Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gangland Shootings Cont'd [Mod Note in Post #1 updated 27/01/20

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,534 ✭✭✭Chalk McHugh

NaDeise92 wrote: »
    Some combination alright. I was waiting for Dunphy to mention he was flat out on the stuff himself

He did say it he did coke on this programme. And marijuana. Only surprise was he wasn't laughing as he said it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,713 ✭✭✭Gods Gift

Went in for a look around that compound in Gormanstown last nite.
    Till a dog barked so I had to leg it out of there, didn’t sleep a wink last nite.
    And I’m 100 miles away just looking at google maps and the dog was my own.
    I wouldn’t be cut out for that life atall atall.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Sunst

Andreenkova?

Yes - @Kinahanpassport on twitter

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Horizontal smile

No extradition agreement between Ireland and Turkey. That's why lads on the run like going there.

I was in north cyprus last year (occupied by turkey) and saw a very famous irish criminal currently in hiding sitting on a back terrace drinking coffee. when i ordered my breakfast they heard my accent and left

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Horizontal smile

Andreenkova?

with all the naming she does on twitter how has nothing ever happened. there was even talk she went missing for a while

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

Gods Gift wrote: »
    Till a dog barked so I had to leg it out of there, didn’t sleep a wink last nite.

Gas but where would one find such a thing? Mooching around the Army camp here on Google Earth but not seeing anything that fits the bill...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13 Thexliff506

I was in north cyprus last year (occupied by turkey) and saw a very famous irish criminal currently in hiding sitting on a back terrace drinking coffee. when i ordered my breakfast they heard my accent and left

Ya they ain't worried about being extradited. I'd say there more concerned about the other gang they're feuding with having a pop at them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,415 ✭✭✭BluePlanet

I think it's down to resources, the government only react to back the Garda up after the horse has bolted. Slashing OT on a force that's under resourced leads to this all getting outta hand, they need to go Limerick style on this one.

If it were a question of resources, then explain how they can go after them now despite no new resources ? (that i know about).

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭White lighting

2ndcoming wrote: »
    Gas but where would one find such a thing? Mooching around the Army camp here on Google Earth but not seeing anything that fits the bill...

As far as i know Your not to far off, zoom into the bottom of the quarry beside the Army camp

• Registered Users Posts: 5,099 ✭✭✭Mech1

2ndcoming wrote: »

NW of the army camp beside the quarry type area named NEDS on google maps.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭lcasey90

Where abouts in gormastown is the compound?

• Registered Users Posts: 22 yellabelly20

Mech1 wrote: »
    NW of the army camp beside the quarry type area named NEDS on google maps.

Yeah it's down as Rockleigh House on the paper but Rockley house on Google maps.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Titan2020

I cannot understand how the Gardai cannot get their hands around this. How big is Drogheda, how difficult can it be to round up a bunch of illiterate thugs.
    There's alot of these ethnic minority gangs around the country, causing havoc everywhere, cops are afraid of there **** of them, I was I court a few yrs back and 2 rival families ( gangs) started roaring abuse at each other across the court..fights started and spilled out to front of court house, not 1 person arrested, 1 law for them 1 law for us

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Takeyapickaxe

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭Stevieluvsye

Looks relatively tidy enough

I have seen much worse, Labre park springs to mind

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭lcasey90

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Takeyapickaxe

Tuff Gong wrote: »
    We'll ring Gormanstown camp and get them to lob a couple dozen 60mm mortars down on top of that location. It's a start...

empty target, not worth the waste of shells, but the weekend is coming.

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭Noseygit

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭Noseygit

Literally next to gormanstown

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭Mehaffey1

Noseygit wrote: »
    It's not in rathmines mate

Brought me to Portadown, nearest army barracks was Google's reckoning there.

Rockley House Drogheda in the search gets you there but you can see f all anyways.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭begbysback

NaDeise92 wrote: »
    Not sure if its been mentioned or not but on Soundcloud there's a great piece from Eamon Dunphy & Nicola Tallant on the recent killing & the Drogheda feud
    https://soundcloud.com/thestandwitheamondunphy/ep-611-the-drug-crime-crisis-brazen-killers-under-resourced-gardai

Worth a listen on the way home from work.

Difficult to listen to with the stuttering, pretty remarkable how these 2 can talk for 40 mins and say nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭Banana Republic.

Gods Gift wrote: »

That hilarious, queue Google Earth searches lol

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,303 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

If you have a problem with a post or poster, report it and leave the modding to the mods

Watching Hutch v Kinahan https://youtu.be/p2f1FObgfgQ
    and seeing what happening now it's in stark contrast, least even the public knew which side was which but in this new feud played out in public it seems so many are aligned and switching sides which ultimately ended the young lads life recently. Therefore the trust must be at an all time low with these gangs and that's the dangerous thing about it. Retaliation could be made even more public to upstage the barbaric killing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭Infernal Racket

Watching Hutch v Kinahan https://youtu.be/p2f1FObgfg Q and seeing what happening now it's in stark contrast, least even the public knew which side was which but in this new feud played out in public it seems so many are aligned and switching sides which ultimately ended the young lads life recently. Therefore the trust must be at an all time low with these gangs and that's the dangerous thing about it. Retaliation could be made even more public to upstage the barbaric killing.

That and the fact that they're all using their own product can only lead to more and more carnage. Only question now is who is next?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 WarZMeDa

After only really finding out about the true extent of all these feuds after the gruesome murder of the young lad. I have spent the last 5 or 6 days reading through this thread and some other material, it took a while but I think I more or less know 90% of what is going on. All I have to say is WHAT THE ****??? Dont get any of this nonsense in scotland and I never realised it was all so brutal, ruthless and evil with the drug gangs. Over here you might get stabbed or taken away in a transit and get a toe taken off but that's it..

Gerry G wrote: »
    That and the fact that they're all using their own product can only lead to more and more carnage. Only question now is who is next?

Depends on what the guy whose went to regroup is up too, the lines are so blurred, whose on whose side. It's crazy. I wonder with Hutch is he playing the long game in his feud especially with the other group supposedly on the way down but that's only according to reports. The silence can be deafing too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭begbysback

WarZMeDa wrote: »
    After only really finding out about the true extent of all these feuds after the gruesome murder of the young lad. I have spent the last 5 or 6 days reading through this thread and some other material, it took a while but I think I more or less know 90% of what is going on. All I have to say is WHAT THE ****??? Dont get any of this nonsense in scotland and I never realised it was all so brutal, ruthless and evil with the drug gangs. Over here you might get stabbed or taken away in a transit and get a toe taken off but that's it..
    There were some statistics I seen recently, number of gun murders and Ireland was ranked higher than Scotland, but knife murders ranked higher there, is seems from watching documentaries on the Ferris McGraw feud that knives were weapon of choice as they preferred to get up close and personal. And was that feud not as violent as ones we have here now?

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭Mr.burgess

WarZMeDa wrote: »

The death of that kid is not something we have seen over here before

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 WarZMeDa

begbysback wrote: »
    There were some statistics I seen recently, number of gun murders and Ireland was ranked higher than Scotland, but knife murders ranked higher there, is seems from watching documentaries on the Ferris McGraw feud that knives were weapon of choice as they preferred to get up close and personal. And was that feud not as violent as ones we have here now?

I'm a bit up north from Glasgow so I'm not too clued up about the goings on there but yeah it isn't too far off the same level of violence. I think after the ice cream wars etc the police cracked right down on all organised crime, of course it still exists it's just done more in the shadows now whereas these irish lads dont give a ****. Post videos of their crimes and all sorts..

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement