Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gangland Shootings Cont'd [Mod Note in Post #1 updated 27/01/20

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭starbaby2003

Dont know how true this is, but i heard the friend that was shot was shot because he was with "Gold Raybans" girlfriend.

Again i dont know how true this is, i was reading it on twitter.
    Is that what that video is about ?!

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭Noseygit

Anytime someone mentions the shooting of the truck drivers I can’t help but wonder if they are the two brothers that the UK police want to chat to in regards to the Vietnamese found dead in the lorry in Essex.

I’m probably way off.

Way off

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭Noseygit

Not related at all.
    The two men who were shot were very good friends from Baldoyle, the men who were arrested near the scene of the burn out car are two well known drug dealers from Kilmore in their 30’s. They burn out car was also minutes walk from their homes (they wouldn’t be particularly clever).
    I can’t mention names, but one of them has a thing for “Gold RayBans” they were released without charge.

One of those released without charged had an attempted hit on his life a number of months back, he hid in a bathroom and his friend was shot.
    The shooting in Swords was apparently in retaliation to that.

His friend's cousin done the shooting

• Registered Users Posts: 14 John McCamstains

I cant really see anything happening in this Drogheda/Coolock feud for a fair bit of time. Few months anyway. Garda all over it. Lads hiding out left, right and centre. Together with the Hutch feud going very quiet when the garda got on top of it and banged loads of lads up on serious charges it may be a very quiet first half of the year around the capital. Thats how i see it but have to wait and see.

Let's hope so.. hopefully long enough that 'natural causes' starts kicking in on a few.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,534 ✭✭✭Chalk McHugh

The Infamous Pablo Escobar was turned against too in the end, he had very few friends for all the fame he endured, there's a huge lesson in that but some will only ever see the glory but governments have to answer for alot also, areas need to regenerated and looked after, there's ordinary decent people paying tax like everywhere else in the country, jail all dealers and bosses for long enough to make that regeneration change so when they come back our society no longer has a place for their previous activities, the only way to end gangland long term, It's shown that gangsters can come out and live a normal life achieving like the lad Wayne Harte I think is his name.

Yea and not a bad place to get a free education either if you have the head for it. Plenty of time to burn anyway in the lock up. You may as well get a degree to help pass the time and possibly get a job when get out. Not sure if the Hart lad studied in prison but i know some that have.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭Banana Republic.

Yea and not a bad place to get a free education either if you have the head for it. Plenty of time to burn anyway in the lock up. You may as well get a degree to help pass the time and possibly get a job when get out. Not sure if the Hart lad studied in prison but i know some that have.

Even in prison there's a opportunities I would guess to further yourself, suppose it depends who you are affiliated with in there. Come out a better criminal or a more educated law abiding citizen. Some have great minds just used for criminality not for what the mind was designed for.

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭ballsdeep69

Is that what that video is about ?!

thats what i was wondering,

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭2PLUS2EQUALS10

IvoryTower wrote: »
    2 new accounts having a conversation with each other. Nothing to see here folks...

But you felt the need to mention it?

Klopplfc20 wrote: »
    Just carry on with the forum if ppl on here think that every person that's smoked a joint in the past should be condemned...I'm happy just being an observer to this forum as it's an interesting read and good for my studies but if this is the mind frame of the irish then no wonder the top half of your Ireland want to be british

That's uncalled for, just cause one person trolled you, you then tar us all? If you are studying then do the maths on the numbers in here comparative to the amount that live on the Island to a few posters here in this forum on boards. Anyway let's get back talking what this thread is about instead of name calling like some school yard.

Duterte's Drug War https://youtu.be/qugduxazBBg this would be an interesting way to police drugs and all associated. Wouldn't be a person left in a nightclub in Ireland at the rate they cleansed the place over there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24 Klopplfc20

Its like that over there because the source were it all comes from is mainly central america...and unfortunately the slaying of children/young men women is an everyday thing and very sadly the norm....the only way they would do that over here is if you was seeing heads on the street everyday like in Juarez,Caracas and Acapulco..dublin london liverpool are holiday camps compared to these countries.....shooting over here are very unfortunate but realy we dont know how good we have got it in our community's (compared to others)

But anyway like you said back to the original topic but I can see things being very quite for a while in drogheda almost like a game of chess waiting to make the next move no one wants surface with this heat and the anti-violence March wich happens tomorrow...I read this morning that a priest wanted to talk to both sides...and if ppl are true to there religion and beliefs they will listen because its obviously gone to far in a small community

Its like that over there because the source were it all comes from is mainly central america...and unfortunately the slaying of children/young men women is an everyday thing and very sadly the norm....the only way they would do that over here is if you was seeing heads on the street everyday like in Juarez,Caracas and Acapulco..dublin london liverpool are holiday camps compared to these countries.....shooting over here are very unfortunate but realy we dont know how good we have got it in our community's (compared to others)
    It doesn't make our issues any lighter but we do not provide the police with enough, they should all have tasers at the very least and a bullet proof vest that's updated well inside the warranty, seen some report (can't think of where) but that the vests were past their replacement date. The gangsters and all involved have to be scared of the police not the other way around.
    Depends who is patient enough in this game of chess as you say, that's why I referenced the Hutch lying low as I recall when the fued was starting, "experts" says he is brilliant at the long game and would wait as long as needed. Some are reactionary but some are clever to wait till the rivals relax and think it's quiet. With drugs involved with some they can't control what they do and just do it recklessly. Hope for peace and quiet but there's two hope of that for too long.

But anyway like you said back to the original topic but I can see things being very quite for a while in drogheda almost like a game of chess waiting to make the next move no one wants surface with this heat and the anti-violence March wich happens tomorrow...I read this morning that a priest wanted to talk to both sides...and if ppl are true to there religion and beliefs they will listen because its obviously gone to far in a small community
    Nobody knows who the two sides are really so doubt they'd meet with a priest as that would give away any of the players on whose on each others side. The march should be interesting, what date is it on and where?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭Hoboo

Nobody knows who the two sides are really so doubt they'd meet with a priest as that would give away any of the players on whose on each others side. The march should be interesting, what date is it on and where?

Everyone knows exactly who the two sides are, and where they live, not sure why your think otherwise..... the priest has already done his bit, was in last weeks leader.

March tomorrow from bridge of peace to St Peter's steps at 1pm..... local tds will address the crowd. Questionable timing, be better to address the dail and get the same resources limerick got......they get 100m, we're getting our CCTV fixed.

The priest was clever enough to put it out there so they hear it because even if we dont know they are heavily reading the news and I believe they are reading this forum as it's got 3 and half million views last time I checked so the msged would have been received....there Is a strong word you used there "CLEVER" I would say none of these are clever as being at the top is mostly only temporary and you lose them close to you ......I would say an adict that turned there life round has more intelgalence....how you can have children and be involved in that life is beyond me I wouldn't say any of them are clever TBH....and tomorrow in drogheda I believe in the shopping centre or near it but I could be wrong on the location

I didn't mention confession more about standing down and letting your justice system deal with the lads most likely they will get done inside prison not on the streets where women and children are....I'm not religious but I'm made to believe them who are strongly believe in what they preach...the guys who did that to that lad will gets what's coming inside or sorndbthe rest of there life in solitary protection wich for me is worse than death..it makes more sense to get him in jail and bring heat of yourself on the street

The priest was clever enough to put it out there so they hear it because even if we dont know they are heavily reading the news and I believe they are reading this forum as it's got 3 and half million views last time I checked so the msged would have been received....there Is a strong word you used there "CLEVER" I would say none of these are clever as being at the top is mostly only temporary and you lose them close to you ......I would say an adict that turned there life round has more intelgalence....how you can have children and be involved in that life is beyond me I wouldn't say any of them are clever TBH....and tomorrow in drogheda I believe in the shopping centre or near it but I could be wrong on the location

Clever could be the wrong word but you catch my drift. Nobody wins in these wars, like you say it's only temporary, regarding the recent murder and destroying the body it seems anyone who gets shot and killed straight away has got away lightly.
    Also as far as religion that can be discounted straight away, nothing in any religion permits ppl to go ahead with these acts, to take another life-threatening isn't religious in any manner no matter how someone covers it up.

I wish priests would keep their noses out of these feuds. All its doing is somewhat humanising these lowlife scum and giving them a tiny degree of respectability that they dont deserve. The only people that should be talking to them are the police and thats not to mediate and plead with them to disengage in their activities, but to meet them head on and bang them up where they belong. Thanks priests but no thanks. This is out of your league. This softy approach is playing into the gangsters hands. Time to meet fire with fire. No other way.

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭rat catcher

Hoboo wrote: »
    Everyone knows exactly who the two sides are, and where they live, not sure why your think otherwise..... the priest has already done his bit, was in last weeks leader.

March tomorrow from bridge of peace to St Peter's steps at 1pm..... local tds will address the crowd. Questionable timing, be better to address the dail and get the same resources limerick got......they get 100m, we're getting our CCTV fixed.

Ref tomorrow's protest march:
    A Standing Together March and Rally against the gang feud violence in Drogheda takes places tomorrow. It begins with a march from the Bridge of Peace to St Peter's, Church West Street. Assembly between 1.30pm and 2pm at bottom of Grove Hill.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 247 ✭✭car_radio19834

I'd say we'll have a low profile until after the election anyways. All eyes are on Drogheda now with all the crime talk as an election topic.

Unlikely to see any brains splattered this weekend I would think.

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭ballsdeep69

A Standing Together March and Rally against the gang feud violence in Drogheda takes places tomorrow. It begins with a march from the Bridge of Peace to St Peter's, Church West Street. Assembly between 1.30pm and 2pm at bottom of Grove Hill.

The criminals will more than likely show up to that to taunt them as there rivals/friends did with garda in past.

I'd say we'll have a low profile until after the election anyways. All eyes are on Drogheda now with all the crime talk as an election topic.

So evocative and beautifully put.

I reckon some northern ones do but let's leave that in the 20s HUN

• Registered Users Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭Hoboo

The criminals will more than likely show up to that to taunt them as there rivals/friends did with garda in past.

They won't. Everyone's gone low.

Be a show of force from the gardai, helicopters, boats, jeeps, they'll throw everything at it. Be photo opportunities a plenty, "calling on the minister to provide funding something something give me.your vote"

Hoboo wrote: »
    They won't. Everyone's gone low.

Be a show on of force from the gardai, helicopters, boats, jeeps, they'll throw everything at it. Be photo opportunities a plenty, "calling on the minister to provide funding something something give me.your vote"

Yes i agree. Not a hope any gangsters will be anywhere near it.

Right lads whose pissed in whose cornflakes? Haha we left this subject behind a few pages ago, thought we got back on topic. The march should be interesting, hopefully the ppl aren't too intimidated to get out and voice their opinions. Agreed the cops will have a show of everything but they are under resourced so I wouldn't blame them.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭Stevieluvsye

Right lads whose pissed in whose cornflakes? Haha we left this subject behind a few pages ago, thought we got back on topic. The march should be interesting, hopefully the ppl aren't too intimidated to get out and voice their opinions. Agreed the cops will have a show of everything but they are under resourced so I wouldn't blame them.

They won't get any hassle. In fact it would be the opposite if they saw any scum

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭Jimmy McGill

Let's hope the people of Drogheda get out in big numbers tomorrow to have their voices heard, especially people from the worst affected estates. Send these scumbags the message that they're not wanted.

• Advertisement
  • Boards.ie Employee Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Niamh
    Boards.ie Community Manager

I've just deleted a load of nonsense posts - please do not engage with the obvious stirring going on.

Alanwrats, do not post in this thread again.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement