Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gangland Shootings Cont'd [Mod Note in Post #1 updated 27/01/20

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Pete McCabe

Tippsman wrote: »
    No solicitor would take his case, he's a person who has 100 conviction and didnt directly said he done it.

Fck him.

Solicitors love fellows with 100+ convictions, these said fellows pay there bills.

Plenty of solicitors would take him, same way as solicitors had no problem taking on the two animals called boy A & Boy B.... it’s all €€€€€.. money comes before morals in that game:

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Tommycart

Where was the legal advice before they went to print on Marlo Hyland who got 250k out of them??

And how do you know they got legal advice? Your presuming they did! Unless you work for them?

So if my brother commits a crime tomorrow, they can legally put my face on the front page and say my associates commited the crime????

I’m not defending RL in anyway or saying he had nothing to do with it, but it seemed to me like sloppy journalism.

Section 16,defamation act 2009. Also you would have to prove that you have a good reputation to begin with ie having 100 + convictions usually means you have a bad reputation and can't be defamed.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,075 ✭✭✭Jeff2

The father of Willie Maughan on Liveline first 10 minutes.

Sad listening but that is the story.

https://www.rte.ie/radio/radioplayer/html5/#/radio1/21528329

Tommycart wrote: »
    Section 16,defamation act 2009. Also you would have to prove that you have a good reputation to begin with ie having 100 + convictions usually means you have a bad reputation and can't be defamed.

Marlo Hyland was a choir boy was he?

Marlo Hyland was a choir boy was he?

Not familiar with the facts of that case.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 568 ✭✭✭NewMan1982

About the Sunday paper article that shows and names Robbie Lawlor. Could he sue claiming they’ve put his life at risk?

Not familiar with the facts of that case.

He sued the Sunday world and won 250k.

He was head of the biggest crime gang in Dublin at the time, I know for a fact if he had to prove he was a good character he would been thrown out onto the street quicker than you can say defamation!

NewMan1982 wrote: »
    About the Sunday paper article that shows and names Robbie Lawlor. Could he sue claiming they’ve put his life at risk?

No.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Dante7

There are an awful lot of naive people commenting on Facebook thinking that this might discourage lads from getting involved. Not in the slightest. All this has done is made them realise that they have to become more brutal.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,559 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Dante7 wrote: »
    There are an awful lot of naive people commenting on Facebook thinking that this might discourage lads from getting involved. Not in the slightest. All this has done is made them realise that they have to become more brutal.

I think part of the buzz of this gang lang is not getting killed some of the time!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭Tippsman

He sued the Sunday world and won 250k.

He was head of the biggest crime gang in Dublin at the time, I know for a fact if he had to prove he was a good character he would been thrown out onto the street quicker than you can say defamation!

I've looked for the compo from the Sunday world, but found nothing.

I see CAB took 250 grand from his estate alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Futodriver

Who was clipped In ballymun and why isn’t the names on news

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭Johndoe19

Futodriver wrote: »

They are not dead and committed no crime.

Tippsman wrote: »
    I've looked for the compo from the Sunday world, but found nothing.

I see CAB took 250 grand from his estate alright.

Sorry I’ll correct myself he successfully sued the Sunday world for £90,000 and he won €250,000 in lottery. (He didn’t actually win it, a neighbour of his did but Marlo bought the ticket off him & claimed it)

See copy & paste below: (it won’t let me add links as I’m a new user)
    Having been unemployed since 1993, he continued to collect his weekly Social Welfare payments from the state but was able to provide cover for his lifestyle through money he had won in the lottery 250,000 and 90,000 from suing the Sunday World newspaper in 1997 for describing as a gangster.
    By the 2000’s Martin Hyland and his gang were involved in large shipments of cannabis, cocaine, ecstasy and heroin as well as VAT fraud, car theft, armed robbery, extortion and the supply of firearms. They supplied guns to one of the gangs involved in the Crumlin-Drimnagh feud, they also supplied guns to the notorious McCarthy-Dundon gang who were heavily involved in the Limerick gang feud.

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭Johndoe19

Johndoe19 wrote: »
    They are not dead and committed no crime.

And there was another person shot in Kilbarrack last week, still no word on that either. Too dangerous to name them I guess. Bad for business if they do get caught and no doubt once they are named it does raise their profile. Look at Flashy. Nobody knew his name for a long time and once they did, everyone wants him dead (allegedly)

Titan2020 wrote: »
    25k doesn't seem alot considerin the heat from the shades that it's after bringing..between 4 , 6k a piece if these boys are makin that much money don't see how it makes sence

with the likes of them feeding him money doesn’t satisfy him as much as feeding his ego.

He feeds off fear, not money!

If he had an interest in money, if any of them did they wouldn’t be creating such a sh*t storm for themselves the last two years.

The Kinahan / hutch feud is a prime example.

The government have the biggest weapon and that’s legislation, when new laws come in that effects gangs throughout the country, these boys are going to be adding a few new enemies to there list, that’s for sure!

NewMan1982 wrote: »

Yes.

You can sue for anything but they know he won't.

If he did they would have photos of him at court to publish and cover the costs.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Titan2020

Some expert on here said it was over sheep haha

I seen that! Definitely nothing to do with sheep!

Carioco wrote: »
    Google nickname, dublin, cocaine

He supplies the lads who sell in those places. When i used to go out there was tall lad, muscley lad and fat, short lad who used to sell in those spots, all.well spoken, all knew the socialite

Mod-Redacted
    Are bouncers of those clubs in on it?

1 day ban

• Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

it’s all €€€€€.. money comes before morals in that game:

It's about the right to a fair trial. If solicitors didn't take on clients they thought were guilty, then the accused wouldn't get a proper chance at a trial.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Carioco

Are bouncers of those clubs in on it?

Tall lad got banned from loads of places think he was biggest fish of 3 but more cocky, fat short lad was discreet.seemed smartest, but really quiet..the muscley lad would make.an effort to chat to bouncers, shake hands etc so would sell openly and bouncers would turn blind eye, used to bring his digi scales and an O or 2 to clubs with him.apparently.. idiot

Tall lad got banned from loads of places think he was biggest fish of 3 but more cocky, fat short lad was discreet.seemed smartest, but really quiet..the muscley lad would make.an effort to chat to bouncers, shake hands etc so would sell openly and bouncers would turn blind eye, used to bring his digi scales and an O or 2 to clubs with him.apparently.. idiot

Some doormen on the clubs on Harcourt Street are in with the drugs gangs.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Carioco

Some doormen on the clubs on Harcourt Street are in with the drugs gangs.

Not true.

Coppers no, everleigh ex guards, krystle literally changes up their bouncers every so often because they got so friendly with those lads, d2 lads are straight and respected

Not true.

Coppers no, everleigh ex guards, krystle literally changes up their bouncers every so often because they got so friendly with those lads, d2 lads are straight and respected

Everleigh are not ex guards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭pablo128

Futodriver wrote: »

The names were in the Sunday world paper along with who got arrested.

pablo128 wrote: »
    The names were in the Sunday world paper along with who got arrested.

And....... You can't say.?

A bishop calling for it to stop.

Yeah, look at home. Just as bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 TomPeep

Jeff2 wrote: »
    A bishop calling for it to stop.

Yeah, look at home. Just as bad.

Good one.. which dwarf are you

TomPeep wrote: »
    Good one.. which dwarf are you

Sad I guess, with the way things are now.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 281 ✭✭OmarLittle187

Tell that to Graham Dwyer and Joe O Reilly.

What does your comment imply??
    Do you support these two sickos attempts to be released from prison throughout the years???

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement