Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gangland Shootings Cont'd [Mod Note in Post #1 updated 27/01/20

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭Noseygit

Quiet on here tonight.

Where is everyone?, seemed to be popping for the last few weeks reading back.

Wheres all the regulars tonight?

Bought a few tins and was gonna read this tonight.

Last time someone posted something similar some young lad got chopped up

• Registered Users Posts: 3,534 ✭✭✭Chalk McHugh

I cant really see anything happening in this Drogheda/Coolock feud for a fair bit of time. Few months anyway. Garda all over it. Lads hiding out left, right and centre. Together with the Hutch feud going very quiet when the garda got on top of it and banged loads of lads up on serious charges it may be a very quiet first half of the year around the capital. Thats how i see it but have to wait and see.

• Site Banned Posts: 11 defomcbigno

I cant really see anything happening in this Drogheda/Coolock feud for a fair bit of time. Few months anyway. Garda all over it. Lads hiding out left, right and centre. Together with the Hutch feud going very quiet when the garda got on top of it and banged loads of lads up on serious charges it may be a very quiet first half of the year around the capital. Thats how i see it but have to wait and see.

Sounds like wishful thinking to me...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,074 ✭✭✭Jeff2

Not there now though? If so it’s probably something or nothing.

Has there been a motive established for the St. Margaret’s shooting? First we hear one of the victims died, then both were injured, then two arrests and then nothing. I drove past the forklift site today and it was business as usual.

What the hell happened?

One did die but was resuscitated.

So report was correct at the time when one was dead.

Jeff2 wrote: »
    One did die but was resuscitated.

So report was correct at the time when one was dead.

Any idea why Lazarus was targeted in the first place? What was the motive?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭Noseygit

Not there now though? If so it’s probably something or nothing.

Has there been a motive established for the St. Margaret’s shooting? First we hear one of the victims died, then both were injured, then two arrests and then nothing. I drove past the forklift site today and it was business as usual.

What the hell happened?

They were expecting someone else to be there

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭Banana Republic.

This would be great for everyone innocently living around all this. Back into the shadows and leave people live in peace.

Noseygit wrote: »
    They were expecting someone else to be there

Oh right. So it was mistaken identity?

What was the motive though? I just find it baffling that there as little or no media coverage of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭baldbear

Oh right. So it was mistaken identity?

What was the motive though? I just find it baffling that there as little or no media coverage of it.

One guy was shot in the head and is in Beaumont. I find it strange that the media aren't all over it. If it's mistaken identity & 2 innocent men shot and no outcry?
    One guy shot was a truck driver. Who owns the yard they were shot in?

baldbear wrote: »
    One guy was shot in the head and is in Beaumont. I find it strange that the media aren't all over it. If it's mistaken identity & 2 innocent men shot and no outcry?

The guy shot was a truck driver. Who owns the yard they were shot in?

I don’t know but it was business as usual there today.

• Advertisement

Anytime someone mentions the shooting of the truck drivers I can’t help but wonder if they are the two brothers that the UK police want to chat to in regards to the Vietnamese found dead in the lorry in Essex.

I’m probably way off.

Anytime someone mentions the shooting of the truck drivers I can’t help but wonder if they are the two brothers that the UK police want to chat to in regards to the Vietnamese found dead in the lorry in Essex.

I’m probably way off.

That would explain a lot, why the story has been ‘killed’ and there’s no further info to be reported. The Gardaí are waiting for them to be discharged and will quietly hand them over to Essex Police.

That is a good theory.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭baldbear

I’m probably way off.

Bit more to the story here if you can view it.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/suspects-arrested-as-two-men-badly-injured-in-dublin-double-shooting-1.4142872

Bit more to the story here if you can view it.

Cheers, didn’t say much about the other guy who was injured.

The more I think about it the more it sounds like it was connected to the Essex deaths. The other man who was supposed to have been there could’ve been another person involved in the tragedy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭IRE60

One guy shot was a truck driver. Who owns the yard they were shot in?

Beakers yard as well seemingly. Yea, there's a particular radio silence on this one. The taxi driver shot in the crossfire in Drog got substantially more coverage than the two lads - very little update on the most serious injured - other fella released from hospital at the weekend (?) .
    If you think about it, when OM was in hospital the media were all over it like a rash (pun deliberate!)

IRE60 wrote: »
    Beakers yard as well seemingly. Yea, there's a particular radio silence on this one. The taxi driver shot in the crossfire in Drog got substantially more coverage than the two lads - very little update on the most serious injured - other fella released from hospital at the weekend (?) .
    If you think about it, when OM was in hospital the media were all over it like a rash (pun deliberate!)

Do you think it’s related to the Essex deaths? I have to say it is plausible.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭refusetolose

Yea possibly but even so there's bound to be some major falling outs over the usual stuff. I remember Ducky O Flynn and his brothers had small feud with some other family back in the 90s but not sure if there was anyone whacked. In fact i cant really remember any gangland murders in Cork City (bar the odd dissident republican).

7 December 2016: Aidan ‘The Beast’ O’Driscoll (37) shot dead by two gunmen on a busy street in Blackpool, Cork City. O’Driscoll was a leading member of the Real IRA in Cork and was a suspect in several murders in both Cork and Dublin.

3 August 2011: Darren Falsey (36) shot dead in Carrigaline, Cork. Drug related. No convictions.

20 January 2010: Heroin dealer Gerard ‘Topper’ Stanton (42) shot dead by lone gunman outside his home in Wilton, Cork. Real IRA claimed responsibility. No convictions.

20 May 2008: Darren McGrath (33), from Cork, shot dead in Cavan in drug related killing. Trevor McCabe (35) convicted after trial and sentenced to life.

21 May 2007: Convicted drug dealer David Brett (33) shot dead near his home in Ballydesmond, north Cork. Motive unclear. No convictions.

14 September 2005: Cork drug trafficker Michael ‘Danser’ Aherne (38) shot dead in Albufeira, Portugal. Englishman David Figueira convicted of murder and sentenced to 17 years. Three Irishmen were convicted of aiding in the murder and were given much lighter sentences.

13 August 2005: Convicted drug dealer Eric Cummins (31) shot dead in Ballincollig, Cork. Killed by criminal gang from Cork’s southside. No convictions

8 June 2001: Convicted drug trafficker Keiran O’Flynn (39) shot dead as he answered his front door in Thorndale, Cork. O’Flynn was a senior member of one of Cork’s major gangs. Killed by rival drugs gang. No convictions.

8 April 1995: Gangland enforcer Michael Crinnion (35) shot dead outside a bar in Barrack Street, Cork City. Crinnion was a senior member of the O’Flynn crime gang and was killed by rival Cork criminals. No convictions.

source: https://ganglandireland.wordpress.com/

The Hughes brothers are from Armagh and ran the haulage company near the border in Monaghan. One of them was done for cigarette smuggling.

The news report above says the guys show were from Dublin, so I’m way off :D

I do wonder about the Hughes brothers though. Not regarding gangland as such but whether they’ve smuggled themselves out of Ireland in a container or trailer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,529 ✭✭✭kaymin

Do you think it’s related to the Essex deaths? I have to say it is plausible.

The two brothers involved with the deaths of the Vietnamese were from Armagh and are aged 40 and 34

The man wounded in the head is a 39-year-old from north east Dublin.

The Hughes brothers are from Armagh and ran the haulage company near the border in Monaghan. One of them was done for cigarette smuggling.

The news report above says the guys show were from Dublin, so I’m way off :D

I do wonder about the Hughes brothers though. Not regarding gangland as such but whether they’ve smuggled themselves out of Ireland in a container or trailer.

Maybe they want you think they’re from Dublin:D.

Yes the Hughes brothers are probably long gone at this stage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22 AlCapone1

armed response had 5 held at gunpoint in cork tonight with that traveller feud.
    cant attach picture as im a new user but facebook page the " The Capital" has it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭refusetolose

82443360_2873529189334710_8610224172125126656_o.jpg?_nc_cat=102&_nc_eui2=AeHXdgSYhLSUKZCbuVejM3fSU_RcMY5vfojeq2KZ5VAzAQ3zOmwiyVB9SkVCRH-hr47B0nFaVzoKUxCIoGOzH4CL8s3lSWd2bbaee1TZoGaDxA&_nc_oc=AQkZaBrvk8olx5oxwuM59y5Ft8s33xeMbPmVVFZ-2qgsroKjO6931cj9xAzOxzRo3NQ&_nc_ht=scontent.fdub2-1.fna&_nc_tp=1002&oh=795ab36e11783d28d365d8d5032070eb&oe=5ECEDDCB

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Louskerr123

Cheers, didn’t say much about the other guy who was injured
    The more I think about it the more it sounds like it was connected to the Essex deaths. The other man who was supposed to have been there could’ve been another person involved in the tragedy.

Not related at all.
    The two men who were shot were very good friends from Baldoyle, the men who were arrested near the scene of the burn out car are two well known drug dealers from Kilmore in their 30’s. They burn out car was also minutes walk from their homes (they wouldn’t be particularly clever).
    I can’t mention names, but one of them has a thing for “Gold RayBans” they were released without charge.

One of those released without charged had an attempted hit on his life a number of months back, he hid in a bathroom and his friend was shot.
    The shooting in Swords was apparently in retaliation to that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 568 ✭✭✭NewMan1982

Word around the Northside is its over a heroin deal gone wrong,,, Sunday world said who they suspect killed zac Parker at the weekend,,, there is talk of the same person pulling the strings as he is neighbours of the guy that was hit in the head but fell out over deal gone wrong
    (Google soldier gone awol over driving offences might be interesting)

Would you mind linking the sunday world article?
    I googled what you said but the article I found didn’t mention names for me to google further.

Not related at all.
    The two men who were shot were very good friends from Baldoyle, the men who were arrested near the scene of the burn out car are two well known drug dealers from Kilmore in their 30’s. They burn out car was also minutes walk from their homes (they wouldn’t be particularly clever).
    I can’t mention names, but one of them has a thing for “Gold RayBans” they were released without charge.

One of those released without charged had an attempted hit on his life a number of months back, he hid in a bathroom and his friend was shot.
    "Not particularly clever" but still able to shoot someone in a hit, I'd call that very dangerous. Both released without charge?

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Louskerr123

"Not particularly clever" but still able to shoot someone in a hit, I'd call that very dangerous. Both released without charge?

In general terms, not related to that incident specifically.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,289 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Drop the recreational drug taking talk - you are wasting your time as it's all been deleted. There are plenty of threads in which you can pick this upon as an election issue, but this one is about gangland shootings

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Klopplfc20

The war on drugs cant be won only managed it will never be won and until we release that we will always lose....to the police/guardia it's about number of arrests not the effects off arrest..they caught el chapo by an agent going against "the numbers" and he went to el paso from chicago to go after the direct route....numbers look good on police but it's not effective....we can only win the war on drugs by slamming down on the big boys and cut the supply....no matter how big these heads think they are in Ireland or the uk they are only small fish in this game...

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭ballsdeep69

Not related at all.

Dont know how true this is, but i heard the friend that was shot was shot because he was with "Gold Raybans" girlfriend.

Again i dont know how true this is, i was reading it on twitter.

• Advertisement

Klopplfc20 wrote: »
    The war on drugs cant be won only managed it will never be won and until we release that we will always lose....to the police/guardia it's about number of arrests not the effects off arrest..they caught el chapo by an agent going against "the numbers" and he went to el paso from chicago to go after the direct route....numbers look good on police but it's not effective....we can only win the war on drugs by slamming down on the big boys and cut the supply....no matter how big these heads think they are in Ireland or the uk they are only small fish in this game...
    The Infamous Pablo Escobar was turned against too in the end, he had very few friends for all the fame he endured, there's a huge lesson in that but some will only ever see the glory but governments have to answer for alot also, areas need to regenerated and looked after, there's ordinary decent people paying tax like everywhere else in the country, jail all dealers and bosses for long enough to make that regeneration change so when they come back our society no longer has a place for their previous activities, the only way to end gangland long term, It's shown that gangsters can come out and live a normal life achieving like the lad Wayne Harte I think is his name.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement