Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gangland Shootings Cont'd [Mod Note in Post #1 updated 27/01/20

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭jbt123

Long time lurker here and this is my first time posting.

I think I read somewhere, perhaps even in the MSM that Keane M. was given a GIM that his life was under threat including the threat of dismemberment.

How would the Guards come across this information? A Confidential Informer? Or by just picking up on whisperings on the street?

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭Righteouswrong

I find it incredible the Sunday world has Robbie lawlors mug on the front page. The would have gotten the go ahead from the guards to print that, I wonder if they are trying to push him to do something stupid, like move the torso and catch him in the act.

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭GolfNut33

I find it incredible the Sunday world has Robbie lawlors mug on the front page. The would have gotten the go ahead from the guards to print that, I wonder if they are trying to push him to do something stupid, like move the torso and catch him in the act.

Why would a news paper need the go ahead from the Gardai?

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭2thousand14

GolfNut33 wrote: »

So they don't f*** up an investigation

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭Righteouswrong

GolfNut33 wrote: »

He hasn’t been charged or even questioned I don’t think, letting the world know he is a suspect for it could **** up the investigation. Hence why we can’t even write initials on this and rightly so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭White lighting

Surely now that the papers name him, he will complain he can't get a fair trail and get off again?

Or will this go to the Criminal Court?

No because it's way the paper word it. They will never say it's him they will say his mob or associate and by doing that it's enough.to cover themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭starbaby2003

Sindo have done a brilliant write up. Very humanising towards Keane. I feel very sad after reading it. Hammers home how young he was. Also the sheer terror his family must have felt whilst not whitewashing his past. https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/a-deadly-darkness-keane-mulready-woods-last-call-home-and-the-violent-end-of-a-boy-lost-to-deadly-grip-of-brutal-gangs-38874000.html

• Registered Users Posts: 961 ✭✭✭conor05

Any chance of copy and paste full indo article? It’s looking for sign-up

conor05 wrote: »

You’re not allowed, sorry. It’s not a paywall though so you can just use any email.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 601 ✭✭✭Haladmirer

Mad SW named ruthless
    Is there anything actually linking him to this murder apart from speculation?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Stooped

Someone posted it on /r/ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 55,716 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Mods...if not allowed I will delete:

Keane Mulready-Woods was a child of a lost generation, ensnared in a web of serious crime, writes Maeve Sheehan

Keane Mulready-Woods spoke to his mother for the last time soon after 6pm last Sunday. He rang to say he would be home late and asked her to leave money on the mantelpiece to pay the taxi fare. He was on a curfew which meant he had to be home before dark and up to that point, had been observing it, according to those who know the family.

<snip>
    Only one para plus a link allowed due to copyright laws

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭soiseztomabel

juno10353 wrote: »
    A 17 year old hardened violent criminal has his life ended by a group of psychopathic feral fearless non humans.

Knifed to death, watched die, then slowly dismembered, body parts put in car to be fearlessly driven 30 miles before being dumped and burned,

The psychopathic murderers seen to continue their lives, seen In McDonald's and their local pubs without a care in world.

Lord of The Flies barbarism

Something tells me you have a lot of unfinished novels and manuscripts tucked away in a desk at home somewhere

• Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

Sindo have done a brilliant write up. Very humanising towards Keane. I feel very sad after reading it. Hammers home how young he was. Also the sheer terror his family must have felt whilst not whitewashing his past. https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/a-deadly-darkness-keane-mulready-woods-last-call-home-and-the-violent-end-of-a-boy-lost-to-deadly-grip-of-brutal-gangs-38874000.html

“His mother was doing her best for him”. I feel very sorry for the poor woman this morning but when he was a baby she picked a monster to be his godfather at his christening. Why did she do that? Had she no close male relatives to ask? Why do parents invite these people to be part of their precious child’s life and then wonder afterwards what went wrong?

splinter65 wrote: »
    “His mother was doing her best for him”. I feel very sorry for the poor woman this morning but when he was a baby she picked a monster to be his godfather at his christening. Why did she do that? Had she no close male relatives to ask? Why do parents invite these people to be part of their precious child’s life and then wonder afterwards what went wrong?
    I get the feeling his parents themselves are young. She may have thought it was offering a level of protection. Misplaced of course. However she was by all accounts trying her best and reported him missing which doesn’t in any way strike me as a disassociated parent.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 601 ✭✭✭Haladmirer

I get the feeling his parents themselves are young. She may have thought it was offering a level of protection. Misplaced of course. However she was by all accounts trying her best and reported him missing which doesn’t in any way strike me as a disassociated parent.
    Not passing comment on his family
    But any parent would report their kid missing after not returning home at night week after cops at your house with GIM

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

The tone of the Sindo article paints him as a wee vulnerable child. However leaving school in early teens despite no work, flying around town on scramblers and wearing obscenely expensive designer gear despite not being able to keep a job suggests to me he’s either simply a tramp or his parents didn’t give a sh*t... or both. That’s without even mentioning firing petrol bombs at gaffs, callous animal torture and gun possession.

Wonder where she thought he got the 1000 euro track suits from? Willfully disassociated I’d say if anything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 693 ✭✭✭The Satanist

Omackeral wrote: »
    The tone of the Sindo article paints him as a wee vulnerable child. However leaving school in early teens despite no work, flying around town on scramblers and wearing obscenely expensive designer gear despite not being able to keep a job suggests to me he’s either simply a tramp or his parents didn’t give a sh*t... or both. That’s without even mentioning firing petrol bombs at gaffs, callous animal torture and gun possession.

Truth, however unpalatable it is to some people.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Executioner511

splinter65 wrote: »
    Maybe he wasn't a monster at the time either way his parents failed him ,this whole Drogheda fued has only been going on a couple of years very similar to Limerick where a tiny percentage led by 2 or 3 families and their henchmen caused carnage and destroyed the reputation of an otherwise civilised area.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭readysetgo

from Sindo
    ‘On January 5, gardai called to his home in Beechwood and served him with a Garda Information Message (GIM), formal notification that his life was in danger.‘

Just a question if anyone knows...Why was this issued by the gardai? Do they always have a specific source or would they issue one just to intimidate/scare a young fella?

Seems to me there was a culmination of things as to why he was a target but surely if the gardai had issued a GIM with info from a specific source and then the person ends up dead surely their ‘source’ was most likely correct as to who was out for him?

readysetgo wrote: »
    ‘On January 5, gardai called to his home in Beechwood and served him with a Garda Information Message (GIM), formal notification that his life was in danger.‘

Just a question if anyone knows...Why was this issued by the gardai? Do they always have a specific source or would they issue one just to intimidate/scare a young fella?

These aren’t taken lightly. They’re not teen ASBO or JLO orders. They’re serious threats on life being officially parlayed and wouldn’t be used to teach a lesson. They’re credible and at the very least, you’d wanna have some “arrangements” in place if you were ever to receive one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 834 ✭✭✭KWAG2019

Sindo has no credibility since the 2000’s. Simply a propaganda tool. Question really is why is the piece printed? Aimed at loosening a few tongues?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,628 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Who was his godfather?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭Banana Republic.

It's easy paint the parents as not giving a crap but with all the context involved, the parents would of been powerless against gang bosses, it's not always just parents not caring. The Independent piece posted does suggest there's no father around and that makes them even more vulnerable. I think it's deeper then we all think we know. No winners here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 568 ✭✭✭NewMan1982

Didn’t you know dead people immediately become saints and no one mentions the **** they did?

He was involved with 3 different factions. That sounds like someone who sought out that life and not someone being groomed or lured as the paper suggests.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Peanutzzz

Fantashtic wrote: »
    100% bad business, I asked earlier, can anyone link a hitman to a child, 0% response. Every paper is running the same headline with no proof. On this thread is where there there info is gathered, for the sake of a child, stop posting b*llox here, and feeding the hacks, let the guards do there job, might get some justice then.

I’d highly doubt the press or the guards get there information from this thread.They wouldn’t have a job for very long and in fact it’s mainly the opposite this thread runs mainly on what they say besides “the helicopter is in coolock”or the odd interesting background comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43 anonaamus

He wasn’t groomed nor lured! He was as big a player as the rest, a foot solider, debt collecting, intimidation, house attacks, killing animals.the fella was a week away from 18.

A child is 5-12 a teen is 13-19 and a young adult is 20-24 he was 100% not a child, nor a innocent one at that!!! Ask people who knew him, or his victims. They be happy to tell you.

NewMan1982 wrote: »
    Didn’t you know dead people immediately become saints and no one mentions the **** they did?

He was involved with 3 different factions. That sounds like someone who sought out that life and not someone being groomed or lured as the paper suggests.

People need to stop calling him a child. 17 a week away from 18 is a teenager. Not a child!

Peanutzzz wrote: »
    I’d highly doubt the press or the guards get there information from this thread.They wouldn’t have a job for very long and in fact it’s mainly the opposite this thread runs mainly on what they say besides “the helicopter is in coolock”or the odd interesting background comments

• Advertisement

child
    /tʃʌɪld/
    Learn to pronounce
    noun
    a young human being below the age of puberty.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement