Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gangland Shootings Cont'd [Mod Note in Post #1 updated 27/01/20

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭markc1184

kub wrote: »
    You are not getting them mixed up with the marked Armed Support Unit by any chance?

ERU are in unmarked vehicles.

Well if that's the case, I've mixed the 2 up. My apologies.

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭Nibs05

So has CP done a runner to uk or is it all bull

No and in fact drafted in more heavies from the uk

https://www.thesun.ie/news/5008666/cornelius-price-extra-muscle-100k-bounty-on-head/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭Banana Republic.

Nibs05 wrote: »

Anyone know will this escalate the violence or quieten it? Obviously no idea who these "heavies" are.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,647 ✭✭✭Wildly Boaring

kub wrote: »
    You are not getting them mixed up with the marked Armed Support Unit by any chance?

ERU are in unmarked vehicles.

"GRA seeks 'urgent' meeting with Commissioner over resourcing of Emergency Response Unit https://jrnl.ie/4973355

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Takeyapickaxe

No and in fact drafted in more heavies from the uk

other news says different, but i cannot post link yet

extra.ie/2020/01/21/news/irish-news/drogheda-gang-boss-flees-britain

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭horsebox1977

@MicktheHack

Where is Jim Cusack these days do you know?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,713 ✭✭✭Gods Gift

How can we defeat gangland crime when we don’t even enforce the planning laws.

Army sitting on their holes or playing war games in Wicklow mountains. Should set up a checkpoint at the gates and check for everything tax, insurance, nct driving licenses. And if it’s an illegal settlement, do what the Israeli army do. (Not that I like the IDF)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭Banana Republic.

other news says different, but i cannot post link yet

extra.ie/2020/01/21/news/irish-news/drogheda-gang-boss-flees-britain

Then again the paper saying the heavies have been called in is a Rag of the highest order.

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭Nibs05

Gods Gift wrote: »

Army sitting on their holes or playing war games in Wicklow mountains. Should set up a checkpoint at the gates and check for everything tax, insurance, nct driving licenses. And if it’s an illegal settlement, do what the Israeli army do. (Not that I like the IDF)

They have carried out checkpoints outside in the past.

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/news/gardai-operate-checkpoint-close-to-home-of-gangland-boss-as-prison-release-sparks-fears-of-further-feud-violence-38124949.html

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭Mr.burgess

Then again the paper saying the heavies have been called in is a Rag of the highest order.

It definitely is and once again got that information from here as it was said over the weekend i believe garbage reporters.

• Advertisement

And a car sped off when it was stood down. All above board I’m sure.

I’m talking 24hr army checkpoint. Like when the foot and mouth arrived.
    They could make life very difficult for them. Taking vehicles and constantly searching.
    Tax brought down al Capone. You don’t have to catch them pulling the trigger.

Big question is who would be the big winner in all this, who will profit the most.

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭Noseygit

Big question is who would be the big winner in all this, who will profit the most.

Funeral parlour

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭Tippsman

The importers, financial institutions who buy cheap properties due to gang wars in certain areas, guards with all the overtime, other gangs around the country who can do as they like because so much attention is on Dublin and Drogheda at the moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

Gods Gift wrote: »

At the rate this is escalating it would definitely be worth having some sort of Military Police presence. I wouldn't have much faith in the Guards alone as they are very underresourced and morale is on the floor.

Money will still make its way to the top men.
    Just different people sending it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,769 ✭✭✭P.Walnuts

Anyone know will this escalate the violence or quieten it? Obviously no idea who these "heavies" are.

The obvious answer is usually the right one.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭RoosterCogburn

Haladmirer wrote: »
    So what's the evidence against the young guy that got lifted for breaking bail?
    Evidence about Keane's murder I mean
    Apart from forensics which we won't know about til court
    Was he seen on CCTV in rathmullen with Keane Sunday eve?
    And what's the evidence against ruthless?
    None I fear
    Nothing I've read about anyway

Only the guards can answer all them questions, no one here really knows the full picture apart from Keanes blood being found in Branigans uncless house

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Johnnydoe89

The M family.. The fact they are all family, the others are just young thugs who watching too much TV,full of coke and testosterone

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 247 ✭✭car_radio19834

Machete Salesmen

• Advertisement

"34,584 murders in Mexico in 2019.

The country has been plagued with violence since 2006, when the war on drugs was militarised."

The army or arming all guards isnt the answer. It'll only escalate the situation to a point of no return.

Toleration of illegal drugs is the ideal way.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭Mr.burgess

Tippsman wrote: »
    "34,584 murders in Mexico in 2019.

The country has been plagued with violence since 2006, when the war on drugs was militarised."

The army or arming all guards isnt the answer. It'll only escalate the situation to a point of no return.

Toleration of illegal drugs is the ideal way.
    Stricter sentences for gang involvement the rico law like they have in America would bring it to a halt

Mr.burgess wrote: »
    Stricter sentences for gang involvement the rico law like they have in America would bring it to a halt

IMO that wouldn't work, for every person locked up there will be 100 to take their place.

3 strikes out and then life, would work

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭enricoh

"GRA seeks 'urgent' meeting with Commissioner over resourcing of Emergency Response Unit https://jrnl.ie/4973355

Ha good oul GRA don't ever change. More money, more overtime, more, more ,more.

Eh, what about getting more civilians in to do office work n free up cops to get back doing cop work GRA? Eh, No comment!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭Breakerz

I see a lot of people mentioning that the state should be doing more to stop these people entering crime.. Making excuses for criminality is one of the biggest problems in this country, at all levels. From petty theft to murder someone always has a sob story. Until the state gets tough on criminals and stop giving them 50 chances then nothing will change. Murders, hitmen, drug dealers etc all walking the streets without a care in the world because they know somebody else who has gotten away with it. Until the judges and state wake up then there will be no change. There should be a minimum of 15 years for anybody supplying drugs. Life should mean life, why do people who kill deserve rehabilitation? They don't.

Society is too soft and crime reporters blaming resources in the area are talking nonsense. Anyone who deals with any of these kids knows that. These kids don't listen to anyone and in the majority of cases there is no helping them. Taking the influencers off the streets would be a good start.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

enricoh wrote: »
    Ha good oul GRA don't ever change. More money, more overtime, more, more ,more.

Eh, what about getting more civilians in to do office work n free up cops to get back doing cop work GRA? Eh, No comment!

That's not the GRA's decision...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Mr.burgess wrote: »
    Rodrigo Duterte.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 601 ✭✭✭Haladmirer

If we bring in anything crazy harsh like is being suggested it will only make the crims shoot regular cops to escape being caught
    It's not a workable solution for our unique society
    We enforce the laws that are there already and keep a lid on it that way

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25 Louskerr123

Haladmirer wrote: »
    Any link to pics of him or fb or ig?
    He's the only one not pictured

Altho in the SW they had him silouetted out and he looked like he had a mullet of some sort
    Criminal in itself
    Kboy that is

Who is it you are looking for a picture of? Is it who the quote was about it or who you mentioned in the last part of your reply?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement