Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gangland Shootings Cont'd [Mod Note in Post #1 updated 27/01/20

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30 mickthehack

How are ya Mick. Do you think the hutch kinahan thing is over?

Not over, no. I interviewed Pat Leahy last year, he said it would last 20 years. I know it's quiet now, but he made the point that it was personal and I agree with him.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Will he not appear via videolink

Not sure if Cloverhill even has video link facilities as it's pretty much next door to the court anyway. You'd probably have more hassle getting an inmate set up in the videolink than you would just walking him across.

begbysback wrote: »
    Mick the hack writes for the star, chances are he didn’t go to school at all.

Does seorsean, or whatever he was called really have a book?

Haha! Very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 tincan99

educate yourself on crisis management and pr. some of them ****ers are probably more annoyed the murder happened during an election than the fact it actually happened . and thats not being over the top. its how their minds work.
    I would think that it would be newsworthy irregardless of there being an election or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Gearoidknows

tincan99 wrote: »
    educate yourself on crisis management and pr. some of them ****ers are probably more annoyed the murder happened during an election than the fact it actually happened . and thats not being over the top. its how their minds work.

Agreed. I wouldnt for one second think that they give two monkeys, other than what it means for them politically. That being said, its international news right now that some guy from a place they cant pronounce, is in court today for breach of bail on a charge of arson and theft of a motorbike. So it would be natural for the national broadcaster to cover it. Considering the circumstances.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,656 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Breaching bail is a separate offence. So once the warrant is issued he would have to be brought before a court to face this charge. A lower court cant rescind high court bail so therefore he would be remanded to cloverhill tonight for the new charge of breaking bail and would go upon front of the high court tomorrow and the high court will decide to either revoke bail, or continue bail depending on the strength of the states case. The high court is on the grounds of Cloverhill Prison, so he is in the custody of the prison service as is

Yeah thats what I was thinking, he is already locked up for the night and wont be strolling into the court in the morning as a free man. So no chance of a revenge hit as another poster speculated.
    Omackeral wrote: »
    It's used for both free members of the public and remand prisoners. It's situated on the grounds of the Cloverhill/Wheatfield complex alright but the gallery is accessible to the public. There's a guarded holding area in the basement area of the court for remand prisoners and this is linked to Cloverhill Prison itself via an undergound tunnel.

Underground tunnels, very fancy :D Id say the public gallery will be packed with media in the morning. Is Cloverhill a kind of a clearing house prison where inmates do a few weeks before they get sent elsewhere? Or do some prisoners serve their entire sentence there?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,215 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Any other details?

Not from me anyway. Worked in Graingers while in college so know it's not Collins Avenue.

Used to cover a few shifts in the Sheaf of Wheat when the Graingers had it. Seen it mentioned on here a week or so ago. Some place at the time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Stigma 666

PARlance wrote: »
    Not from me anyway. Worked in Graingers while in college so know it's not Collins Avenue.

Used to cover a few shifts in the Sheaf of Wheat when the Graingers had it. Seen it mentioned on here a week or so ago. Some place at the time.

Gino is still there 30 years later

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Is Cloverhill a kind of a clearing house prison where inmates do a few weeks before they get sent elsewhere? Or do some prisoners serve their entire sentence there?

It's officially not even a prison would you believe, it's a remand center. There are a minority of sentenced people there but usually they'll be working in the prison kitchen or on grounds and things like that. Place is full of people awaiting trial in the majority of cases.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Gearoidknows

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Yeah thats what I was thinking, he is already locked up for the night and wont be strolling into the court in the morning as a free man. So no chance of a revenge hit as another poster speculated.

I wouldnt think so, I dont think he'll be a free man for many a long day. As for a revenge hit, the jails in Ireland are populated with travellers at a highly disproportionate rate, so the revenge will more than likely come at a later date.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,215 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Stigma 666 wrote: »
    Gino is still three 30 years later

Still going strong I'd say. All that dancing in Tomangos stood to him. Was very sound to me, as they all were. Didn't even mind that I was from the shticks.

Christ, it was 16 years ago since I was there.

d51984 wrote: »
    Mick the hack deleted the one dead tweet... surprise surprise. Muppet.

If I can clarify this. He was declared dead at the scene. But then he came back. It happens. Was happy to delete.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 19 Thecowboy1981

If I can clarify this. He was declared dead at the scene. But then he came back. It happens. Was happy to delete.

I héard that too. No pulse at scene, and paramedics brought him back.

Mick wasn't wrong, technically.

I héard that too. No pulse at scene, and paramedics brought him back.

Mick wasn't wrong, technically.

That's it. But Twitter doesn't lend itself to being able to contextualise, so I deleted it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 19 Thecowboy1981

Fair play to ya Mick, genuinely one of the nicest crime hacks out there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭Duke of Url

Like what?

I’m curious. Many people over the past few days said that journalists are checking this thread for information that leads to a story. Is that true in your experience?

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭Johndoe19

I have no idea what happened in Fairview tonight, am off and was doing other stuff.

Any chance you can make a few enquiries to your buddies? Also any chance you can propose my suggestion of tagging prisoners instead of letting them roam around mocking the system?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭Tippsman

I would have preferred to resurrect that Michael O Toole account, but I have no idea what the email is. I tried them all and messaged support, but got nowhere. Anyway, I'm not anonymous under this username. Same difference, I suppose.

It's a pity boards can't give you a blue tick.

Your last post.

I’m curious. Many people over the past few days said that journalists are checking this thread for information that leads to a story. Is that true in your experience?

Not in my experience, no. That's not to say there is not some accurate stuff on this, there definitely is, and fast. But I can only tell you about me and the other ones I'm close to. I'd be happy none of them use this as a source. Now, maybe people see something here and tell me via other channels, i don't know.

Johndoe19 wrote: »
    Any chance you can make a few enquiries to your buddies? Also any chance you can propose my suggestion of tagging prisoners instead of letting them roam around mocking the system?

I'll try. I don't think they'd listen to me on the other.

• Advertisement

Stigma 666 wrote: »
    It’s him

The fact that he can spell and uses words such as compartmentalise made me a believer right from the off :P

I have no idea what happened in Fairview tonight, am off and was doing other stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭STB.

@mickthehack

If you want something to write about why don't you write about the fact this killing might have been avoided if the alleged perpetrator hadn't been allowed bail in the first instance. The charges were serious for the previous case from last year.

Between this and the Kevin Lunney case, it has highlighted that people who are up on murder charges are being allowed roam the streets. And we can see that may not always be a good idea.

AGS served a GIS notice to the 17 year old. They knew more than that. They waited for another killing to arrest someone for breaching their bail conditions. A bit late ?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,398 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

That's it. But Twitter doesn't lend itself to being able to contextualise, so I deleted it.

He actually died twice according to this article, so it's easy see how he was reported dead and then not.

What else could you do only delete it.

https://www.dublinlive.ie/news/dublin-news/north-dublin-shooting-victim-died-17589698

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

STB. wrote: »
    @mickthehack

If you want something to write about why don't you write about the fact this killing might have been avoided if the alleged perpetrator hadn't been allowed bail in the first instance. The charges were serious for the previous case from last year.

Between this and the Kevin Lunney case, it has highlighted that people who are up on murder charges are being allowed roam the streets. And we can see what isn't always a good idea can't we.

AGS served a GIS notice to the 17 year old. They knew more than that. They waited for another killing to arrest someone for breaching their bail conditions. A bit late ?

Cops don't decide bail. I've sat through enough hearings to know they object in most cases of this nature. I've seen it happen loads of times.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,998 ✭✭✭xabi

Grand

How did the Manchester clubs get on over the weekend, Mick?

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭Mr.burgess

Not in my experience, no. That's not to say there is not some accurate stuff on this, there definitely is, and fast. But I can only tell you about me and the other ones I'm close to. I'd be happy none of them use this as a source. Now, maybe people see something here and tell me via other channels, i don't know.

Going by the sunday world the other day everything that was printed in the first 15 pages was all from here it seemed.

He actually died twice according to this article, so it's easy see how he was reported dead and then not.

What else could you do only delete it.

https://www.dublinlive.ie/news/dublin-news/north-dublin-shooting-victim-died-17589698

Fair point.

xabi wrote: »
    How did the Manchester clubs get on over the weekend, Mick?

You're breaking up...

• Advertisement

I'll try. I don't think they'd listen to me on the other.

Thanks Mick, 3 years since last post. This place is about to blow up!!! People think your job is easy but anyone reading here the past week can see how tough it must be trying to keep up with the latest info. Keep up the good work ðŸ‘

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement