Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gangland Shootings Cont'd [Mod Note in Post #1 updated 27/01/20

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 281 ✭✭OmarLittle187

sexmag wrote: »
    Associate since 2009? Even this person is 19 they would have been 8 then?

Associate is a term used for all sorts including family members

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭declanleo

Lmfm reporting a key player arrested

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭hankless

I see the Lugs Brannigan appreciation society are back.

Boomers gonna boom

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭Tippsman

wrote:
    Boards.ie: Niamh

"This is great advertising for Boards, look at all those views, they'll never close this thread". Wrong. The number of companies queuing up to advertise on a thread about drug dealers and murderers is exactly zero and that is not going to change. I will have no problem closing and removing the thread if people persist in naming names, posting unfounded rumours or trying to get around the naming names.

I posted something like this on the weekend, it got lost theres so many posts and admins were off.

Can a private individuals sponsor this thread or only company's?

Do boards sell in blocks of 3 months, 6 months or 12 months?

What would be the price?

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭Johndoe19

declanleo wrote: »

Seems I was right so :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 zeze22

Yes, LMFM reporting key player arrested last night, and Independent reporting at 07.30 this morning guards watching port and airport for suspect...

Edit: They do seem to have arrested PC last night actually

• Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭starbaby2003

Probably not directly gang related but I would be almost certain drug related.

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Stooped

zeze22 wrote: »
    Yes, LMFM reporting key player arrested last night, and Independent reporting at 07.30 this morning guards watching port and airport for suspect...

The article itself said that they were watching them yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 CrashH16

Probably not directly gang related but I would be almost certain drug related.

Was just about to post that. Country's gone mad.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 CrashH16

Is Fred Lynch’s “close associate” a relative?

the young person with the same last name as Fred who allegedly filmed the assault on the ruthless one on Wolfe tone and stated “this is the start of it”.

Yes it's his son

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭declanleo

zeze22 wrote: »

Suffering Jesus,Papers would have went to press before it was known of the arrest.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,933 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

What does your comment imply??
    Do you support these two sickos attempts to be released from prison throughout the years???

Read the feckin posts.

It was to point out that forensic evidence can indeed lead to convictions.
    That witnesses are great but can be got at but forensics can’t be scared.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,411 ✭✭✭jammiedodgers

Tippsman wrote: »
    I posted something like this on the weekend, it got lost theres so many posts and admins were off.

Can a private individuals sponsor this thread or only company's?

Do boards sell in blocks of 3 months, 6 months or 12 months?

What would be the price?

https://www.boards.ie/content/advertise

• Registered Users Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭IRE60

Suffering Jesus,Papers would have went to press before it was known of the arrest.
    Yea but at this point they are 'media companies' in the broader scene - like LMFM has just displayed. It's franchise is as a local radio station - but it has used twitter to break an important development in this saga.

That's why local media (radio/press) are so vitally important in these situations.

So the Indo/Times etc have huge expensive websites that should supplement/update what was put in print.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 834 ✭✭✭KWAG2019

Read the feckin posts.

It was to point out that forensic evidence can indeed lead to convictions.
    That witnesses are great but can be got at but forensics can’t be scared.

Unless you’re Martin Cahill who tried it and maimed a man in the process. His glorification is part of the problem this gangland thing has mushroomed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭Tippsman

Thanks.

It offers no information to the 3 questions ive asked.

Can it not be answered in this thread than summit a form with all my personal information?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭baldbear

Johndoe19 wrote: »
    They are not dead and committed no crime.

Any further information on the 2 lads at at Margaret's? Wrong place ,wrong time?

Johndoe19 wrote: »
    I see there is a comment on the CL to RL video on You Tube where there is a claim that there was a note in the bag found in Coolock that said “this is only the start of it”.
    Surprised the media haven’t mentioned anything yet so wondering if it’s true

I'd imagine it would have been motioned by now if true. Paul Reynolds RTE article published either late Friday or early Saturday mentioned the flip flops in the bag. I reckon if the note was true it would have been mentioned too. It's not like it would not have been put in the article for people to determine who it was behind it, because the flip flops being mentioned does that already

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 601 ✭✭✭Haladmirer

Speaking of branigan any word on Liam's trial
    It was going before Christmas then all quiet

Bateman wrote: »
    If we didn't have this thread or youtube, and we only had the news and mainstream media to go on (and, y'know, actual Garda crime scene investigation), there might be no suggestion whatsoever that any 35 year old from Dublin was in any way involved with this.

That's a big stretch. YouTube comments are a terrible source. From this comment and several others I've read recently it seems some people are of the opinion that the gardai are extremely reliant on this thread for information. I really like this thread I have nothing bad to say about it in general I enjoy using it but I think people are overestimating this thread and greatly underestimating the guards access to information.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,933 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

KWAG2019 wrote: »
    Unless you’re Martin Cahill who tried it and maimed a man in the process. His glorification is part of the problem this gangland thing has mushroomed.

Indeed. However I was trying to explain to that other poster how forensics and circumstantial evidence can sometimes be as good if not better than scared eye witnesses. That’s why I mentioned Dwyer and O’Reilly.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Ratbags

Several posts concerning fridays shooting are being deleted as quick as they go up even though no names or initials on them find it very strange

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭lcasey90

Man arrested in drogheda is not related to the KM murder but is a key figure

• Registered Users Posts: 8,398 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 10,317 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭White lighting

Birneybau wrote: »
    CL?

How would you think its CL arrested????

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Tommycart

Nobody has been arrested in connection with the drogheda murder.

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭White lighting

Tommycart wrote: »

Yes thats true, But a suspect in the murder has been arrested for breaking bail conditions to do with a case he is currently before the courts for.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭Banana Republic.

Fairly misleading headline there when he's arrested for a separate offence. Maybe the cops way of getting him away for a while, take one of the major players away according to the papers report, might cool hostilities or go the opposite direction and the leaderless crew get wreckless.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 42 Gearoidknows

Tommycart wrote: »

No, but PC arrested for breach of high court bail. A holding charge.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement