Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gangland Shootings Cont'd [Mod Note in Post #1 updated 27/01/20

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭pablo128

Nathan Coakley must be due for release soon. He got 2 years, didn't he?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 fqollere

Will ye stop.

He's had his time and he's shot his bolt.

He's afraid to set foot in the country,there's a target painted on the backs of all his relatives and the cops have smashed the dissident connection he may or may not have had.

Unless he's planning to raise an army of the undead he's pretty much a spent force within gangland.

you're never out of danger

remember benny blanco

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭Alliance123

snickers wrote: »
    There was a lot of planning for sure but well planned I don’t think so in this day and age with all the different types of communication devices available If they had an unknown spotter inside communicating to gunmen via headsets or whatever the location of the main body of the kinahan crew then things would be a lot different there would surely have been a massacre and with that many top level members taken out there would have been a huge vacuum in power on the kinahan side and cause that many problems that they would of imploded imo. So to sum it up the hutches put all there eggs in one basket that being the regency and failed miserably to pull something of that magnitude off takes a lot of training giving someone an AK doesn’t make them a soldier I would say two properly trained navy seals or sas soldiers would have got the job done but these lads were amateurs probably trained in a field in Monaghan .

The whole thing was deliberately designed to look like a paramilitary operation. Something's certainly could have been better planned and someone got lucky on the day, but watching the video the guys with the AK47's were cool as ice and not panicked. They knew they had time, no innocent casualties and any bullet fired hit the target even in that chaos but obviously main target escaped.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

The whole thing was deliberately designed to look like a paramilitary operation. Something's certainly could have been better planned and someone got lucky on the day, but watching the video the guys with the AK47's were cool as ice and not panicked. They knew they had time, no innocent casualties and any bullet fired hit the target even in that chaos but obviously main target escaped.

Which video is this? Only one I've seen is from near the front of the room, and the cameraman only turns backwards for a split second before legging it outside?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭pablo128

Which video is this? Only one I've seen is from near the front of the room, and the cameraman only turns backwards for a split second before legging it outside?

Put regency hotel shooting into YouTube and it will come up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Deco Barry

The majority of people are led to believe that they entered the Regency and started spraying bullets everywhere like John Rambo,to be fair the media have portrayed it that way,hyperbole

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Dante7

Harry was a bit unhinged. So much so that some of the lads commissioned to do hits now are told to stay off the white and just have a spliff instead. Terrible instruction.

Dante7 wrote: »
    Harry was a bit unhinged. So much so that some of the lads commissioned to do hits now are told to stay off the white and just have a spliff instead. Terrible instruction.

I'd be surprised if any were under the influence at the time. I believe it was someone else who finished off the victim.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 667 ✭✭✭lola85

Getting the CIRA to claim responsibility was another OG.

Straight away people knew that was a cover.

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Deco Barry

lola85 wrote: »
    Getting the CIRA to claim responsibility was another OG.

Straight away people knew that was a cover.

Yeah on top of the amateur job done to try and conceal Patrick Hutch

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭Righteouswrong

Shots fired at a house in ballymun. It’s funny when anything happens in ballymun there is relatively no talk, a shooting anywhere else and this thread comes alive, why is that?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

Shots fired at a house in ballymun. It’s funny when anything happens in ballymun there is relatively no talk, a shooting anywhere else and this thread comes alive, why is that?
    Are they shooting out of Ballymun or into Ballymun ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,081 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Deco Barry wrote: »
    Yeah on top of the amateur job done to try and conceal Patrick Hutch

Can you imagine the cops looking at the video..."ha look there's young paddy hutch....oh sh1t did we just compromise the case?"

• Registered Users Posts: 12 john_galt

Can you imagine the cops looking at the video..."ha look there's young paddy hutch....oh sh1t did we just compromise the case?"

Who is the amateur then?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,081 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

john_galt wrote: »
    Who is the amateur then?

Japan 4

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭avalidusername

pablo128 wrote: »
    Nathan Coakley must be due for release soon. He got 2 years, didn't he?

Got 2 for the stolen car in early December '17, then a week later got 5 for the Spar robbery. Can't find anything about consecutive or concurrent but sure they're always concurrent so 5 years after Dec '17 with remission and good boy behaviour would be just before middle of 2020 I think.

You can say the exact same for Daniel Kinahan, minus the part where there is a target on the backs of all his relatives. If anyone can play the long game its Gerry Hutch but for the moment I think there is nothing he can do. Pressure from the law, lack of funds, lack of manpower I just don't see a move he could make.

He'll play the long game, you're right. Everyone knows where Kinahans and their yes men are, probably could pinpoint within a mile of where they are. Gerry Hutch and family vanished like a fart in the wind there years ago and no media or police have a clue where he is... No one. That's impressive. Even Christy was picked up strolling through Hong Kong by the Star...I don't believe it's in Hutch's DNA to let go what's happened. There's a reason ppl are hiding in the desert.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,981 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

He'll play the long game, you're right. Everyone knows where Kinahans and their yes men are, probably could pinpoint within a mile of where they are. Gerry Hutch and family vanished like a fart in the wind there years ago and no media or police have a clue where he is... No one. That's impressive. Even Christy was picked up strolling through Hong Kong by the Star...I don't believe it's in Hutch's DNA to let go what's happened. There's a reason ppl are hiding in the desert.

I think you've been watching too many Batman movies dude

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Voltex

Has anyone seen the Whistleblowers tweet about Nicky McConnell going missing? Last seen in Turkey...implying he may have met a similar fate to Git Gilroy.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 281 ✭✭OmarLittle187

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭KM792

CAB are watching a city centre funeral home now as they believe the kinahans are using it to clean money.Todays Independent.
    Any idea where this is?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭avalidusername

"The stray shots did not damage the building and no one was injured in the attack."

Man Utd are in talks to sign the shooter for 350k a week to improve their prospects this season :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭Righteouswrong

Where is the funeral parlour they’re talking about? That’s a strange one, straight out of the wire.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Dante7

Where is the funeral parlour they’re talking about? That’s a strange one, straight out of the wire.

Funeral Homes and gravestone businesses are perfect for laundering. Huge bills that aren't questioned. Very easy to bill a 5k job as 25k and no one would ever query it. Well, up until now.

• Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭Joe Don Dante

Kieron Ducie

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭The Enbalmer

Kieron Ducie

What's that prick got to do with anything?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

The Guards will look after Ducie, he'll be ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭KM792

Danzy wrote: »
    The Guards will look after Ducie, he'll be ok.

Isn't his brother doing time for threatening a guard with a meat cleaver?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Scoundrel

I see Alan Wilson got 6 years today for conspiring to murder Gary Hanley.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,951 ✭✭✭6541

Scoundrel wrote: »
    I see Alan Wilson got 6 years today for conspiring to murder Gary Hanley.

6 Years is nothing - sentences in this country are a joke.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement