Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gangland Shootings Cont'd [Mod Note in Post #1 updated 27/01/20

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭Stevieluvsye

His sister was the assistant general secretary in SIPTU. She has nothing to do with crime. I don’t think she has anything to do with him. Not fair to make comments like that. You can’t control who you are related to.

I agree with your comments, you still wouldn't take the chance though!

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭rondog

Even if Mago could get a gun in Dubai which is HIGHLY unlikely,then he would need to get to DKs place on teh Island in dubai which has 2 security checkpoints.A mate of mine is a contractor over there and the place is like fort knox.Apparently DK has 2/3 men with him at all times-i hear Russian special forces but that could all be BS from the Media.
    Id say DK is only worried that the UAE may create a treaty with Europe/Ireland where he can be brought back.

rondog wrote: »
    Even if Mago could get a gun in Dubai which is HIGHLY unlikely,then he would need to get to DKs place on teh Island in dubai which has 2 security checkpoints.A mate of mine is a contractor over there and the place is like fort knox.Apparently DK has 2/3 men with him at all times-i hear Russian special forces but that could all be BS from the Media.
    Id say DK is only worried that the UAE may create a treaty with Europe/Ireland where he can be brought back.

Arabs don't do treaties unless there is something in it for them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,211 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

Arabs don't do treaties unless there is something in it for them

So giving them shiney stuff and a few camels doesn't work any more?:mad:

So giving them shiney stuff and a few camels doesn't work any more?:mad:

They won't need anything from anyone for at least a 100 years. Then watch them come grovel...................

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Deco Barry

rondog wrote: »

It's a safe haven for him from both the law and other criminals.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭spider baby 172

fqollere wrote: »
    is it true that DK is in fear of Mago?
    Certainly not

I would bet anything he is in fear of Mago. He has hardly left the desert (that we know of) in the last year or two. By all accounts his security detail is mental and he seems to be a very quiet boy now. He can't be extradited from there but he is obviously afraid of something. Mago is probably one of the few on the Hutch side competent enough to have a crack and DK knows this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,211 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

I would bet anything he is in fear of Mago. He has hardly left the desert (that we know of) in the last year or two. By all accounts his security detail is mental and he seems to be a very quiet boy now. He can't be extradited from there but he is obviously afraid of something. Mago is probably one of the few on the Hutch side competent enough to have a crack and DK knows this.

Not so sure, he looked pretty chilled at the European cup final in Madrid.

His sister was the assistant general secretary in SIPTU. She has nothing to do with crime. I don’t think she has anything to do with him. Not fair to make comments like that. You can’t control who you are related to.

Weren't her assets frozen after that operation shovel in 2010?? And she was listed as director of front companies with Daniel.. Nothing to do with crime my backside.

Not so sure, he looked pretty chilled at the European cup final in Madrid.

I read somewhere that he was there, but never saw any more about it.. Was that actually true??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭Anto Lynch

I read somewhere that he was there, but never saw any more about it.. Was that actually true??

No.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭Alliance123

Nonsense. Definitely involved imo. The time Bolger and McGovern were shot in Regency she was on social media messaging her best wishes to them at the time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,400 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Nonsense. Definitely involved imo. The time Bolger and McGovern were shot in Regency she was on social media messaging her best wishes to them at the time

What?

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭pablo128

What?

There was 3 people shot in the Regency. 2 survived.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Dante7

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭fergiesfav

Anyone else think the Kinahan hutch feud has run its course?
    Looks to me like the Kinahan side have bigger problems with the cops now, so have moved on having had their revenge.
    The Hutch side always seemed more a media spin than anything else. Looks to me like a couple of friends/family looked for pay back in the regency but had no means to follow it up.
    Or is it still simmering away? is the police attention along with the jailing if members of both sides the only thing stopping more murders?

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭Bozo Skeleton

pablo128 wrote: »
    What?

There was 3 people shot in the Regency. 2 survived.

McGovern was due to be having his 30th birthday do in a south inner city pub the night after. That was cancelled, obviously. That pub is gone now, the owner had enough of dealing with those guys. It was a decent aul bar.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Dante7 wrote: »

Lordship Credit Union, which is what he's obviously referring to, is 50KM from Drogheda. I think the Detectives will be alright if the bould Jay is the one looking for them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 218 ✭✭2018na

Would anyone have an e/w bet on Gerry hutch coming up with something no one has even dreamed of yet. He has proven before that he can outsmart security systems and stuff like that previously thought impenetrable

• Advertisement

2018na wrote: »
    Would anyone have an e/w bet on Gerry hutch coming up with something no one has even dreamed of yet. He has proven before that he can outsmart security systems and stuff like that previously thought impenetrable

I think the other side know it's coming but could be months, years away yet...

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭White lighting

Must be two different sisters. Denise is the one up to her eyes in it and living in Spain.
    Sally Ann is the one in Siptu. Actually wasnt aware of her until it was said here. She's the image of Christy though

Must be two different sisters. Denise is the one up to her eyes in it and living in Spain.
    Sally Ann is the one in Siptu. Actually wasnt aware of her until it was said here. She's the image of Christy though

Correct. And has plenty of contacts previously Marbella based who now conveniently operate out of Dubai.

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Deco Barry

2018na wrote: »

Ya I remember in 2016 the bookies only paid out on the place on the Regency after the boys ****ed it up

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭The Enbalmer

2018na wrote:

Will ye stop.

He's had his time and he's shot his bolt.

He's afraid to set foot in the country,there's a target painted on the backs of all his relatives and the cops have smashed the dissident connection he may or may not have had.

Unless he's planning to raise an army of the undead he's pretty much a spent force within gangland.

Will ye stop.

He's had his time and he's shot his bolt.

He's afraid to set foot in the country,there's a target painted on the backs of all his relatives and the cops have smashed the dissident connection he may or may not have had.

Unless he's planning to raise an army of the undead he's pretty much a spent force within gangland.

You can say the exact same for Daniel Kinahan, minus the part where there is a target on the backs of all his relatives. If anyone can play the long game its Gerry Hutch but for the moment I think there is nothing he can do. Pressure from the law, lack of funds, lack of manpower I just don't see a move he could make.

fergiesfav wrote: »
    Anyone else think the Kinahan hutch feud has run its course?
    Looks to me like the Kinahan side have bigger problems with the cops now, so have moved on having had their revenge.
    The Hutch side always seemed more a media spin than anything else. Looks to me like a couple of friends/family looked for pay back in the regency but had no means to follow it up.
    Or is it still simmering away? is the police attention along with the jailing if members of both sides the only thing stopping more murders?

You can bet your life its simmering away. The cops constant surveillance and the people jailed on both sides has obviously had a massive effect, as well as the other feuds going on with which Kinahan followers are involved.
    But rest assured there is certain people on the Hutch side if they weren't being protected by Gardai they wouldn't last a week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,081 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

I still always wonder how this whole feud might have played out if the Regency hadn't been botched. Assuming they never intended to kill Liam Byrne (and there's never been any suggestion that they did), one would imagine that even if they'd managed to get Daniel Kinahan there would still have been a retaliatory bloodbath.

if they hit DK the repercussions would not have been as severe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,081 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Dante7 wrote: »

cum in his cul de sac?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31 Johnsmithsnan

snickers wrote: »
    There was a lot of planning for sure but well planned I don’t think so in this day and age with all the different types of communication devices available If they had an unknown spotter inside communicating to gunmen via headsets or whatever the location of the main body of the kinahan crew then things would be a lot different there would surely have been a massacre and with that many top level members taken out there would have been a huge vacuum in power on the kinahan side and cause that many problems that they would of imploded imo. So to sum it up the hutches put all there eggs in one basket that being the regency and failed miserably to pull something of that magnitude off takes a lot of training giving someone an AK doesn’t make them a soldier I would say two properly trained navy seals or sas soldiers would have got the job done but these lads were amateurs probably trained in a field in Monaghan .

Who needs a head set when you have a Fitzgerald ?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement