Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gangland Shootings Cont'd [Mod Note in Post #1 updated 27/01/20

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 guccimain

Howya Mick. Any word on charges in relation to findings in rathmullan?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Cops don't decide bail. I've sat through enough hearings to know they object in most cases of this nature. I've seen it happen loads of times.

I don't know how they keep the moral levels up with stuff like that. I work within the prison system myself and see our own in-house disciplinary reports thrown out or given token punishments by those in charge. It leads to staff becoming apathetic towards the system and not bothering to put inmates on report at all in some cases. I'd say the same feeling of ''why do I even bother'' must be prevalent in a lot of Gardai.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 mickthehack

guccimain wrote: »
    Howya Mick. Any word on charges in relation to findings in rathmullan?

No, not as of earlier. But i was off today so not checking too much.

Omackeral wrote: »
    I don't know how they keep the moral levels up with stuff like that. I work within the prison system myself and see our own in-house disciplinary reports thrown out or given token punishments by those in charge. It leads to staff becoming apathetic towards the system and not bothering to put inmates on report at all in some cases. I'd say the same feeling of ''why do I even bother'' must be prevalent in a lot of Gardai.

I think they try not to take it personally, from what I've seen.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭STB.

Cops don't decide bail. I've sat through enough hearings to know they object in most cases of this nature. I've seen it happen loads of times.

Yes I know that.

It is clearly frustrating for them.

Why don't you ask the questions in your newspaper ? How a judge can allow bail for people who are serious criminals already and up on murder charges. The length of time it takes for cases is a joke.

The alleged (and only unnamed) suspect charged for Kevin Lunney's abduction was on bail for the guts of 3 years for supposed murder.

Journalism ? Do some for the benefit of society. These are issues. It's not just about socio economic, lack of Garda resources etc. Its the behaviour of the judiciary.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭begbysback

Johndoe19 wrote: »
    Thanks Mick, 3 years since last post. This place is about to blow up!!! People think your job is easy but anyone reading here the past week can see how tough it must be trying to keep up with the latest info. Keep up the good work ðŸ‘

Tough job, you having a laugh pal? articles have practically been copied & pasted from here, not mick in particular, but there’s no denying it.

STB. wrote: »
    Yes I know that.

It is clearly frustrating for them.

Why don't you ask the questions in your newspaper ? How a judge can allow bail for people who are serious criminals already and up on murder charges. The length of time it takes for cases is a joke.

The alleged (and only unnamed) suspect charged for Kevin Lunney's abduction was on bail for the guts of 3 years for supposed murder.

Journalism ? Do some for the benefit of society. These are issues. It's not just about socio economic, lack of Garda resources etc. Its the behaviour of the judiciary.

We've done all that loads of times. We've doorstepped judges and everything. I've lost count of the number of times I've written about people committing crimes while out on bail...

I think they try not to take it personally, from what I've seen.

Oh absolutely, but job satisfaction must take a hit at the same time. Maybe they're happy on their end that they've done what they can but there naturally has to be some resentment present too among a lot of them.

begbysback wrote: »
    Tough job, you having a laugh pal? articles have practically been copied & pasted from here, not mick in particular, but there’s no denying it.

I've never lifted anything from here.

I've lost count of the number of times I've written about people committing crimes while out on bail...

There's literally a book on it called Out on Bail: The Crimes of Ireland's Bail Breakers. Has cases where people have murdered while out on bail. It's truly a sick symptom of the state.

• Advertisement

We've done all that loads of times. We've doorstepped judges and everything. I've lost count of the number of times I've written about people committing crimes while out on bail...

Well time to remind them.

The last two cases that have disgusted normal members of society has been the Lunney case and the Mulready case, both within a short period of each other.

In both cases, those alleged to have carried out the crimes were allowed on the bloody streets having been already up on murder and attempted murder charges. And no one was watching them!

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭Johndoe19

begbysback wrote: »

Yeah it was more aimed at the good ones, we know there is some tripe from certain publications that should just be ignored entirely.
    But the crime reporting in this country is hard to keep up with considering the amount of mini feuds going on at the moment

Yeah it was more aimed at the good ones, we know there is some tripe from certain publications that should just be ignored entirely.
    But the crime reporting in this country is hard to keep up with considering the amount of mini feuds going on at the moment

Who ya telling!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭Tippsman

Who are you Sherlock Holmes or just some paranoid curtain twitcher?

I'm Tippsman, (not from tip)

I've a memory like an elephant, I'm also hung like one :)

I've had a back and forth with the other account on one of my many previous gangland accounts, knew it was there.

You can look at paranoia as positive or a nagative, it's your choice.

In gangland it's a positive to me.

Happy with that?

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭IsaacWunder

Nobody who is charged for a gang related murder gets bail.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭theballz

Well time to remind them.

The last two cases that have disgusted normal members of society has been the Lunney case and the Mulready case, both within a short period of each other.

In both cases, those alleged to have carried out the crimes were allowed on the bloody streets having been already up on murder and attempted murder charges. And no one was watching them!

It’s not upto journalists nor should they be waived any sort of responsibility for the lack of common sense our justice system possess.

Must be fairly frustrating. What is your suggestion going forward Mick? Cos I think every one of us are fed up now. Something needs to change. Gangland laws brought in 10 years ago not being used. This is not a dig at you personally and fair play to you for everything to date, but take off the journalist hat for a second and tell us what needs to be done in your honest opinion?

While you're here,

Who the fck is "the whistleblower"?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 19 Thecowboy1981

Tippsman wrote: »
    While you're here,

Someone who has a brain and a long term strategy to damage mtk. And it is damaging them.

Someone who was around in the 80s too, something they said about a drug bust and an ex guard that I don't think too many people would know about.

Must be fairly frustrating. What is your suggestion going forward Mick? Cos I think every one of us are fed up now. Something needs to change. Gangland laws brought in 10 years ago not being used. This is not a dig at you personally and fair play to you for everything to date, but take off the journalist hat for a second and tell us what needs to be done in your honest opinion?

The only answer is society needs to be changed. That's probably not what you want to hear, but I can't see any other solution. When the cops get involved it's too late.

• Advertisement

Tippsman wrote: »
    While you're here,

Not a clue.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭EMPunk

Who ya telling!

Why is the media trying to paint a false narrative claiming that KM was present when a video of a punch being thrown at someone was being recorded??

The only answer is society needs to be changed. That's probably not what you want to hear, but I can't see any other solution. When the cops get involved it's too late.

Fair point, I still don’t understand why they are not being tagged. Major deterrent for them if the Garda know where they are at all times. Anyone with more than x convictions should be automatically tagged for a period depending on conviction(s). Cheaper keeping the less violent criminals under house arrest to save a few bob (and pay towards the cost of the trackers). Seems to be working in the UK in some places anyway. Worth a try here considering our smaller population.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Executioner511

Someone who has a brain and a long term strategy to damage mtk. And it is damaging them.

Someone who was around in the 80s too, something they said about a drug bust and an ex guard that I don't think too many people would know about.
    Definitely aligned to the Hutches he blocked me for pointing out a few home truths about them.

Nobody who is charged for a gang related murder gets bail.

Gang related or otherwise, those charged with murder and attempted murder have been given bail.

In the case of the Kevin Lunney, one of the (and only unnamed) alleged perpetrators was out on bail for murder charges since November, 2016!

In the case of the guy arrested today, he was previously on bail for attempted murder and was cleared of those charges in February. He is subsequently on bail for other alleged crimes involving a stolen car.

EMPunk wrote: »
    Why is the media trying to paint a false narrative claiming that KM was present when a video of a punch being thrown at someone was being recorded??
    The media are diverse: i know I didn’t write that, because I was told he wasn’t there.

If Youse don’t mind, I’ll delete my hoards.ie tweet now. It’s a bit weird looking.

theballz wrote: »
    It’s not upto journalists nor should they be waived any sort of responsibility for the lack of common sense our justice system possess.

They have a bigger voice than us theballz.

Journalism can be used for the greater benefit of society rather than sensationalist headlines about yet another needless gangland murder. Get to the mechanics of the problem.

That pressure needs to be led. Its what everyone is talking about. Why are these guys out on the streets. In this case AGS are implementing something that could have been done last month, when they served a GIM.

Gang related or otherwise, those charged with murder and attempted murder have been given bail.

In the case of the Kevin Lunney, one of the (and only unnamed) alleged perpetrators was out on bail for murder charges since November, 2016!

In the case of the guy arrested today, he was previously on bail for attempted murder and was cleared of those charges in February. He is subsequently on bail for other alleged crimes involving a stolen car.

Add to that Dean Evans who was given his passport back to go on holidays with his family. Actually came back to Ireland and then just before the trial did a runner with his misses. Hid in Spain for a few years before he was caught. And the best part is, only for Facebook he would prob be still running. Wonders of modern technology that should be used today to stop these people.

• Advertisement

Definitely aligned to the Hutches he blocked me for pointing out a few home truths about them.

Will you share it here?

They've said they aren't hutch aligned and nothing has proven they are.

I've digged deep in that account, they're a smart cookie.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement