Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gangland Shootings Cont'd [Mod Note in Post #1 updated 27/01/20

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭ballsdeep69

If i was on my toes I would head for China, nobody will come looking there. :)

Like a game of where's Wally

• Registered Users Posts: 3,534 ✭✭✭Chalk McHugh

GARDAÍ are increasing patrols in Blackpool on the northside of #Cork city following the release of two videos by opposing gangs.
    The videos of up to 40 masked men armed with various implements, threatening each other, were circulated within a couple of hours of each other.
    @Irelandunderworld page on Twitter there's video footage, looks like it's going to kick off there too.

For Rep of Ireland's second city Cork never really had any gangland to talk about. Limerick is good bit smaller and is one dangerous little hotspot at times but Cork? How did the local players never really fall out over the years?

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭lcasey90

For Rep of Ireland's second city Cork never really had any gangland to talk about. Limerick is good bit smaller and is one dangerous little hotspot at times but Cork? How did the local players never really fall out over the years?

I reckon they felt the effects of the limerick fueds so they keep civil to avoid the hassle seems to work too

• Registered Users Posts: 7 WarZMeDa

Mr.burgess wrote: »
    The death of that kid is not something we have seen over here before

I understand that. It is only what sparked my interest into the larger picture of what is going on.

lcasey90 wrote: »
    I reckon they felt the effects of the limerick fueds so they keep civil to avoid the hassle seems to work too

Yea possibly but even so there's bound to be some major falling outs over the usual stuff. I remember Ducky O Flynn and his brothers had small feud with some other family back in the 90s but not sure if there was anyone whacked. In fact i cant really remember any gangland murders in Cork City (bar the odd dissident republican).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭sexmag

Not so sure, he was posting stuff which named 3 people who are now unconnected to the crime scene. Hes going off hearsay same as the rest of us. I reckon that if there was videos sent to anyone by the perpetrators, then the travellers are guessing who else might have been there. And they're basically just naming anyone now who is connected to the gang

Pretty sure the account is like WhatsApp dublin and they just get info and videos sent to them and they just post it without giving a sh*t. Their followers have increased by 4000 in the last week,they do it for the attention and fun

So many lads gone into hiding over this Drogheda feud since Woods' murder. Can you blame them? If i was involved or connected in any way to either side i'd be taking a few weeks sabbatical in some quiet part of the world. I still cant understand why Eddie Hutch Snr didn't get the hell out of dodge for a while after the hotel job to let the dust settle. I know he wasn't involved but surely he knew the type of anger that was going to be out there and anyone connected to the perpetrators were fair game? Call it instinct or survival skills. Dont leave anything to chance. Time, and only time, can lessen feelings of retribution.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Dante7

It's very hard to do business with these lads. The traveller mentality has spread to all of them in this dispute. Both sides are just scum. I don't think anyone would shed a tear if both sides were wiped out.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Vague9i0

Anyone reading this must think Ireland is a no go. When I lived there all the gang stuff was kicking off, but for a while they only killed each other. There were of course ppl caught in the crossfire who were innocent, but you could live in the city and still feel safe. You also had really up market places right next door to scummy flats or estates and it didn't really cross between the 2. I hope this doesn't put ppl off Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭Banana Republic.

Maybe there's enough turf for everyone and they aren't living in each others pockets, alot of these fueds seem to be amongst ppl who were friends and fell out with each other even family. The amount of money in Dublin and the amount of counties neighboring it adds to all the issues. Cork seems to be there by itself really.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭realrebel

Yea possibly but even so there's bound to be some major falling outs over the usual stuff. I remember Ducky O Flynn and his brothers had small feud with some other family back in the 90s but not sure if there was anyone whacked. In fact i cant really remember any gangland murders in Cork City (bar the odd dissident republican).

Michael Crinnon was shot and killed he was part of the Flynn's gang
    Darren falsely was killed in carrigaline
    Kieran o Flynn shot on the north side
    Eric Cummins was shot in ballincollig
    David Brett was shot in north cork
    That's off the top of my head

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭TallyRand

Can anyone share the John Corcoran Facebook stuff? Not on Facebook and wouldn’t know my way around it

• Site Banned Posts: 19 Liverpoolfan20

TallyRand wrote: »
    Can anyone share the John Corcoran Facebook stuff? Not on Facebook and wouldn’t know my way around it

Don't think it's allowed. Most of it is rubbish.

Maybe there's enough turf for everyone and they aren't living in each others pockets, alot of these fueds seem to be amongst ppl who were friends and fell out with each other even family. The amount of money in Dublin and the amount of counties neighboring it adds to all the issues. Cork seems to be there by itself really.

Don't have the same culture of violence in Cork either.

• Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭starbaby2003

Don't have the same culture of violence in Cork either.

Which is strange given the level of violence outside John Graces after a night out, back in the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭torres9kop

A lot of violence these days and lots getting clipped. Shocking stuff all together

GARDAÍ are increasing patrols in Blackpool on the northside of #Cork city following the release of two videos by opposing gangs.
    The videos of up to 40 masked men armed with various implements, threatening each other, were circulated within a couple of hours of each other.
    @Irelandunderworld page on Twitter there's video footage, looks like it's going to kick off there too.

Nothing will happen there. Just the local teenagers acting up.

Telly wrote: »
    Cause he’s a funny fúcker! If you didn’t laugh there’s something wrong with you!

I didn't laugh at it. Thought it was stupid to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 AlCapone1

Nothing will happen there. Just the local teenagers acting up.

Far from local teenagers acting up. 2 massive traveller families are at it

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭Alliance123

So ya man takes off to Birmingham in the Uk, and probably picking up cash and orders from the Dubai mans LFC fan living in brum.

Hes from the uk. Manchester

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭TallyRand

TheW1zard wrote: »
    Its the Sandycove Savages Im worried about, they've been beefing with the Dunlaoghaire Dodgers for years and we all know what they're like :(

Painfully UN-funny, usually if I have a read of posts I don’t like I skip past without a second thought but these types of sh*t jokes are so annoying

• Registered Users Posts: 7,074 ✭✭✭Jeff2

TallyRand wrote: »

If you're not on Facebook you won't see what is posted on that account.

If you sign up to Facebook with any name and any email address then Google the name plus Facebook you will find it easy.

I don't think anyone will link it here or could be banned.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Border wolf

Something happening in termon abbey in drogheda garda and ambulance up around it ?

Something happening in termon abbey in drogheda garda and ambulance up around it ?

Any update, or was it a load of rubbish?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Border wolf

Any update, or was it a load of rubbish?

No update there was 6 squad cars and a ambulance there earlier, not rubbish

• Registered Users Posts: 10,288 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Vague9i0 wrote: »
    Anyone reading this must think Ireland is a no go. When I lived there all the gang stuff was kicking off, but for a while they only killed each other. There were of course ppl caught in the crossfire who were innocent, but you could live in the city and still feel safe. You also had really up market places right next door to scummy flats or estates and it didn't really cross between the 2. I hope this doesn't put ppl off Dublin
    Most people don’t care. They go on with their lives completely oblivious. There’s a reason why worldwide they call it ‘the underworld’

Forums like this shine a light on it but 99% of the country can easily avoid it most of the time

Something like this murder flashes up and everyone complains but most people just go on to the next story and say stuff like ‘everything is getting worse’ when it crops up again on their social media timelines

When in reality it’s never been safer to live in Ireland for most law abiding citizens.

EDIT: not to say the killing last week wasn’t barbaric. It’s just that, and please don’t take this the wrong way, it was just *one* incident like that and it doesn’t mean that it will become a pattern

• Closed Accounts Posts: 568 ✭✭✭NewMan1982

Was there anything else released on that body found near Drogheda a few days after Keanes murder?

I’m assuming it wasn’t a murder considering nothing was mentioned here since the original breaking story at the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Happyhour

NewMan1982 wrote: »
    Was there anything else released on that body found near Drogheda a few days after Keanes murder?

I’m assuming it wasn’t a murder considering nothing was mentioned here since the original breaking story at the time.

No connection not suspicious

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭40supple

NewMan1982 wrote: »

Suspected victim of a hit & run, could of been there a couple of days, joe soap walking home from the pub on a country road

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 11 defomcbigno

No update there was 6 squad cars and a ambulance there earlier, not rubbish

Not there now though? If so it’s probably something or nothing.

Has there been a motive established for the St. Margaret’s shooting? First we hear one of the victims died, then both were injured, then two arrests and then nothing. I drove past the forklift site today and it was business as usual.

What the hell happened?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement