Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gangland Shootings Cont'd [Mod Note in Post #1 updated 27/01/20

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Stooped

anonaamus wrote: »
    People need to stop calling him a child. 17 a week away from 18 is a teenager. Not a child!

Legally you're a child until you turn 18 if you want to be pedantic.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

child
    /tʃʌɪld/
    Learn to pronounce
    noun
    a young human being below the age of puberty.
    Legally he was a minor or a child. His activity however, was not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 568 ✭✭✭NewMan1982

People need to stop calling him a child. 17 a week away from 18 is a teenager. Not a child!

I agree completely. He was not a child and I have no sympathy for him. It’s a dangerous life to get involved in and you know the risks.

splinter65 wrote: »
    “His mother was doing her best for him”. I feel very sorry for the poor woman this morning but when he was a baby she picked a monster to be his godfather at his christening. Why did she do that? Had she no close male relatives to ask? Why do parents invite these people to be part of their precious child’s life and then wonder afterwards what went wrong?
    None of the maguires are his godfather his dad is friendly with them that’s all

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭ballsdeep69

I'm getting de sha vu

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43 anonaamus

I think u might mean ;
    Déjà vu

Déjà vu is the feeling that one has lived through the present situation before. The phrase translates literally as "already seen". Although some interpret déjà vu in a paranormal context, mainstream scientific approaches reject the explanation of déjà vu as "precognition" or "prophecy"
    I'm getting de sha vu

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭Mr.burgess

I think u might mean ;
    Déjà vu

Déjà vu is the feeling that one has lived through the present situation before. The phrase translates literally as "already seen". Although some interpret déjà vu in a paranormal context, mainstream scientific approaches reject the explanation of déjà vu as "precognition" or "prophecy"
    Of all places why were the body parts in coolock then ?? That makes zero sense to kill someone from Drogheda and bring them to coolock

• Registered Users Posts: 43 anonaamus

Omg where have you been,
    They were on their way to drop the back at a certain young fellas door. Armed gardai were in the area due to a unrelated incident, panicked and through them out the window.

They’re basically just combining the two incidents with the video and the shooting of Keith Brannigan as a warning.

Mr.burgess wrote: »
    Of all places why were the body parts in coolock then ?? That makes zero sense to kill someone from Drogheda and bring them to coolock

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭ballsdeep69

I think u might mean ;
    Déjà vu

**** I put that in Google because I couldn't spell it and I obviously copied my spelling instead of the correct one 😂 but ye Im getting

Déjà vu from reading all the comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Peanutzzz

NewMan1982 wrote: »
    I agree completely. He was not a child and I have no sympathy for him. It’s a dangerous life to get involved in and you know the risks.

I don’t think people disagree on him being a little wannabe but the fashion in which he died is disturbing. People capable of that to Anybody shouldn’t be walking the streets.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,191 ✭✭✭threeball

Peanutzzz wrote: »
    I don’t think people disagree on him being a little wannabe but the fashion in which he died is disturbing. People capable of that to Anybody shouldn’t be walking the streets.

There's no political or judicial will to put people like these away. It will take a couple of more Anthony Thompson incidents in close succession to see this change. I think by then it will be too late to turn back the clock and undo the level of influence they will have garnered.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭holyhead

Funny how we placed such importance on protecting the life of the unborn. Yet the living can be murdered with seeming impunity.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 20 Jo Kaine

He probably died in the same fashion he was likely to inflict on someone else or others down the line. He was going around torturing & killing animals that & petrol bombing houses with families residing in them.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

threeball wrote: »
    It will take a couple of more Anthony Thompson incidents in close succession to see this change.

Anthony Campbell. Poor lad only making an honest living. RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭Tootsie_1

I think the thing that maybe is the most troubling for me anyway is that a kid of that age ... probably 14 when he got into that life (he was pointing a gun at a shop keeper by 15) can go from being a teenager in school to dropping out seduced by the money most likely and escalating to his record of intimidation and ultimately murdered in the most gruesome way possible all in the space of maybe 3 years. When you think of how he died you wouldn't do it to an animal let alone a human being. At least animals are killed humanly god only knows what that poor young lad suffered before he died regardless of what he did or was liable to do nobody deserves to die like that and whats going to follow they aren't happy with bullets now they have to chop each other up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 568 ✭✭✭NewMan1982

Tootsie_1 wrote: »
    I think the thing that maybe is the most troubling for me anyway is that a kid of that age ... probably 14 when he got into that life (he was pointing a gun at a shop keeper by 15) can go from being a teenager in school to dropping out seduced by the money most likely and escalating to his record of intimidation and ultimately murdered in the most gruesome way possible all in the space of maybe 3 years. When you think of how he died you wouldn't do it to an animal let alone a human being. At least animals are killed humanly god only knows what that poor young lad suffered before he died regardless of what he did or was liable to do nobody deserves to die like that and whats going to follow they aren't happy with bullets now they have to chop each other up.

Poor young lad? Have you read what he was doing to people? Nothing poor about him.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭Mr.burgess

U said carberry ?
    Involved with carberry shooting.

Yeah i read it on one of those WhatsApp msgs that get forwarded could be bollox like most things on that though.

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭Tootsie_1

NewMan1982 wrote: »
    Poor young lad? Have you read what he was doing to people? Nothing poor about him.

Yes I mean the way he died I know he was far from a saint but you cant actually think its ok to do that to any living thing ? What ever happened to them putting a bullet in each other and that be that , now they are dismembering people and chopping them up.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,014 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

walshb wrote: »
    Jimmy Guerin: 'Internment is the only cure for the cancer in our communities'
    giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Executioner511

Could it be just the case that he fire bombed the wrong criminals house and they extracted revenge in the most barbaric way imaginable he was up in court for it so it was well known he was doing it and there were a lot of houses that were attacked, I don't buy this nonsense that they were just sending out a message to other dealers they aren't that contrived this sounds like a well orchestrated murder and wasn't just some random henchman that was targeted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,534 ✭✭✭Chalk McHugh

giphy.gif

Yea what an idiot. The anti gang laws are there. Life for a leader of a gang. Up to 15 years for a gang member. It's gathering dust through lack of use. The garda have a powerful tool on their side with that law. Akin to the RICO law in the US that dismantked La Cosa Nostra. Use the poxy thing!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,687 ✭✭✭whippet

Not sure if related .. but road between Drogheda and Baltray on the coast is closed off .. about 5 mins after I passed a heap of Garda cars passed me and now the road is closed due to ‘an incident’ .. as I had to go long way round to get home

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭readysetgo

Could it be just the case that he fire bombed the wrong criminals house and they extracted revenge in the most barbaric way imaginable he was up in court for it so it was well known he was doing it and there were a lot of houses that were attacked, I don't buy this nonsense that they were just sending out a message to other dealers they aren't that contrived this sounds like a well orchestrated murder and wasn't just some random henchman that was targeted.

you’re missing the whole Branigan link to the house that was searched.
    I’d imagine KM let slip or boasted about being a gun supplier/disposer and word got back.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 601 ✭✭✭Haladmirer

I don't really believe there could be videos floating around Drogheda as was said
    Someone would have gave them to cope by now,OM even,and it would be in papers
    Papers have everything the cops have
    I do believe there was nothing to say ruthless had any part in this.absolutely nothing

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Peanutzzz

Jo Kaine wrote: »
    He probably died in the same fashion he was likely to inflict on someone else or others down the line. He was going around torturing & killing animals that & petrol bombing houses with families residing in them.

There’s a possibility but it’s the first time a body has been displayed in the way it was and those responsible should be made an example of by the guards and the community as a whole. No matter who the victim is this type of crime is barbaric and the people who done it should never walk the streets again.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭andrew1977

whippet wrote: »
    Not sure if related .. but road between Drogheda and Baltray on the coast is closed off .. about 5 mins after I passed a heap of Garda cars passed me and now the road is closed due to ‘an incident’ .. as I had to go long way round to get home

Body found in Baltray , the guards have said its nothing to do with the local feud .
    It’s on the local radio LMFM Facebook page

• Closed Accounts Posts: 685 ✭✭✭keepalive213

People capable of that to Anybody shouldn’t be walking the streets.

psychotic evil individuals revved up on class A.
    I wonder how much of the millions gathered through organised crime originates from the social welfare system in disadvantaged areas, id guess at a good share.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭pablo128

Mr.burgess wrote: »
    Supposedly loads of the McGuire uk family came over last night there was videos of them with ballys on and shotguns driving to some house and smashing it up was on the WhatsApp yesterday

Supposedly supposedly supposedly.

I heard elsewhere that it's an old video. Supposedly.

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭Johndoe19

Tootsie_1 wrote: »
    Yes I mean the way he died I know he was far from a saint but you cant actually think its ok to do that to any living thing ? What ever happened to them putting a bullet in each other and that be that , now they are dismembering people and chopping them up.

I have to say, whilst I don’t agree with it, it’s not the first time we have seen this type of violence. What about psychos digging up people’s graves, bodies in suitcases, lads being shot and burned in cars. Some examples here but there are plenty more.

Too much sensationalising going on the past week, all to get a few more clicks and earn a bit more advertisement revenue. As much as the public don’t want this happening, they all love to read about it. I mean it was only a few weeks ago there was people saying this thread is boring and we need another shooting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭Infernal Racket

Boards servers must be maxed out with all the new accounts around here.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement