Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gangland Shootings Cont'd [Mod Note in Post #1 updated 27/01/20

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Gods Gift wrote: »
    Wayne

Are you talking about this?
    https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-northern-ireland-51170147

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,713 ✭✭✭Gods Gift

Suckit wrote: »

Yeah.

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭reg114

The gardai can have all the resources in the world, the result is the same, brought before a judge and given a light or suspended sentence, the bulk of these guys have double or even triple digit convictions. major judicial reform is needed, but that's not sexy like health and housing, so the government wont touch it.

Remind me what the gov have actually done to further health and housing problems in this country over the last decade ? Homelessness has never been higher. There have never been more patients on trolleys, many women have died because of the inept and criminal way health authorities failed to inform them they had cervical cancer.

In truth no Irish gov has ever taken serious crime in this country seriously. The irony is the breed of gangster we have here is tame compared to their counterparts in other parts of the world. Geographically Ireland is miniscule so should be far far easier to police, but our inept politicians and keystone cops are stuck in the 1980s.

One very simple step the gardai and politicians could take in a heartbeat would be to enact Stop and search legislation, allowing them to stop and search anyone while on patrol. In fact I'd arm the gardai with sniffer dogs and have them flood the city centre every weekend. Community service or fear of actual jail time for the casual drug users will quickly see the druglord's customer base evaporate. Target the customers while simultaneously targeting low, mid and high level dealers. Id even hire the expertise of the DEA. The war on drugs can absolutely be won if there is enough will.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 gw123gw

Gods Gift wrote: »
    Yeah.

no relation

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Takeyapickaxe

Money laundering: Seven arrested as £215m of assets seized in the North someone will be smarting

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,398 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 2 SummerSet

Just seen a video on Twitter of the alleged murderer, can’t attach link but handle is @pearse_0. Not sure who that guy is though?

• Registered Users Posts: 46 HairyFeet

he'll bait you and 5 of your mates and break your jaws and eye sockets , what a tool

and don't get me started on them muuuuuuuuuuuck shades he bought , jesus ffing christ

I've personally seen him start trouble with someone half his size and get it handed to him. Eric on the other hand? Not a lad you wanna mess with

• Registered Users Posts: 739 ✭✭✭flynnlives

reg114 wrote: »
    The war on drugs can absolutely be won if there is enough will.

lol. The war on drugs has been an utter failure the world over.

people are gonna get high regardless, whether that be from drink or from drugs.
    The only proven measures to show any signs off success are legalising, taxing and treatment.
    Proper resources for mental health and wellbeing, closing the wealth/inequality gap. All these work.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 gw123gw

SummerSet wrote: »
    Cheers! One of those that was arrested recently right for something different? Haven’t seen his name pop up much before...

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/courts/high-court/three-drogheda-men-charged-with-false-imprisonment-and-assault-1.3708260%3fmode=amp

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 739 ✭✭✭flynnlives

SummerSet wrote: »
    Just seen a video on Twitter of the alleged murderer, can’t attach link but handle is @pearse_0. Not sure who that guy is though?

Down the Garda station signing on too. lol

• Registered Users Posts: 19,656 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Omackeral wrote: »
    There's literally a book on it called Out on Bail: The Crimes of Ireland's Bail Breakers. Has cases where people have murdered while out on bail. It's truly a sick symptom of the state.

Was reading before as well that criminals released on bail are actually incentivised to go commit more crime before their court hearing because they know well that any sentences handed out will run concurrenrtly rather than consecutively. Effectively their sentence ends up being several crimes for the price of one.

Johndoe19 wrote: »
    Any chance you can make a few enquiries to your buddies? Also any chance you can propose my suggestion of tagging prisoners instead of letting them roam around mocking the system?

Cant understand why tagging isnt used here myself. I mean we have lads wandering the streets with 100+ convictions, stick a tag on them and the Gardai know where they are 24/7 and they know they cant commit a crime without being linked to the scene of it. Its a no brainer IMO.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 247 ✭✭car_radio19834

Don't understand how someone who's arrested in connection with 215m pound crimes can be released on bail.

if that was me, I'd be straight out of the country.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Was reading before as well that criminals released on bail are actually incentivised to go commit more crime before their court hearing because they know well that any sentences handed out will run concurrenrtly rather than consecutively. Effectively their sentence ends up being several crimes for the price of one

Couldn’t put it better myself. They openly brag on prison landings that they’ll “get it ran in” ie receive a concurrent sentence. You see the smirks on their faces when the judge says “to be served concurrently”. A lot of people not getting justice there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭begbysback

Don't understand how someone who's arrested in connection with 215m pound crimes can be released on bail.

if that was me, I'd be straight out of the country.

Innocent until proven guilty, people complain about bail laws but they are based off human rights and rightly so.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭Infernal Racket

Here is alot of the problem as I see it. The main men use kids as their runarounds as they know kids are more or less immune to prosecution until they turn 18. There are lots of kids in jail but it takes a massive amount of offences and convictions to actually get them locked up. A guard out and about stops one of these teens, searches them, finds drugs, arrests them, does the mountain of paperwork that goes along with that simple stop and seizure only for the Garda JLO office to say "relax lads, he's only a kid, we'll give him another chance". My understanding of the JLO scheme and I stand to be corrected, but it was supposed to be used to give a kid a chance, maybe 2 chances. There are little thugs running around who have been through the scheme on multiple occasions and never received a conviction for anything. This teaches the kids that they are more or less invincible to the justice system, they laugh at the Guards doing the work on the ground. I genuinely believe that any Guard with over 2 years experience of this kind of system just gives up on the whole thing and will only do what is necessary to keep themselves out of bother. Again, I'm open to correction but it's my belief.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Happyhour

• Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭jiltloop

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Was reading before as well that criminals released on bail are actually incentivised to go commit more crime before their court hearing because they know well that any sentences handed out will run concurrenrtly rather than consecutively. Effectively their sentence ends up being several crimes for the price of one.

Cant understand why tagging isnt used here myself. I mean we have lads wandering the streets with 100+ convictions, stick a tag on them and the Gardai know where they are 24/7 and they know they cant commit a crime without being linked to the scene of it. Its a no brainer IMO.

Absolutely agree, tagging or if they can't do that then if they are convicted of any crime committed while out on bail they should get consecutive sentences for that crime.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭Mr.burgess

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Lolalita

Happyhour wrote: »

"He said innocent men like a taxi driver have been injured" like he gives a **** about civilians getting injured or killed because of him

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭sexmag

" The defendant told the court it was unfair to punish him for taking precautions and he asked the Judge to change his bail conditions so his routine can be less predictable.

But the State argued bail isn’t an a la carte menu where someone can pick or choose what they want and one breach is a breach too many.

After hearing from both sides, the Judge revoked the man's bail and remanded him in custody."

So he'll be much safer in prison so

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 281 ✭✭OmarLittle187

Lolalita wrote: »
    I saw in one article that he just put up a wall without planning permission and that makes it a compound. A few days ago here however, people were saying the guards wouldn't dare enter it and the army should be deployed along with help from the guards and council to raid it...seems a bit overkill

An operational army barracks is literally right beside it. Literally

Lolalita wrote: »
    "He said innocent men like a taxi driver have been injured" like he gives a **** about civilians getting injured or killed because of him

As the taxi man called him in an interview a coward

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Eircom_Sucks

sexmag wrote: »
    " The defendant told the court it was unfair to punish him for taking precautions and he asked the Judge to change his bail conditions so his routine can be less predictable.

But the State argued bail isn’t an a la carte menu where someone can pick or choose what they want and one breach is a breach too many.

After hearing from both sides, the Judge revoked the man's bail and remanded him in custody."

So he'll be much safer in prison so

let's hope somebody inside does him in

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 281 ✭✭OmarLittle187

Remind me what the gov have actually done to further health and housing problems in this country over the last decade ? Homelessness has never been higher. There have never been more patients on trolleys, many women have died because of the inept and criminal way health authorities failed to inform them they had cervical cancer.

In truth no Irish gov has ever taken serious crime in this country seriously. The irony is the breed of gangster we have here is tame compared to their counterparts in other parts of the world. Geographically Ireland is miniscule so should be far far easier to police, but our inept politicians and keystone cops are stuck in the 1980s.

One very simple step the gardai and politicians could take in a heartbeat would be to enact Stop and search legislation, allowing them to stop and search anyone while on patrol. In fact I'd arm the gardai with sniffer dogs and have them flood the city centre every weekend. Community service or fear of actual jail time for the casual drug users will quickly see the druglord's customer base evaporate. Target the customers while simultaneously targeting low, mid and high level dealers. Id even hire the expertise of the DEA. The war on drugs can absolutely be won if there is enough will.

Wouldn't work. Rodney king ring a bell. There would be protests and riots. Breach of Humana right etc. We've seen riots involving foreign nationals recently in this country. On top of that I think there would be riots in areas notorious for crime with the larger group of criminal Irish citizens themselves.

https://www.facebook.com/185885781448435/posts/2603638429673146/
    Here is that Taxi man's interview your man crawled over the taxi man and that's how he was shot ..they were aiming for him..the girlfriend jumped out the back.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Lolalita

An operational army barracks is literally right beside it. Literally

You think they'd send in the troops to him? Can't remember anything like that happening before. If all these rumours of backup coming from England are true that could go south real quick

let's hope somebody inside does him in

Sure he needed the taxi wrecked up all night slicing and dicing..ringing hot wheels showing him is handy work. That's why he was shot at because the gangs already knew what he done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭Tippsman

They already do stop and search in gangfeud areas and it isn't the newbies fresh from templemore, it's the fckers with the guns who know better then abuse their "position of authority"

Gerry G wrote: »
    Here is alot of the problem as I see it. The main men use kids as their runarounds as they know kids are more or less immune to prosecution until they turn 18. There are lots of kids in jail but it takes a massive amount of offences and convictions to actually get them locked up. A guard out and about stops one of these teens, searches them, finds drugs, arrests them, does the mountain of paperwork that goes along with that simple stop and seizure only for the Garda JLO office to say "relax lads, he's only a kid, we'll give him another chance". My understanding of the JLO scheme and I stand to be corrected, but it was supposed to be used to give a kid a chance, maybe 2 chances. There are little thugs running around who have been through the scheme on multiple occasions and never received a conviction for anything. This teaches the kids that they are more or less invincible to the justice system, they laugh at the Guards doing the work on the ground. I genuinely believe that any Guard with over 2 years experience of this kind of system just gives up on the whole thing and will only do what is necessary to keep themselves out of bother. Again, I'm open to correction but it's my belief.

It's all numbers, guards couldn't give a fck about the areas they patrol or the teens within these areas, they see the people who live within those areas as beneath them, and without reasonable suspicion about a crime being committed or about to be committed they shouldnt be stopping and searching anyone and "abusing their power of authority"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭Mr.burgess

Sure he needed the taxi wrecked up all night slicing and dicing..ringing hot wheels showing him is handy work. That's why he was shot at because the gangs already knew what he done.

Its was a shambles of a attempted hit wasn't it

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement