Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gangland Shootings Cont'd [Mod Note in Post #1 updated 27/01/20

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Takeyapickaxe

You pay peanuts you get monkeys

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Happyhour

Mr.burgess wrote: »
    Its was a shambles of a attempted hit wasn't it

There has been that many attempted shootings on both sides they are all an advertisement for "should of went to Specsavers" advertisement..lol..
    Yes they should ran after him lol

• Registered Users Posts: 29,010 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

[QUOTE=reg114;112315403

One very simple step the gardai and politicians could take in a heartbeat would be to enact Stop and search legislation, allowing them to stop and search anyone while on patrol. In fact I'd arm the gardai with sniffer dogs and have them flood the city centre every weekend. Community service or fear of actual jail time for the casual drug users will quickly see the druglord's customer base evaporate. Target the customers while simultaneously targeting low, mid and high level dealers. Id even hire the expertise of the DEA. The war on drugs can absolutely be won if there is enough will.[/QUOTE]

Stop and Search tactics in UK or USA don't really work. They have become tools for racist intimidation in other countries. In Ireland, there's a good chance that they would be a tool for classist intimidation. This is one sure to way to lose the support of local communities.

The war on drugs is unwinnable. The number of 'casual drug users' greatly exceeds the capacity of prisons or community service options.

No country has won the 'war on drugs'.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Stop and Search tactics in UK or USA don't really work. They have become tools for racist intimidation in other countries. In Ireland, there's a good chance that they would be a tool for classist intimidation. This is one sure to way to lose the support of local communities.

The war on drugs is unwinnable. The number of 'casual drug users' greatly exceeds the capacity of prisons or community service options.

No country has won the 'war on drugs'.
    It depends on your definition of 'win'.
    Drugs themselves can't be beaten, but with users, abusers, dealers and smugglers being the main opponents in the war, Rodrigo Duterte is doing a pretty good job of winning against them in the Phillipines.

He has no doubt commited crimes against humanity, but weighing up the alternatives, many of them would have eventually died directly as a result of those drugs, and the survivors would have likely dragged other innocents into the lifestyle and probably caused their deaths. Every war has casualties.
    You may not agree with the way he is doing it, and it is unlikely that he will ever be held accountable for anything (He's 74 now and still very much in charge). He is likely responsible for the death of almost 13,000 Filipinos, but the greater good may prevail in the end.
    When he is gone, there will likely be an attempt at a resurgence, but it won't be as easy.
    I have to admit, when it comes to this particular war and wiping out the scum that are involved, (and unfortunately, the innocents that are used) he is doing a good job of that if nothing else.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭lcasey90

If you want to see real crackdowns on drug gangs then get a high up politicians son Hooked on drugs and let him build up a debt. Get him to do somthing to reduce half the debt then firebomb the parents house to get the rest. See how long it takes the resources and legislation to come then

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭Banana Republic.

Happyhour wrote: »
    https://www.facebook.com/185885781448435/posts/2603638429673146/
    Here is that Taxi man's interview your man crawled over the taxi man and that's how he was shot ..they were aiming for him..the girlfriend jumped out the back.

Glad he's okay, the poor fella was only doing his job, he knew who he was picking up but naively thought he'd drop him off fast and be done with it, luckily he didn't take his daughter with him. How ironic the intended victim ran to the Garda Station.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Gearoidknows

Happyhour wrote: »
    There has been that many attempted shootings on both sides they are all an advertisement for "should of went to Specsavers" advertisement..lol..
    Yes they should ran after him lol

The hitman's gun jammed after two rounds.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 MajesticMunk

https://www.lmfm.ie/news/lmfm-news/target-of-a-taxi-shooting-in-drogheda-remanded-in-custody/

Afraid for his life, all because of his own actions! Sounding like a ****ing victim!

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭Alliance123

No, I wasn’t.

Does it imply if who know so and so wasn't there then you do know you who was present in the RL video?

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Davidplat

The hitman's gun jammed after two rounds.

Again another example of either dangerious improvised / converted firearms and / or insufficient or highly dangerious ammunition being used by these scroats, it's only a matter of time before a bullet goes stay and a child is dead

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 John McCamstains

https://www.lmfm.ie/news/lmfm-news/target-of-a-taxi-shooting-in-drogheda-remanded-in-custody/

Afraid for his life, all because of his own actions! Sounding like a ****ing victim!

Parasites can’t be victims.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 20 Jo Kaine

Sounds like a lad that would sing like a canary. Not half as brave when not on the bag, the muppet.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,769 ✭✭✭P.Walnuts

Glad he's okay, the poor fella was only doing his job, he knew who he was picking up but naively thought he'd drop him off fast and be done with it, luckily he didn't take his daughter with him. How ironic the intended victim ran to the Garda Station.

He was going there to sign in anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 30 mickthehack

Does it imply if who know so and so wasn't there then you do know you who was present in the RL video?

I think I have a good idea of one. But I specifically asked about the other person and was told no.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,398 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Can someone translate this? :eek:

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭Mr.burgess

Does he know who was there basically

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭Fantomas9mm

I am guessing the cops were monitoring that money laundering ring that they busted today and some of the folks involved with that are known to be connected to the murder. So they’ve brought them on those charges whilst they get concrete evidence to link them to the murder

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,713 ✭✭✭Gods Gift

Judge should have told him that he wasn’t treating him badly, he was treating him accordingly.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭Mr.burgess

I am guessing the cops were monitoring that money laundering ring that they busted today and some of the folks involved with that are known to be connected to the murder. So they’ve brought them on those charges whilst they get concrete evidence to link them to the murder

was that not in n.i ?

Mr.burgess wrote: »
    was that not in n.i ?

PSNI Gardai europol and Interpol operation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45 macapaca

then again maybe not....... those arrested were also supposedly involved in people trafficing and prostitution....so might be linked to the deaths of the immigrants on the back of the trailer recently.

There are thousands of bank accounts and shelter companies which would have taken a bit of time to gather evidence so I doubt these arrests are tied specifically to recent events here.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 281 ✭✭OmarLittle187

I've read multiple articles on the money laundering arrests/raids since this morning and nothing mentioned on any of the articles links to the murder or the drogheda feud itself? At this stage all the articles, aswell as what we know, are quite brief.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 247 ✭✭car_radio19834

A video of a defiant Maguire doing pull-ups at his home was recently circulated on social media and featured the muscular gangster winking at the camera as he carried out his exercise routine.

Does anyone have the video of hotwheels doing pull ups?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭enricoh

I very much doubt it, proper gangsters involved in the money laundering thing today.
    Not like these clowns drawing attention to themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,927 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

enricoh wrote: »
    I very much doubt it, proper gangsters involved in the money laundering thing today.
    Not like these clowns drawing attention to themselves.

Any arrests in Ballymena? Hahaaa

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

lcasey90 wrote: »
    If you want to see real crackdowns on drug gangs then get a high up politicians son Hooked on drugs and let him build up a debt. Get him to do somthing to reduce half the debt then firebomb the parents house to get the rest. See how long it takes the resources and legislation to come then

They only make examples like that of the weak ones that won't fight back, they get to look hard with little risk to themselves.

Plenty of politicians kids have racked up drug debts, you can be sure of that, fook all firebombing gonna happen there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭Banana Republic.

P.Walnuts wrote: »
    He was going there to sign in anyway

Say the Garda were wondering why he was so eager that day but my point is they spend their lives hating the Gardai but they all look for them when they are in trouble.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

I've read multiple articles on the money laundering arrests/raids since this morning and nothing mentioned on any of the articles links to the murder or the drogheda feud itself? At this stage all the articles, aswell as what we know, are quite brief.

215m sterling? Nearly the GDP of NI there I'm gonna go out on a limb and say it has jack sh1t to do with Drogheda.

I'm sure the Whistleblower will be on twitter if he hasn't been already, prob more likely too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Dante7

2ndcoming wrote: »
    215m sterling? Nearly the GDP of NI there I'm gonna go out on a limb and say it has jack sh1t to do with Drogheda.

I'm sure the Whistleblower will be on twitter if he hasn't been already, prob more likely too.

£215m is about 0.5% of Northern Ireland's GDP

• Advertisement

2ndcoming wrote: »

Proceeds of illegal activities does not have to remain in the jurisdiction it was acquired.

Criminals Handbook page 2.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement