Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gangland Shootings Cont'd [Mod Note in Post #1 updated 27/01/20

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 fqollere

Is fentanyl much of a problem yet?

Cocaine is a massive problem. Farmers down the country in rehab for it

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭snickers

Regardless of the way it panned out, it either was an idiotic thing to try, or, it took some balls to stage it.

It took some balls for sure and had a chance to succeed but they didn’t plan it well enough they stuck their finger into the hornets nest and continue to be stung to this day .

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,579 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

snickers wrote: »
    It took some balls for sure and had a chance to succeed but they didn’t plan it well enough they stuck their finger into the hornets nest and continue to be stung to this day .

That Emerson/Omar Little quote came to mind that day... "When you strike at the king, you must kill him."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 369 ✭✭Timmyr

humberklog wrote: »
    That Emerson/Omar Little quote came to mind that day... "When you strike at the king, you must kill him."

"You come at the king you best not miss" - Omar Devone Little

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Deco Barry

Why did they kill David Byrne that day? Was it a case of we missed the intended target so we're not leaving empty handed & he just happened to be returning from the jon when they were in the lobby, or, did they want him dead too anyway?

They obviously knew who he was, right?

I bet they are kicking themselves that they didn't take McGovern as well that day

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭begbysback

Yea and it worked out well for Omar innit

begbysback wrote: »

Spoilers ffs.

Deco Barry wrote: »
    I bet they are kicking themselves that they didn't take McGovern as well that day

Would love to know how many shots were fired in that Lobby did they just spray the place and hope for the best I mean aks are not the most precise weapon at close quarters did they hit McGovern and think he was done then panic and run .

Would love to know how many shots were fired in that Lobby did they just spray the place and hope for the best I mean aks are not the most precise weapon at close quarters did they hit McGovern and think he was done then panic and run .

I very much doubt that they sprayed the place with bullets that's the likes of Paul Williams spouting pure ****e,from the CCTV they released after the Patrick Hutch trial the gunmen seemed very composed,the man who survived an attempt on his life at the petrol station in clonshaugh was one of them and he's as calm as they come with a weapon

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭Stevieluvsye

I very much doubt that they sprayed the place with bullets that's the likes of Paul Williams spouting pure ****e,from the CCTV they released after the Patrick Hutch trial the gunmen seemed very composed,the man who survived an attempt on his life at the petrol station in clonshaugh was one of them and he's as calm as they come with a weapon

Handy with a magozine

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40 fqollere

is it true that DK is in fear of Mago?

fqollere wrote: »
    is it true that DK is in fear of Mago?

Certainly not

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭KM792

To the person that was asking about Christy Kinahans siblings...

His sister runs a vegan cafe in Cadiz,Spain.

Seems a nice lady but would not run the risk of crossing her!

He may well be calm with a weapon but what about the other two a paramedic at the scene said that lobby smelled like a firing range seemingly DB was hit by one gunman then fatally shot again by another gunman .

I was friends with someone fairly connected to all this for years. Worked together and drank together in rea’s up by parkgate street. Her fella was also sound and even more connected but was always polite and up for a laugh. Used to tell some right stories but again was unassuming

He never used to trust anyone from certain parts of the north inner city

Cryptic city

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭pablo128

He may well be calm with a weapon but what about the other two a paramedic at the scene said that lobby smelled like a firing range seemingly DB was hit by one gunman then fatally shot again by another gunman .

It's on YouTube. There's no sound but it doesn't look like they riddled the place.

He 100% does fear mago.

He tried to make a peace offering, mago told him go fcuk himself basically.

You know nothing.

Offer peace? Sweet Jesus. Is that you again dirk?

Ireland is a small market for him, plus he lives is a state where it as near as possible to commit a gun crime

The peace offering to mago was a double cross and mago knew it, Daniel shat himself and tried unsuccessfully to get him whacked.

And he text you this ye?

Good man dirk

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭IRE60

He has one sister that I know of.

In the CRO (Co reg office) as a director of a Co with D - if I remember - a few companies - one car biz and some others - all in print some years back - didn't file returns😲!

Is Mago any relation to Stephen from boyzone just struck me both from same area and not a very common surname .

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭pablo128

Is Mago any relation to Stephen from boyzone just struck me both from same area and not a very common surname .

It was in the media a couple of years ago that they are related albeit distant relatives.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,507 ✭✭✭VW 1

begbysback wrote: »

Spoilers ffs.

It's more than ten years old ffs?!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 281 ✭✭OmarLittle187

Can someone PM what the whistleblowers tweets were today please I didn't see them before they were removed. I see comments are disappearing on the thread

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 369 ✭✭Timmyr

Can someone PM what the whistleblowers tweets were today please I didn't see them before they were removed. I see comments are disappearing on the thread

Same Please

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭harry Bailey esq

pablo128 wrote: »
    It was in the media a couple of years ago that they are related albeit distant relatives.

Not that distant. Second cousins.

Offer peace? Sweet Jesus. Is that you again dirk?

Ireland is a small market for him, plus he lives is a state where it as near as possible to commit a gun crime

And why do you think he lives in a state where is near impossible to commit a gun crime?

And why do you think he lives in a state where is near impossible to commit a gun crime?

Because there is no extradition treaty between the UAE and Ireland. Would have thought that was pretty obvious

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,211 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

KM792 wrote: »

No I wouldn't be sending back the cappuchino and telling her it was like piss!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,117 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Any reports on where the afters of the funeral was held?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 664 ✭✭✭starbaby2003

KM792 wrote: »

No I wouldn't be sending back the cappuchino and telling her it was like piss!

His sister was the assistant general secretary in SIPTU. She has nothing to do with crime. I don’t think she has anything to do with him. Not fair to make comments like that. You can’t control who you are related to.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement