement? Is it even credible?

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭d51984

The IRA thing came from that clown on youtube pretending to be from Falls road. A bigger clown from Dublin Live seen it, put 2 and 2 together and got 5.

Its a disgrace Joe!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 693 ✭✭✭The Satanist

Any update on the IRA involvement? Is it even credible?

No and no.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,935 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

d51984 wrote: »
    The IRA thing came from that clown on youtube pretending to be from Falls road. A bigger clown from Dublin Live seen it, put 2 and 2 together and got 5.

Ffs. That was a young Traveller from Dundalk.
    The journalists are losing the plot.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,656 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

AnySmokes? wrote: »
    The problem there is that just because a persons dna is found on the property it doesn't definitely prove they were present or involved in the murder.

They could've been chilling in the house two days before hand. Dna isn't the gospel of evidence it's made out to be.

Even dna found on a murder weapon such as a knife can be inconclusive, just look at the Amanda Knox case.

ah yeah DNA isnt the be all and end all. But if some evidence is found at a crime scene its enough for the Gardai to bring you in for questioning to 'eliminate you from their enquiries'

If its true that there were six assailants in the house killing and chopping up the victim that leaves a lot of chances that they didnt clean up right. Presumably the Gardai already have the fingerprints of most of these guys from previous convictions too.

Maybe nothing will come of it but from the RTE report it doesnt look like it was well planned and executed. The fact they tried to clean it up yet there was still lots of blood around suggests they gave up mid job and got out of there, only stopping to hurriedly burn their clothes in the back yard. The Gardai spending the best part of a week on the crime scene suggests there was a lot there to record. If the job had of gone to plan the Gardai wouldnt even know where the crime scene is right now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭Jimmy McGill

d51984 wrote: »

Dublin Live et all make a **** load of money through advertising. Every click on a sensationalist headline is money to them.

We must've had about 2,000 WORST WINTERS IN RECORDED HISTORY since October according to them

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 601 ✭✭✭Haladmirer

The IRA do **** all
    Let dealers murder their own in front of the nation and done ****ing nothing.jokes

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,353 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Johndoe19 wrote: »
    This needs to be pinned to the top of the thread.
    It's now in the OP

I've just deleted over 100 posts from today ignoring the warnings in the OP (and Niamh's warning from yesterday), and dished out a dozen or so cards for ignoring these warnings

Can everyone pay heed, because the sanctions are only going to escalate if you don't

As always, please PM me if anyone has any questions - do not respond to this warning in-thread

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭2thousand14

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/garda-probe-if-iranian-gangland-victim-was-shot-dead-with-gun-owned-by-murdered-man-38169221.html

"As the investigation into the three murders continues, detectives are probing if a "reckless teenager" from Darndale was involved in two of the three slayings.

This teenager was a very close associate of David 'Fred' Lynch (26) who was shot four times in the head with a 9mm calibre semi-automatic pistol in March, 2009, by a gangland figure who is currently in jail for other offences"

This teenage "associate" is also involved in the Drogheda feud correct?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭sexmag

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/garda-probe-if-iranian-gangland-victim-was-shot-dead-with-gun-owned-by-murdered-man-38169221.html

"As the investigation into the three murders continues, detectives are probing if a "reckless teenager" from Darndale was involved in two of the three slayings.

This teenager was a very close associate of David 'Fred' Lynch (26) who was shot four times in the head with a 9mm calibre semi-automatic pistol in March, 2009, by a gangland figure who is currently in jail for other offences"

Associate since 2009? Even this person is 19 they would have been 8 then?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭sexmag

Great thanks for clarifying i know who it is now

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭pablo128

That article is saying he was suspected of shooting Jordan Davis. A lad from Tallaght has been arrested and charged with that hit.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/courts/district-court/man-28-charged-with-murder-of-jordan-davis-in-darndale-1.3935722%3Fmode%3Damp&ved=2ahUKEwjJo_rX_43nAhVNURUIHbuODusQFjAAegQIAxAB&usg=AOvVaw0-Q7IaTMVeYejMxjqZoWwL&ampcf=1

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement