Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gangland Shootings Cont'd [Mod Note in Post #1 updated 27/01/20

Options

Comments

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,353 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Mr.burgess wrote: »
    They named him yesterday but cant name him today ?

That would appear to be the case, so we cannot identify the individual by name, initials, nickname or anything else that could be used to identify

Seems a bit absurd, but unfortunately that is where we are

I'm going through today's posts deleting references as required

If anyone has any questions please PM me

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Takeyapickaxe

Beasty wrote: »
    That would appear to be the case, so we cannot identify the individual by name, initials, nickname or anything else that could be used to identify

Seems a bit absurd, but unfortunately that is where we are

I'm going through today's posts deleting references as required

If anyone has any questions please PM me

can we use smilies or sign language

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,353 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

can we use smilies or sign language

Don't mind anyone smiling at the guy being behind bars, just cannot use smileys to spell out his name....;)

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Gearoidknows

Quite possible the suspected killers of Keane Mulready could claim their DNA was at the crime scene because of previous visits there. Would be extremely difficult to prove otherwise. And there is bound to be any number of DNA profiles found who had previously visited but had no involvement in the crime. The suspect remanded today may be screwed because of messages sent, but other suspects may get off scot free.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭STB.

Anonymity for victim to protect his life, Beasty (Article 2 of the European Convention on Human Rights).

It is absurd given he was already named, but it was the basis of his plea against his bail being revoked. It might be accepted that his life is certainly in danger but the breach of bail conditions was seen as a seperate matter.

The real question is how that anonymity extends to media and online publications prior to the bail review hearing. Be interesting to see what online publication do.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭sexmag

STB. wrote: »
    Anonymity for victim to protect his life, Beasty.

It is absurd given he was already named, but it was the basis of his plea against his bail being revoked. It might be accepted that his life is certainly in danger but the breach of bail conditions was seen as a seperate matter.

The article by RTE from yesterday is still there and he is named in it

sexmag wrote: »
    Yes - anyone can read it, but please do not repeat here.

Thanks

EDIT: and just to add I've only gone back to posts made after that article was linked to indicating he could not be named. I have no idea if there are earlier posts that may name him, and have no reason to review back further unless someone reports something

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Gearoidknows

sexmag wrote: »

Absolutely. This order by the high court only prevents the defendant in this particular case from being identified. So we cant name the guy who was in court today but if we have any other knowledge regarding separate cases then he can be named freely.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,398 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

What charge was he on bail for?

Is there a previous case still pending?

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭Tootsie_1

What charge was he on bail for?

Is there a previous case still pending?

"charged with possession of a stolen motorbike and setting fire to a stolen car" in the RTE article

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18 Fiojo78

I thought the pending case was attempted murder. Some fella was stabbed and put in the boot of a car and the car pushed into a river ....

Tootsie_1 wrote: »
    "charged with possession of a stolen motorbike and setting fire to a stolen car" in the RTE article

I thought that was what he was in breach of bail for? And he used that today as a reason for breaking bail.

So he was on bail for something else, what charge was that?

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

Fiojo78 wrote: »
    I thought the pending case was attempted murder. Some fella was stabbed and put in the boot of a car and the car pushed into a river ....

Did he not get off on that?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 601 ✭✭✭Haladmirer

Fiojo78 wrote: »
    How? Just how?
    A Google of his name and it says all over the place "man acquitted"

Did he not get off on that?
    If that's the case it's not something to be discussed further here

Beasty wrote: »
    If that's the case it's not something to be discussed further here

That case is over, done and dusted.

All I'm asking is what original charge was he on bail for & then breached with the stolen bike and burnt car?

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Guessed

That case is over, done and dusted.

All I'm asking is what original charge was he on bail for & then breached with the stolen bike and burnt car?

He was on bail for the stolen bike and arson of a polo

Breached the conditions of that bail and that’s why he’s remanded

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭Banana Republic.

Guessed wrote: »

Perfect timing coincidentally.

I think that's incorrect.

The possession of the stolen bike and the burned car or what the law are saying are the acts that breached bail not the charge(s) he was on bail for

He was acquitted on the attempted murder charge after the guy was stabbed 28 times, placed in the car boot & pushed into the river. But, there were other charges too in that case which the jury could not agree on such as falsely imprisoning Mr B and to causing him serious harm.

I think he was on bail awaiting a re-trial date on those other two outstanding charges.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,187 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

lcasey90 wrote: »
    If you want to see real crackdowns on drug gangs then get a high up politicians son Hooked on drugs and let him build up a debt. Get him to do somthing to reduce half the debt then firebomb the parents house to get the rest. See how long it takes the resources and legislation to come then

Happened already. Politician's son in Midlands. Caused havoc when going to ul. Ended up doing a stretch.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Fiojo78

He was acquitted on the attempted murder charge after the guy was stabbed 28 times, placed in the car boot & pushed into the river. But, there were other charges too in that case which the jury could not agree on such as falsely imprisoning Mr B and to causing him serious harm.

I think he was on bail awaiting a re-trial date on those other two outstanding charges.

That’s what I thought that the jury was inconclusive on some of the charges relating to that case

I think that's incorrect.

The possession of the stolen bike and the burned car or what the law are saying are the acts that breached bail not the charge(s) he was on bail for

The RTE article said he’s charged with them two offences and since his release he has breached bail conditions a number of times.

The RTE article said he’s charged with them two offences and since his release he has breached bail conditions a number of times.

Those charges are what broke his bail, not what he was on bail for. I just found the original article on it, won't post the link as it contains names.

Those charges are what broke his bail, not what he was on bail for. I just found the original article on it, won't post the link as it contains names.

Charged with offences and the outcome of a trial are two different things. He is on bail awaiting a trial date. Nothing has been proven by a court yet.

The burning of car is from 18th April why would he only be charged now?? He was on bail for that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭pablo128

Jesus Christ. He broke his bail conditions by not signing on in the Garda station when he was meant to. The reason he gave in court is that he was in fear of being attacked as they knew his routine. And he was correct as someone tried to whack him on his way to sign on.

The charge was possession of a robbed bike and burning a car.

STB. wrote: »
    Charged with offences and the outcome of a trial are two different things. He is on bail awaiting a trial date. Nothing has been proven by a court yet.

Yea and the question asked was what charges nothing bout anything been proven. Read whole conversation that’s been replied to nothing was said along the lines of anything proven by a court!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Stigma 666

He breached his bail conditions 41 times

• Advertisement

Yea and the question asked was what charges nothing bout anything been proven. Read whole conversation that’s been replied to nothing was said along the lines of anything proven by a court!

I actually quoted the wrong post! The fella that replied to you I meant to quote (I'll correct it with the right quote).

Incidentally he was initially denied bail in the pending case but that somehow changed!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement